RasPipC - Cameras on your TV made Easy.

cball

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You fault is here: always use rtsp://ipadress:554/media/video1
otherwise you will call streams which don't exist.

ipadress of Cam.

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You fault is here: always use rtsp://ipadress:544/media/video1
otherwise you will call streams which don't exist.

ipadress of Cam.
That is what I had first but it would only show one camera. When I changed the second cam to 2 it appeared. Let me go back and try again.

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
What kind of cams Are you using.
And again Nayrs question - an NVR?
They are all Huisun Mini PTZ and no NVR, just BI. You were correct with video1 for each but I still only get the same 2 no matter what ip address or position in the script. I am also getting the tearing you had but I'm not worried about that right now. Also still cannot get out of the screen once it is up and running.

cball

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Do you always see the same two cams or different.
Are you sure, that the streamsettings for all cams are the same.

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Do you always see the same two cams or different.
Are you sure, that the streamsettings for all cams are the same.
I always see the same two cams. I have disconnected the two that work to see if other two will show, I have assigned the two that did not work the ip address from the two that did work, still no go. But all four play fine in VLC. I have gone over all the camera settings with the web browser and they are all the same, also all four work great in BI. ??

cball

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Did you do this?

• If you are going to have multiple streams, add gpu_mem=512 to your /boot/config.txt

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Did you do this?

• If you are going to have multiple streams, add gpu_mem=512 to your /boot/config.txt
Sorry I didn't see this. Yes I have gpu_mem set at 512.

This is what I'm getting if it makes any sense to you. :cool: The first and third camera in the list are the ones not showing so I was able to see this on the screen.

IMG_3195.JPG

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
due to unfounded accusations of plagiarism with this project, I am going to require all future contributions to be done through github.. sorry translators.. its not that hard, I'll help you.. existing contributions will be committed in the next push I am staging.

and FYI, using standard boiler plate is not plagiarism... thats what its designed for, quick and easy layout of structure and libraries.. I use boiler plate, almost all of this is boiler plate, I suck nuts at UI coding.. I specialize with automation that requires no UI, the real functional code back end code, so far has been 100% me with the help of some nice libraries for stuff like OnVif/Dbus/Etc.. and in the nature of FOSS thats how its done, build on the work of others, and in respect of other people's work this is a gift, to everyone.. hack it, trash it, criticize it, sell it, give it away, love it, or hate it.. just respect the damn license or things like this dont happen.

All the code I have used is intact with original licenses in place, if anyone feels I have omitted anything or left out there contribution then just let me know and I'll make it right.

now back to the grindstone, Ive removed my monitor from the mudroom and put it here in my office so I can finish up this last bit of code that needs to be done directly on the Pi done and out of the way quicker.. its a bit slower coding directly on the Pi and not my test environment, I need to find a better solution than I am using now.

ruppmeister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Re: raspIPC.tv - Cameras on your TV made Easy.

Serious!?! Plagiarism of open source packages and your own code? Dumb. Just dumb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
serious, the only way I can see that even the densest form of life could come to that conclusion was they have never seen a MEAN boilerplate before, it was designed so you could roll out a basic WebApp using MongoDB, ExpressJS, AngularJS, and NodeJS (M.E.A.N) with relative ease and quickness.. so if you just look at the surface it's all just boilerplate code, its not until you dig deep into the structure that you even find the vast majority of my code.

but I am not going to let such accusations fly, they are the most disrespectful of them all.. and I take FOSS very seriously, Ive built my career on it.

I removed no credits from any of the libraries or boilerplate, just happens there is no credits in boilerplate.. because its part of the stack, which Ive acknowledged.. think about what 'boilerplate' means, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boilerplate_code

all the fancy HTML5 UI stuff is just Boilerplate, bootstrap, angular, etc.. standard operating procedure and anyone making a fancy HTML5 app now days; anyone who isint using one is a loon spending too much time on nothing too important.. you think I would have spent more than 30 seconds on slide in modal window? please.. bootstrap provided that with a few lines of code... every icon and image was provided from open source libraries or open source wikipedia, or contributed by our friends here.

none of this is particularly hard, and after Ive cleaned every thing up the amount of code is surprisingly tight and beautiful.. I'll let my work speak for its self.. you can see all the lines of code that ive rewritten and the research and development ive done just by reviewing my GitHub change history.. everything is public and Iv'e hidden nothing, all my mistakes, typos, ugly code, tears and bugs: https://github.com/nayrnet/raspipc/commits/master

Last edited by a moderator:

neilyboy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I for one have nothing but mad respect for you buddy!! I myself am in the middle of arranging my 'work/hobby' room and can not wait to make this a part of it on a little 24" lcd I have laying around in the basement! Thank you for your continued work on this project! I do appreciate it!
Neil

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Update: The two camera that work are both Huisun V2 and the two that do not work are Huisun V1. All four work in VLC. When I tried them in Omxplayer only the V2 camera worked, both of the V1 did not. In Omxplayer I added --aidx -1 before the rtsp string and now the V1 also work.

Adding --aidx -1 to line 16 of the worker.py as @cball suggested did not work as well as adding that before the rtsp string in the essentials file. It only works on the command line.

Thia is what I get on the screen.

IMG_3199.JPG

Camera at .132 is a Huisun V2, camera at .136 is a Huisun V1.

Worked for camera at .132

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ omxplayer rtsp://192.168.0.132:554/media/video1
Video codec omx-h264 width 1920 height 1080 profile 77 fps 30.000000
Subtitle count: 0, state: off, index: 1, delay: 0
V:portSettingsChanged: 1920x1080@30.00 interlace:0 deinterlace:0 anaglyph:0 par:1.00 display:0 layer:0 alpha:255 aspectMode:0
Stopped at: 00:00:06
have a nice day ;)

Did not work for camera at .136
Looks like audio problem.

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ omxplayer rtsp://192.168.0.136:554/media/video1
Audio codec pcm_mulaw channels 1 samplerate 824192114 bitspersample 8
V:portSettingsChanged: 1920x1080@30.00 interlace:0 deinterlace:0 anaglyph:0 par:1.00 display:0 layer:0 alpha:255 aspectMode:0
Stopped at: 00:00:00
have a nice day ;)
pi@raspberrypi:~ $

Modified by adding –aidx -1 in front of rtsp and now works for .136

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ omxplayer –-aidx -1 rtsp://192.168.0.136:554/media/video1
Stopped at: 00:00:07
have a nice day ;)

cball

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
@bob2701
I don't have really a clue:

proc=subprocess.Popen(['/usr/bin/omxplayer', '--live', '--timeout', '60', '--aidx', '-1', '-o', 'hdmi', rtsp_url,'--win', " ".join(map(str,coordinates))],preexec_fn=os.setsid)

worked fine for me until my SD Card crashed while updating the system.
Since you are working directly on the raspberry and not with a terminal program like putty, you are probably not copying the commands but typing them new.
I had many spelling errors until I changed to use putty.
For example I had an error in gpu_mem=512 in /boot/config.txt. I missed the =. Stupid - cost me hours.

Have you tried to reduce the frames per second on the second stream?

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@bob2701
I don't have really a clue:

proc=subprocess.Popen(['/usr/bin/omxplayer', '--live', '--timeout', '60', '--aidx', '-1', '-o', 'hdmi', rtsp_url,'--win', " ".join(map(str,coordinates))],preexec_fn=os.setsid)

worked fine for me until my SD Card crashed while updating the system.
Since you are working directly on the raspberry and not with a terminal program like putty, you are probably not copying the commands but typing them new.
I had many spelling errors until I changed to use putty.
For example I had an error in gpu_mem=512 in /boot/config.txt. I missed the =. Stupid - cost me hours.

Have you tried to reduce the frames per second on the second stream?
Hi @cball,
I have switched to Putty and yes it is a lot easier. I set mem to 512 but then reduced it to 128 for now. I'm really confused because if I run Omxplayer on the command line and add the --aidx, -1 in front of the url it plays perfect. Without it I get the audio error and no video. Putting it in the worker.py does not work for me. I have attached both the worker.py and rpisurv file, maybe you can see something I am blind to.

Thanks, Bob

worker_py.JPG

rpisurv_essentials.JPG