R0 / DS-2CD2x32 BrickfixV2 brick recovery and full upgrade tool - enhanced.

Totoro2042

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm not familiar with that model, do you know what series it is?

Similar to 'unbrick' or to change language?
Thanks for answer, dude!

The exact model is this: DS-2CD1323G0E-I (DS-2CD1323G0E-I)
I don't know how many of these models are used around the world, but they are very popular here in Brazil.

I need the "unbrick" solution for this model. No problem changing language, I already updated the FW downloaded from Global EN website in the past.

Reaction score
Hi Gents,

I've been attempting this on one of my DS-2CD2132F-IS, I have reached step 6-7 and when rebooting the camera to start Step 7 it doesn't reboot with the 192.0.0.64 address but rather the default camera's address of 192.168.1.64 from here I can update the IP address in SADP Tool. When the reboot occurs to it default to the 192.168.1.64. I have attempted using FLTerm to telnet to either IP address but all I get is connection refused. I can no longer access the Camera but only see it with SADP Tool or the HiKvision Batch Configure Tool. It does appear that the username and password has been set to admin/12345 or root/12345 however cannot login in to confirm root. The Camera does report it has firmware v4.0.8build15120.

Would really appreciate some help

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
The Camera does report it has firmware v4.0.8build15120.
That apparent firmware version indicates that the camera is in 'recovery mode' as it can't boot properly.
There could be many reasons for that.

What's the background to why you used the brickFix method?

Was the camera no longer working properly?

Was it a Chinese camera that you wanted to convert to English?
If so, attach the original and the modified mtd6 and so they can be checked.
An error in any mods to that could stop the camera booting.

Or did you just want to do a firmware update?
Please provide a link to the firmware that you applied.

Did the transcript appear normal? Can you attach a copy of it here.

Bartley69

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi Alastair,

I used this fix many years ago and my cameras have been running perfect since then. Recently my email notifications stopped working which I suspect was due to my email provider disabling the use of TLS 1.0 and 1.1. I'm wondering if an upgrade of the firmware of my camera would possibly include TLS 1.2, thus fixing my problem. An I able to simply grab the latest firmware from the Hikvision website and install it? I'm a bit nervous as I don't know what to use and don't want to brick the camera.

Thanks.

Attachments

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
It's always good to hear that the method has been useful, thanks for that!

I'm away in a foreign country just now, so don't have access to my usual resources to give you a reliable answer.
But if you did the mtd6 language fix then you can use the latest EN firmware which I think is 5.4.800
However - I don't know if it has the TLS update, sorry. But I think it would be worth trying.

Fred73

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi All

I'm trying to upgrade all of my Chinese cams. they are all working

I'm still confused about the MTD hack that needs to be done. can't get my head around which dev type tp change etc

See below it says the dev type is 38918. can anyone provide some info on what i need to change in the Hex Editor

# prtHardInfo
Start at 2020-12-27 20:21:22
Serial NO :DS-2CD2132-I20141208CCCH493584780
V5.2.0 build 140721
hardwareVersion = 0x0
hardWareExtVersion = 0x0
encodeChans = 1
decodeChans = 1
alarmInNums = 0
alarmOutNums = 0
ataCtrlNums = 0
flashChipNums = 0
ramSize = 0x4000000
networksNums = 1
language = 1
devType = 38918

Oleglevsha

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi All

I'm trying to upgrade all of my Chinese cams. they are all working

I'm still confused about the MTD hack that needs to be done. can't get my head around which dev type tp change etc

See below it says the dev type is 38918. can anyone provide some info on what i need to change in the Hex Editor

# prtHardInfo
Start at 2020-12-27 20:21:22
Serial NO :DS-2CD2132-I20141208CCCH493584780
V5.2.0 build 140721
hardwareVersion = 0x0
hardWareExtVersion = 0x0
encodeChans = 1
decodeChans = 1
alarmInNums = 0
alarmOutNums = 0
ataCtrlNums = 0
flashChipNums = 0
ramSize = 0x4000000
networksNums = 1
language = 1
devType = 38918
You just need to download and install the firmware from this site, and then consistently update the firmware from the official website of Hikvision

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
It's only when the devType is obscured in mtd6 that you need to figure it out in some way.
And you've done that with the prtHardInfo data - the devType for your camera is shown as 38918 in decimal, which is 0x9806 in hex.

Reaction score
Applied the procedure, everything went smooth.... but at the end I don't see the camera in SADP. Is there someone that can help me ?

marcelve

n3wb
Reaction score
You just need to download and install the firmware from this site, and then consistently update the firmware from the official website of Hikvision
Did that.
System went to firmware 5.2.5.
Then tried to go on to 5.3.0; Now I'm having a cam with an unknown password for the admin user
123456789abc
won't work; neither does my previously set admin password

Oleglevsha

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Did that.
System went to firmware 5.2.5.
Then tried to go on to 5.3.0; Now I'm having a cam with an unknown password for the admin user
123456789abc
won't work; neither does my previously set admin password
the camera will be on the old firmware version, use the login admin password 12345, Internet Explorer browser
firmware 5.3.0 requires camera activation

Durzel

n3wb
Reaction score
I officially love @alastairstevenson

Thought I'd do my friend a favour and upgrade the firmware on his cameras because it was out of date. He didn't tell me they were grey imports (not even sure he knew, he bought them from a UK supplier). Naturally all 4 were bricked. If it hadn't been for this thread I don't know what I would have done (or said), so thanks so much.

I have ended up with one problem though. I foolishly (?) tried to "activate" one of the cameras in the SADP tool. It accepted the password I entered (it didn't like the first one, which was all numbers and only 6 characters long). After a couple of attempts (I think it gave me an error about the host not being available, or something) it seemed to accept the password. I'm 99% sure I entered the password correctly.

Unfortunately neither SADP or the web page GUI accept the password. I've tried everything I can think of. The camera (DS-2CD2232-I5) doesn't have any physical reset button as far as I'm aware.

Is the SADP "Forgot password" tool the only way I can recover/reset the admin password? (I've tried the backdoor password generator things available online, they don't work with 5.7.5 firmware)

Thanks in advance :)

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Well done on the unbricking!
There were so many of these Chinese cameras masquerading as EN back in the day, from apparently legit sellers.

You can reset the camera back to defaults, 'inactive', if you use the tftp updater method to apply the same firmware version as is already installed.

Durzel

n3wb
Reaction score
Well done on the unbricking!
There were so many of these Chinese cameras masquerading as EN back in the day, from apparently legit sellers.

You can reset the camera back to defaults, 'inactive', if you use the tftp updater method to apply the same firmware version as is already installed.
Incredible! I just tried that and of course it worked.

I'm sure I tried to do that originally, thinking it would work, but for some reason the camera didn't pick the digicap.dav file off of the TFTP server. This time it did though, and it's let me start from scratch.

You're an absolute star! Thanks so much.

Reaction score
Hi,

I've got a problem with my two DS-2CD2432F-IW
The cameras are not bricked.
The actual firmware is V5.2.5 build 141201

When i lauch the ftpupdater, i have only the ...192.0.0.128 is initialised message in the window.

I have already:
  • disabled the firewall
  • disabled the antivirus
  • launched the tfpupdater in administrator mode
  • not using POE
  • using a switch
  • configured the network with the ip 192.0.0.128 and 255.255.255.0
  • trying with two different laptops
  • trying win win10 pro and win11 pro

I don't know what to do.

Any suggestion ?

Thanks in advance.

Georges

Last edited:

Oleglevsha

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi,

I've got a problem with my two DS-2CD2432F-IW
The cameras are not bricked.
The actual firmware is V5.2.5 build 141201

When i lauch the ftpupdater, i have only the ...192.0.0.128 is initialised message in the window.

I have already:
  • disabled the firewall
  • disabled the antivirus
  • launched the tfpupdater in administrator mode
  • not using POE
  • using a switch
  • configured the network with the ip 192.0.0.128 and 255.255.255.0
  • trying with two different laptops
  • trying win win10 pro and win11 pro

I don't know what to do.

Any suggestion ?

Thanks in advance.