Randomly cameras go off...

aapanju

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

Cameras work fine for abit and randomly this happens... a reboot of nvr fixes it... and again after few hours it happens... yet seems remotely I can view the cameras...any one face such an issue or know how to resolve it?

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

aapanju

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Wiring and connections seem fine considering as soon as I restart NVR it begins to work all cams come online... also check all the cables with a cable tester and all work fine.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Wiring and connections seem fine considering as soon as I restart NVR it begins to work all cams come online... also check all the cables with a cable tester and all work fine.

That does not evidence good connections...by far the most common reason for these failures is related to bad crimps, using cheap CCA cables, or failure to use the 568 standard when wiring...

aapanju

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
But if the crimps are bad wouldnt 1 or 2 cams fail? All 6 cams fail at the same time? Iv used the 568 B standard.. and used cat 6 cables
.. also is there any surefire way to test out the cables etc? Also when the monitor fails and shows that Hikvision logos etc... remote viewing still works

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
But if the crimps are bad wouldnt 1 or 2 cams fail? All 6 cams fail at the same time? Iv used the 568 B standard.. and used cat 6 cables
.. also is there any surefire way to test out the cables etc? Also when the monitor fails and shows that Hikvision logos etc... remote viewing still works

if they all go out at once and they are all directly connected to the nvr..then you have a hardware or firmware defect in the nvr.

aapanju

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Damn... what do you suggest to do? Nvr is english version cameras are chinese... should i attempt to upgrade firmware on nvr?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Damn... what do you suggest to do? Nvr is english version cameras are chinese... should i attempt to upgrade firmware on nvr?

You have to wait until someone who has experience with these NVR's to chime in...you can easily brick it if you update incorrect firmware.

aapanju

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ok hope someone else has feedback... thanks... really appreciate all your input and love this forum...

aapanju

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Whish I had bought coaxial dvr and cams... much easier... dont know why I wantes IP cams

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Whish I had bought coaxial dvr and cams... much easier... dont know why I wantes IP cams

IP cameras a FAR superior than "coaxial DVR's"...You think DVRs have no issues? They have just as many problems if not more.
Your problem is you were cheap and bought the NVR and cameras from an unauthorized reseller and now dont know how to fix your issue...
Its 2017 all cameras installed should be ip...
Finally, you should consider running a pc based NVR package like milestone (free for up to 8 cameras) or blue iris ($60).

aapanju

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
IP cameras a FAR superior than "coaxial DVR's"...You think DVRs have no issues? They have just as many problems if not more.
Your problem is you were cheap and bought the NVR and cameras from an unauthorized reseller and now dont know how to fix your issue...
Its 2017 all cameras installed should be ip...
Finally, you should consider running a pc based NVR package like milestone (free for up to 8 cameras) or blue iris ($60).
Actually my cameras were bought from a dealer in China that deals with hikvision primarilly. Also i have a dvr that's for years running with no issues at all. Atleast thats my experience. And the dvr was a no name brand. When buying these hikvisions my research showed no differance between Chinese and Usa dealers apart from price. Even the cams bought in USA Europe etc are imported from same dealers in China. Correct me if I'm wrong. I still feel it isn't a hardware fault but who knows.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Actually my cameras were bought from a dealer in China that deals with hikvision primarilly. Also i have a dvr that's for years running with no issues at all. Atleast thats my experience. And the dvr was a no name brand. When buying these hikvisions my research showed no differance between Chinese and Usa dealers apart from price. Even the cams bought in USA Europe etc are imported from same dealers in China. Correct me if I'm wrong. I still feel it isn't a hardware fault but who knows.

Lol, you were SCAMMED by a china seller. There is a difference between the china and world region products..build wise as well as FIRMWARE...that is where you were lied to and went wrong.

aapanju

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Lol, you were SCAMMED by a china seller. There is a difference between the china and world region products..build wise as well as FIRMWARE...that is where you were lied to and went wrong.
Buildwise ? Are you talking about hardware or firmware build versions? Also firmware I know is differant as it is a chinese multi lingual hack... yet if hardware is same their should work just fine.

aapanju

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
7608ni e2 8p

SJS

n3wb
Reaction score
There is a known problem with random reboots in high load situations, for the -I series hikvision published a new firmware some days ago. The new firmware did solve all my problems with my 7608ni-i2. I don't know if the -E series does have this problem too.

What some people helped is to deactivate UPNP onto the NVR and the cams. It is also important to reset the nvr after each firmware update.

Do you have the newest firmware V3.4.2 on it?

aapanju

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
No not the newest firmware... will try upgrading firmware . Thanks

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
There is a known problem with random reboots in high load situations, for the -I series hikvision published a new firmware some days ag
This was specific to the 7608NI-I2 model where the RAM allocation between CPU and DSP was not optimal, as you say, mostly fixed with a firmware update for that specific model, 3.4.82
By the way - the current firmware is 3.4.91 for both the E-series and I-series NVRs.

aapanju

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have the english NVr with chinesr cameras...will firmware be a straight forward process?