Rage Reduction NVR

Mainsail

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Current setup is EZVIZ NVR in the garage, cameras connect there. 30 foot Cat5 run from the NVR into the house to the wifi router. EZVIZ app on my laptop and phone.

The EZVIZ app on my laptop has no problem replaying motion recordings if it's a random car driving past, but whenever there's an important recording I really want to see, it jams up and times out- will not play. :angry:

Some cameras will replay 100% all the time, certain others maybe 50% of the time, others somewhere in between.

I can go out to the garage and play everything from the NVR, but that means standing on a stepladder.

I tried upgrading the CAT5 from the NVR to the wifi with a CAT7 and it didn't change.

So after sitting here in a rage because I have to go stand on a stepladder in the garage to find out where my missing mail might be (the recording refuses to play) I'm wondering if I need to upgrade the NVR, the laptop software, or both.

I see the NVRs on the store, but don't recognize the brand, but believe it's a rebrand of a good manufacturer.

Help please - I don't like rage.

Mainsail

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I think I just pissed away $60 on the blue iris software.

Tried to use it intuitively but it doesn't 'find' my cameras. Tried the help articles and have no idea what the words mean.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Well BI does have a 14 day free demo trial, not that it matters now.

But it won't find them behind an NVR as the NVR essentially acts as a firewall and those cams would be on a different subnet than your internet.

You may be able to use your NVR and feed the cameras right from the NVR into BI.

In BI, you select add camera and put the IP address of the NVR into the IP address location. Put in username and password and hit find/inspect and let BI do its thing.

Then about halfway down is a pull down for Camera number and pick camera 1 and then hit ok. The camera should show up. Then add camera and the select copy and copy this camera and then change the number 1 to a 2 and repeat for your cameras. OR depending on your NVR, it may populate all the cameras in the main and substream pulldown boxes and you just select a camera number and then add another camera and select the next pulldown.

If you cannot pull the cameras into BI, then that probably means it is a proprietary system.

In that case you will need to put your cameras on POE switch instead of connected to the NVR.

Then you will have to go into each camera and manually assign it an IP address and user password and then add camera in BI and type in the IP address and username and password and then find/inspect and let BI do its thing.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I think I just pissed away $60 on the blue iris software.

Tried to use it intuitively but it doesn't 'find' my cameras. Tried the help articles and have no idea what the words mean.
Yes you did. It requires an iq of more than 80.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah, thats how my Journey started, out in a garage with cable drops and a Cat5e cable to the router/switch and a rage inducing piece of shit from Costco. call the Nightowl blah blahblah.
Turns out the NightOwl app was the culprit on mine.
When i swapped the DVR to an Amcrest, as a test ....the Nightowl cameras worked and the App connected nicely, and my Non-engrish speaking part of the family can use the phone App and go" look a car. "
After learning a fuckTon of lingo on this site, I was able to figure out how to Use Blue Iris with amcrest/Dahua products.

My job required a security system upgrade after crime spiked in the area cuz the Hood is just across the highway and they figured out how to cross it and find the 24 hour McFuckingDonalds on our street.
This was a deeper dive into seeing the need for an IP system, but having legacy Coax runs close to 150-250 feet.
Having the benefit of some school on cisco networks, and having pulled cable for a year and a half, I had had a leg up on the average consumer, but ntot much.
It's not going to be a simple overnight wham bam fix,
But I bet you could shit can the NVR for a better model with a better App, that works with BI and you can have a little bit of both....

Mainsail

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
OK, got the new Dahua-ish NVR, installed the HDD, connected the cameras, and I'm pretty sure it's connected to my home network.

It doesn't see the cameras. The quick-start guide tells me to go to Main menu > CAMERA > Registration, however there is no "registration" anywhere.

There was a small decal in the box that promises "related documents and tools" at https/hub7.cn/3RwEWm but there's nothing there when I go.

If someone has set one of these up and can slow-walk me through getting the pre-installed cameras connected please let me know.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So you have EZVIZ cameras that are made by Hikvision and you purchase a Dahua NVR....

If you bought like brands, it is simply a matter of plugging ONE camera into the POE port and give the NVR several minutes to find it and initialize it.

After it finds that camera, you plug in the next one.

If you plug them all in at the same time, you potentially IP conflicted the whole thing.

If you plugged them all in, then you may need to factory reset everything and try again.

Maybe the Dahua can find it automatically, but maybe not. If it doesn't you need to manually add them.

You never said the model numbers of the cameras - maybe you have a cloud based one that the NVR won't see as it is a proprietary system.

Use this as a guide.

Last edited:

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Worked for me. Your link is missing the : and/or the forum is removing one of the /'s
Try copying this:
Code:
https://hub7.cn/3RwEWm

Mainsail

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Worked for me. Your link is missing the : and/or the forum is removing one of the /'s
Try copying this:
Code:
https://hub7.cn/3RwEWm
This is what I get using your link, same as what I was getting (the : was forgotten in my post, but I had it in the address bar):

1676943052474.png

Mainsail

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So you have EZVIZ cameras that are made by Hikvision and you purchase a Dahua NVR....

If you bought like brands, it is simply a matter of plugging ONE camera into the POE port and give the NVR several minutes to find it and initialize it.

Maybe the Dahua can find it automatically, but maybe not. If it doesn't you need to manually add them.

You never said the model numbers of the cameras - maybe you have a cloud based one that the NVR won't see as it is a proprietary system.

After it finds that camera, you plug in the next one.

If you plug them all in at the same time, you potentially IP conflicted the whole thing.

If you plugged them all in, then you may need to factory reset everything and try again.

Use this as a guide.

Thanks! I didn't know ezviz was hikvision.

They are POE cameras (H265 I think?) that came with the ezviz setup. I don't know how to manually add them.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Don't know. Works OK for me. Expands to this. Maybe try it.

Code:
http://ewmen.hub6.cn:9091/api/webPage/pd?pdUrl=hYMqgT3FaWZiR8B4sbt5bgLc+V8y5q0VP2O/xR8wOL3i4+hOPYvx2XWouepeGjPRM+VAqpFZCdojlqNfCm8T5w==

Mainsail

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Don't know. Works OK for me. Expands to this. Maybe try it.

Code:
http://ewmen.hub6.cn:9091/api/webPage/pd?pdUrl=hYMqgT3FaWZiR8B4sbt5bgLc+V8y5q0VP2O/xR8wOL3i4+hOPYvx2XWouepeGjPRM+VAqpFZCdojlqNfCm8T5w==
That worked, got the manual. Thanks!

Mainsail

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Use this as a guide.

I followed the original post up to Step 4 but the cameras never populate either the upper or lower windows.

Is there another method for stubborn cameras?

Mainsail

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
By way of an update, I got in the four Dahua cameras and put them on the boxes from the ezviz. The cameras connected without any input from me.

I've played around with the settings but can't seem to get the motion settings to do anything. I want these cameras to record only video, but so far they are not.

Are there detailed instructions for setting up the cameras?

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
doesn't the NVR menu control motion recordings? I think you compromise some menu functionality when you run cams thru NVR's on ONVIF or something.

Mainsail

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
doesn't the NVR menu control motion recordings? I think you compromise some menu functionality when you run cams thru NVR's on ONVIF or something.
I did the setup from the browser as per the linked thread above. Just not sure how to set the motion detection.