R0 / DS-2CD2x32 BrickfixV2 brick recovery and full upgrade tool - enhanced.

valkdd

n3wb
Reaction score
Really 'unbrick.dav' and not 'digicap.dav' ?
Maybe disable the windows firewall for inbound access.
digicap.dav ofc, yeah, i didn't intent to confuse with that...
Tried adding exception to win firewall rules and that didn't help.
I am able to ping my desktop from IPC (being there via ssh putty) - does this mean that external access is ok or ping is not the same as access to tftp server?

Edit: also tried different pc with fresh install ltsc-win10 with fully disabled firewall and got the same result - IPC doesn't want to "pickup" tftp server from PC... I guess I can try win 7 like in the video (on the 1st page) but I doubt that will do any good. Is there a way I somehow can troubleshoot whats going on with my IPC using SSH access i have to it?

Last edited:

michaelsandy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
thanks for this advice...is the IPC_R0_EN_STD_5.4.5_170401-digicap.dav firmware suitable for all R0 cameras?
ie am wishing to 'fix' both a 2cd-2532f-IS and also a 2cd-2132f-IS camera
They both have v5.2.5 firmware, build 141201 ..?
thanks
michaelsandy

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
is the IPC_R0_EN_STD_5.4.5_170401-digicap.dav firmware suitable for all R0 cameras?
Yes, provided these are EN models and not CN models.
Applying EN firmware to CN cameras will generally 'brick' them, hence the need for this method of converting to EN and recovering them.

For normal web GUI firmware updates, it's best to do the updates in stages, so you'd need a selection of versions, such as is available here :

Oleglevsha

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I think they're CN models... bought from AliExpress
So the CN brickfix firmware is required..?

michaelsandy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi..the big tftp upload today was unfortunately a no go
there was just one line on the console '...192.0.0.128...initialised' and nothing further.
Had granted firewall permissions.
Plugged camera back into the switch (it has a static ip of 192.168.1.121) and all was well, except no picture.
should the IP on the camera be set to DHCP..?
it is a CCCH serial number BTW
thanks
edit - they are just connected directly ie LAN port of camera to LAN port of PC...should I be going through a router...or crossover cable...?

Last edited:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
edit - they are just connected directly ie LAN port of camera to LAN port of PC...should I be going through a router...or crossover cable...?
For the tftp updater activity?
A direct connection between the camera and PC can get in the way of the tftp updater handshake succeeding.
Both sides need extra time for the link detect operation to complete.
The same comment applies if camera power is via PoE - best to power with external 12v.
Connecting both the PC and camera each direct to router or switch ports should work OK.

Bob_sponge

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,
Just wanted to say a huge thanks to alastairstevenson for his great tutorial to upgrade R0 camera.
I followed every steps and it worked like a charm (I use a switch and it worked perfectly).
Just 2 points to save time to others:
  • I loose time because of windows: the camera would not find the TFTP server even if I authorized access. Reason: TFTP relies on UDP protocol and by default it's the TCP protocol that's enabled . Solution: in windows firewall and change TCP to UDP for the TFTP application and the camera will find the TFTP server
  • I had to apply versions in sequence (5.1.x -> 5.2.0 -> 5.3.0 -> ....). Skipping versions didn't work well.

michaelsandy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
ok, thanks for the tcp/udp advice Bob, and I already gave a thumbs up to Alistair
I thought you could just go with IPC_R0_EN_STD_5.4.5_170401-digicap.dav...where are the other versions?
msandy

Bob_sponge

n3wb
Reaction score
You can get them here: R0 series DS-2CD2x32x-Ixx IP camera firmware - History

Regarding the configuration of the camera I found painfull to use the web interface of the camera (internet explorer required).
It's best to use the Hikvision Hilookvision tool. Easier to use and it allows to configure the camera the same way the web page does.

Last edited:

michaelsandy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi, unfortunately unsuccessful with both a 2532 and a 2132 camera.
At least I could not see either of the cameras using the SADP tool ...am on a 192.168.1.x network
They weren't visible in the router, either.
Tried fixing the 2532 after the 2132. being particularly careful at the checksum stage
Software wrote successfully as attached.
Should I just start again?
Michael Sandy

Attachments

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Should I just start again?
That would be worth trying.
I checked your transcript, it's normal, no errors.
And I checked your modded mtd6 - your changes are all correct.
On the face of it, the fixup should have just worked, there is no obvious problem.

What version of firmware did you use for Stage3 of the brickfix procedure?
Generally the 5.4.5 works well at that point.

michaelsandy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks Alastair, it was 5.4.5, build 170401.
And that should configure as DHCP by default..?

Edit- UPDATE****
Downloaded a new version of SADP and can see the 2 udpated
and one original cameras
Not actually sure what to do now, but the surgery seems to
have been a success.
Thanks again Alastair and others!

Attachments

Last edited:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Not actually sure what to do now, but the surgery seems to
have been a success.
No - found devices 002 and 003 are showing 'min-system' with firmware version 4.0.8.
That's a recovery mode that's entered when a camera cannot boot properly.
It's also the state that would show when the brickfixV2 firmware is initially installed as it uses a modded version of the recovery mode.

bixlorr

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all ...

I recently retired with IT background and started playing with IP camera's ... something new to learn
As a side job, I clear out closed offices of all IT equipment and get to keep the hardware as payment .... got some nice Cisco POE switches and AV equipment ... also picked up a DS-7604NI-E1 DVR and (4) DS-2CD2132.
Since the original company will not provide passwords for any of the IT hardware, I basically reset everything back to factory and go from there ...

I first tested the camera(s) which had fixed IP's ... so without reading anything, found the reset button inside and reset back to default ... easy stuff. BUT not finding a reset on the DVR forced me to start reading ...

Found a hit on Google using brickfixv2 for DVR's and ultimately to this forum ... lots of good info :)
I went through the procedure on one of my cameras even though I had access just to test, everything worked perfectly as documented ...

BUT, this is where I'm stuck. The instructions appear to target camera's specifically, the only reference to DVR is in the instructions :
How To Upgrade >>> 6. Power off and power on the DVR/DVS/IPC. The device will search the new firmware and upgrade it automatically.
I'm also not clear on which firmware to DL as I'm still trying to figure out the Series values for HIK equipment on the Europe server

Can someone clarify if the brickfixv2 works on DVR's as it does on camera's or is there a different method to recover access ?

Cheers B

Last edited:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Can someone clarify if the brickfixv2 works on DVR's as it does on camera's or is there a different method to recover access ?
No, this language change / recovery method is only for Hikvision R0 series cameras.

also picked up a DS-7604NI-E1 DVR
There are various methods to regain access to this device.
First - use SADP to find the device and determine the firmware version.

If the firmware is old enough, there is a reset tool that might work.

Probably the easiest method is to re-apply the same version of firmware as is currently installed by using Hikvision's tftp updater method.
The firmware is small enough that there isn't a need to use the Scott Lamb tftp updater clone - Hikvision's original will work OK.
Tool and instructions here :

Firmware here :

And if you want a bit of fun, and the cameras have firmware of 5.4.0 or older, there is the 'trojan horse method', example here :

bixlorr

n3wb
Reaction score
No, this language change / recovery method is only for Hikvision R0 series cameras.

There are various methods to regain access to this device.
First - use SADP to find the device and determine the firmware version.

If the firmware is old enough, there is a reset tool that might work.

Probably the easiest method is to re-apply the same version of firmware as is currently installed by using Hikvision's tftp updater method.
The firmware is small enough that there isn't a need to use the Scott Lamb tftp updater clone - Hikvision's original will work OK.
Tool and instructions here :

Firmware here :

And if you want a bit of fun, and the cameras have firmware of 5.4.0 or older, there is the 'trojan horse method', example here :
First, TY for your reply

As per SADP, this DS-7604NI-E1 has firmware V3.4.5 build 170224 which I cannot locate on any DL sites and there is a static IP set on the unit which would have accessed a specific Vlan associated with the video security network
I tried the direct TFTP load method (192.0.0.128) using a few different firmware versions, the TFTP server always shows > Connect client failure,0
* all the cameras that were attached to this DVR were reset and firmware updated as standalone units

Is there any hope to gain reset to this unit ?
Cheers B