R0 / DS-2CD2x32 BrickfixV2 brick recovery and full upgrade tool - enhanced.

exp1k1

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a Trendnet IP311PI camera that has been recently annoying me a bit as the web interface doesnt work in any browsers except for internet explorer, and even that can be unreliable with the modern IE versions. If I upgrade it to a Hikvision firmware is there a list of the features/benefits/changelog somewhere? There are definitely a stack of risks.... And certainly a potential big time sink on my part! :p
Thanks in advance!

exp1k1

n3wb
Reaction score
Hmm, Right you are! Haha

I can't see anything relating to web interface player in those notes. Do you still have to install the little web components file on your own cameras? Or have they switched to a decent html5 player like most other webcams now seen to have done....

Thanks again!

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Do you still have to install the little web components file on your own cameras?
For the R0 series, yes you do.
These are end-of-life, so the firmware for these isn't going to be updated to use plugin-free video rendering, unlike the current models which support multiple browsers natively.

homeuser9

n3wb
Reaction score
Coming to this thread way in the future and just getting into the hikvision cams. I have 2 that I'd like to make sure are running the latest English firmware. Is all this moot now that it's 2021 and my models are not relevant to this post?
DS-2CD2635FWD-IZS
DS-2CD2712F-I

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
DS-2CD2712F-I
This is an R0 series camera - and the brickfixV2 method is valid if it's a Chinese camera and you want to convert to EN and fully upgrade, or it's been bricked and you want to revive it.

DS-2CD2635FWD-IZS
This is not an R0 series camera, so the brickfixV2 method doesn't apply to it.

homeuser9

n3wb
Reaction score
This is an R0 series camera - and the brickfixV2 method is valid if it's a Chinese camera and you want to convert to EN and fully upgrade, or it's been bricked and you want to revive it.

This is not an R0 series camera, so the brickfixV2 method doesn't apply to it.
Thank you for the response.
Last (newbie) question, is the R0 series camera special in some way? Why are they differentiated in the thread?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
is the R0 series camera special in some way? Why are they differentiated in the thread?
Only in the sense that different IP camera series have different internal designs in terms of the hardware detail and the firmware that operates it.
The R0 series holds the 'hardware signature' of the camera (model, serial number, region, language, MAC address etc) in a flash partition, which can be manipulated.
The R6 series for example holds the equivalent data in a security chip to provide a measure of protection against the ability to manipulate it.

Reaction score
Hi!
I was able to unbrick my DS-2CD2232-I5 camera and update it to 5.4.5 based on your description and youtube video.
I really appreciate your work and help.
Thank you.

homeuser9

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi!
I was able to unbrick my DS-2CD2232-I5 camera and update it to 5.4.5 based on your description and youtube video.
I really appreciate your work and help.
Thank you.
How did you brick the camera in the first place? I'm curious what pitfalls I need to be aware of so I don't accidentally do it...

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
A common method is to do a stock firmware update, not realising that it's a China region camera, maybe running hacked firmware to provide English menus.

Reaction score
How did you brick the camera in the first place? I'm curious what pitfalls I need to be aware of so I don't accidentally do it...
I just tried to flash 5.3 and 5.4 english (EU) firmware to my Chinese camera (CCCH letters in the serial No), which had original 5.2 firmware.
I was not aware of R0 cameras' update issue.
Thanks to Alastair to save my camera.

nanvos

n3wb
Reaction score
A common method is to do a stock firmware update, not realising that it's a China region camera, maybe running hacked firmware to provide English menus.
Hi, i have a ds-2332 firware 5.4.5 satic ip adres but i lost the password. the sadp tool is not working for me it will not generate XML file. is there another way to get the passwords?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, i have a ds-2332 firware 5.4.5 satic ip adres but i lost the password. the sadp tool is not working for me it will not generate XML file. is there another way to get the passwords?
Is the camera attached to a Hikvision NVR PoE port?
If so, try the NVR password for the camera.

If not - you can reset the camera to 'Inactive' (defaults) by re-applying the same firmware with the Hikvision tftp updater :

nanvos

n3wb
Reaction score
Is the camera attached to a Hikvision NVR PoE port?
If so, try the NVR password for the camera.

If not - you can reset the camera to 'Inactive' (defaults) by re-applying the same firmware with the Hikvision tftp updater :

The camera is working on the nvr bud the password is not changing. tftp wil not connect.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
The camera is working on the nvr
If the camera is connected to an NVR PoE port - SADP on a PC on the LAN will not be able to access the camera.
Did SADP show the camera - or just the NVR?

the password is not changing.
If the camera is on an NVR PoE port - how are you trying to log in to the camera and try the NVR password for it?
Have you used the 'Virtual Host' facility on the NVR - the links provided in the right hand column of the NVR web GUI 'System | Camera management' menu?
This can be enabled using the NVR web GUI Advanced settings tab in the Network menu.

tftp wil not connect
If you end up having to use the tftp updater to reset the camera - you will ideally need to connect the camera to the LAN (maybe a router ethernet port) and power with an external 12v supply.
You could also try connecting the PC with the tftp updater to an unused NVR PoE port, and leave the camera connected to the NVR, but the tftp updater doesn't connect so well when the camera is powered over PoE.

nanvos

n3wb
Reaction score
The camera is working on the nvr bud the password is not changing. tftp wil not connect.
The cam showed on the nvr
I try to acces the cam on the nvr 7604 it self. and save the new password but still the cam itself can not connect (password fault)

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Are you changing the password that the NVR is configured to use to access the camera, or using NVR Virtual Host to access the camera web GUI to change the camera password?
These are not the same thing.