R0 / DS-2CD2x32 BrickfixV2 brick recovery and full upgrade tool - enhanced.

pyspilf

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I think this may be my first post here, but I've always found lots of very useful information here. I didn't remember my DS-2CD2032-I was a non-upgradeable camera, at least with the standard HIKVISION procedure... so I upgraded and bricked it. After the initial banging-my-head-on-the-wall process, I followed the instructions in this thread. A few hiccups but now the camera is working on the latest FW version!!

So a HUGE thanks to all who have provided this info, the tools, the feedback, etc. There's no way I'd have known how to do this otherwise!

Cheers :)

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I upgraded and bricked it. After the initial banging-my-head-on-the-wall process, I followed the instructions in this thread. A few hiccups but now the camera is working on the latest FW version!!
Excellent!
It's always good to hear of a positive result, thanks for sharing.

drh

n3wb
Reaction score
Howdy,
I'm about to embark on this procedure as I have a DS-2CD2332-I with CCRR in the serial number.
Am I correct in thinking this is a grey import?

I'm a bit annoyed that I was sold grey imports in the first place but I've had them years as you can see from the firmware version below :)
If only I could remember who I bought them off :angry:

As the instructions at the beginning of this thread date back years and its now 2021, is there anything I should know or will the procedure still be the same?

The old firmware version is:
Firmware VersionV5.0.2 130805
Encoding VersionV4.0 build 130411

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Am I correct in thinking this is a grey import?
Probably not - usually these have CCCH in the serial number.

I'd suggest first trying a normal web GUI update, through the versions as opposed to a big jump, and see if that works OK.
Too big a jump can brick the device as it progresses through database structure translations.
Only if it bricks would you have to follow the brickfixV2 method.

A good selection of firmware versions can be found here :

drh

n3wb
Reaction score
Probably not - usually these have CCCH in the serial number.

I'd suggest first trying a normal web GUI update, through the versions as opposed to a big jump, and see if that works OK.
Too big a jump can brick the device as it progresses through database structure translations.
Only if it bricks would you have to follow the brickfixV2 method.

A good selection of firmware versions can be found here :
Thanks Alastair,
I ended up here because I tried to install a digicam.dav through the NVR update and it just said error.
Could that be because I tried to go straight to the newest FW I could find ?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Could that be because I tried to go straight to the newest FW I could find ?
Maybe - from that old a firmware straight to the latest would very likely brick the device.
Does the camera still work OK in the NVR?

If the camera is connected to an NVR PoE port - you need to either connect the PC to an unused NVR PoE port, or power the camera off the NVR, and change the PC IP address to be in the same range (usually 192.168.254.x) and the camera is using in order to access the camera web GUI for attempting firmware updates.

drh

n3wb
Reaction score
Maybe - from that old a firmware straight to the latest would very likely brick the device.
Does the camera still work OK in the NVR?
Yes, the camera is working on the NVR. I wasn't using a PC at all, I was using the NVR GUI to try and upload the firmware from a USB stick in the NVR.

drh

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok, I downloaded versions 5.1.0, 5.2.3, 5.3.0 , 5.4.0 and 5.4.5 with a view to start at 5.1.0 but when I tried uploading that digicap via the NVR, it came up "Language Mismatches" and didn't proceed.

Last edited:

drh

n3wb
Reaction score
ok, its a bit of a mystery then as to what nationality this camera really is.

I think I will leave it for tonight and maybe look at running through the procedure in post 1 after-all.

I just had a quick look and there's a lot of steps just to update a camera :) kinda wondering if its really worth it, its not even a good camera by today's standards. :facepalm:

drh

n3wb
Reaction score
So I bit the bullet and updated the CAM this morning and everything worked well and FWIW, I went straight to 5.4.5 :)
It was worth updating despite its age because at least it has line crossing now rather than just basic motion detection.
Thanks for your prompt responses last night Alastair :)

drh

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks.
These older units have been in storage for a few months and since re-deploying them, they were fine the day I put them up, but the following morning, I had the dreaded condensation problem, causing a blurry image :confused:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a CH ds-2cd3132f-iw camera that got constantly hacked.
Is this because you have specifically configured 'port forwarding' to allow remote access to the camera?
This allows the entire internet access to the camera, and puts not just the camera, but your LAN and the devices and data on it at risk.
Best avoided.
Check out the forum for the many posts and advice on how to implement a secure VPN remote access solution.

If you haven't specfically configured port forwarding -
Maybe UPnP is doing this without your knowledge.
Access your router and disable UPnP if it is enabled. Reboot the router.
Check the camera web GUI and if UPnP is enabled, disable it. It's on by default in the older firmware.

catwalk

n3wb
Reaction score
Is this because you have specifically configured 'port forwarding' to allow remote access to the camera?
This allows the entire internet access to the camera, and puts not just the camera, but your LAN and the devices and data on it at risk.
Best avoided.
Check out the forum for the many posts and advice on how to implement a secure VPN remote access solution.

If you haven't specfically configured port forwarding -
Maybe UPnP is doing this without your knowledge.
Access your router and disable UPnP if it is enabled. Reboot the router.
Check the camera web GUI and if UPnP is enabled, disable it. It's on by default in the older firmware.
Hi,

thanks for the clarifications!

That's probably because of UPnP. As soon I enable it I got hacked, like 3 days after. that's crazy. But I need it to enable voWifi :-/ I'll investigate the vpn solution too. I'll let you know if the firmware update is a success!

ardenct

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I have 2 CH cameras (DS-2CD2132-I), with the following firmware V5.4.41 build 170707 working fine, I've thought about changing the region but never really had a need untill now.

I've just gotten myself an NVR and these cameras show up as language mismatch. (I can bypass using custom protocol, but I’d prefer to use the Hikvision protocol for access to the additional features)

After a bit of googling I've was finally directed to this thread to change the region of the cameras, but as my cameras are not bricked at current, would the process still work to change the camera region? Or can I just start a little later in the process to change the region or is there a different process I should be following?

Also, the firmware I'm on seems to be later than the one indicated at

so I'm not sure if this is going to have an effect?

Thanks!
arden

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
The cameras don't have to be bricked in order to use the brickfixV2 method to change the language.

Strictly - the 5.4.41 version is slightly later than the 5.4.5 version, but wasn't obviously so due to the way Hikvision number the firmware. Either would work ok.