R0 / DS-2CD2x32 BrickfixV2 brick recovery and full upgrade tool - enhanced.

pepeEL

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi
Is this solution also works with platform R4 camera model DS-2CD63C2F-IS ?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Is this solution also works with platform R4 camera model DS-2CD63C2F-IS ?
For converting to EN and updating? As opposed to unbricking?

No, not the 'brickfixV2' fix-up firmware pack - but maybe the 'enhanced MTD hack' if that R4 device also uses a flash memory partition to store the 'bootparams' hardware description data as the R0 series does.
If you have a serial console connection to the camera, maybe see if you can dump the flash so it can be checked out.

pepeEL

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
but can you give me manual how do it... i can connect by putty and show you... but give me command.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
What's possible depends totally on the useful commands that remain in the bootloader. Hikvision tend to progressively remove the 'useful' commands.

The way to see what could be done is :
Power on the camera, and interrupt the bootloader.
Use the command 'help' to see what commands exist.
sf would be good, as would be nand.
Also do a 'printenv' so that load addresses can be seen.
Note also that with PuTTY it's much better to get text as opposed to a screenshot by using the 'copy rollback to clipboard' menu item, to paste on here as 'code'.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
That's not the bootloader.
That's psh after the full bootup.
You needed to interrupt the bootloader, probably by using Control-U very quickly at power-on.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
file in attachment
Well done for figuring out how to get text from a PuTTY session.
However - it would be even better for forum readers to avoid having to download the text file if you paste the text into the 'code' tags of the forum, using the '+' choice in the post edit menu above where you are typing..

On the content of the files - this is still not the bootloader, it's from the psh prompt of a fully booted camera.
Nothing useful can be done there.

You need to interrupt the bootloader to find the potentially useful commands.
Suggestion:
With PuTTY running, keep Control-U pressed so the keyboard auto-repeats, then power on the camera.
That should interrupt the bootloader and give a bootloader prompt and some different commands.

VictorI

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks a lot.
Chinese cam DS 2CD2132-I (5.1.6) was successfully fixed and upgraded to the latest firmware version 5.4.5en. The camera gets available in hik-connect. Excelent tool and description.

tgeorge

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,
I have a chinese DS-2CD2032-I with english fw with sn DS-2CD2032-I012015061.CCRR525288854 that it was stuck rebooting. I tried the tool and after the v2 brickfix i cannot access it anymore.
It shows on SADP with ip 192.168.1.64 and fw V4.0.8 built 150401 so i changed the pc ip to 192.168.1.128 reboot the cam but nothing happens.
I can still ping it's ip but i can;t connect with putty or web interface, even with SADP or batch tools every modification fails.
Any suggestions?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
fw V4.0.8 built 150401
That's the 'min-system recovery mode', the minimal system with no web services, that's used to service the Hikvision tftp updater method.
i can;t connect with putty
A telnet access?

If you run the Hikvision tftp updater with the PC on IP address 192.0.0.128 and both the camera and PC wired to a switch, not on WiFi and ideally not on PoE, then power cycle the camera -
What shows in the tftp updater status window?
Also - though it's generally less reliable - try the same with the camera and PC directly connected.

tgeorge

n3wb
Reaction score
A telnet access?
Unfortunately it does not connect with telnet.

If you run the Hikvision tftp updater with the PC on IP address 192.0.0.128 and both the camera and PC wired to a switch, not on WiFi and ideally not on PoE, then power cycle the camera -
What shows in the tftp updater status window?
Pc and cam are on wired connection on a managed poe switch. power cycle of the camera is done via poe on-off. This method works because i have updated a couple more cams on the same installation.
TFTP server[192.0.0.128] initialized
and stays there with no other messages

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
This method works because i have updated a couple more cams on the same installation.
Yes, it does work - but in some cases it has not worked, with the tftp updater then working OK using an external 12v supply.
It's believed to be down to timing - the camera triggering the PoE power, then a delay while the link detect comes on, missing the fairly quick camera probe for the tftp updater.

tgeorge

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, it does work - but in some cases it has not worked, with the tftp updater then working OK using an external 12v supply.
It's believed to be down to timing - the camera triggering the PoE power, then a delay while the link detect comes on, missing the fairly quick camera probe for the tftp updater.
I will try it with a power supply onsite and let you know.

Thank you

Tom_C

n3wb
Reaction score
Alastair you are a legend, you saved me so much frustration, big thank you. I managed to upgrade:
DS-2CD2332-I
DS-2CD2032F-I
DS-2CD2032-I

One of them was bricked.

mike5w

n3wb
Reaction score
Alastair you are a legend, you saved me so much frustration, big thank you. I managed to upgrade:
DS-2CD2332-I
DS-2CD2032F-I
DS-2CD2032-I

One of them was bricked.
-------------
what firmware version did you use? i have sane issue with my two 2032

Tom_C

n3wb
Reaction score
what firmware version did you use? i have sane issue with my two 2032
I upgraded to V5.4.5 build 170123, used the one Alastair linked in his first post.
My cameras are Chinese, they had initially different firmware versions.

tgeorge

n3wb
Reaction score
Tried it on a lab lan with a separate power supply and it worked as charm.
I also did 4 more chinese DC-2CD2532F-IS with success, so thanks for your work and support!