Rather interesting to watch this character...

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
An older one, but found rather interesting to watch this character...

On July 31, 2014 a Black male kicked in the back door of a residence located at 4300 Mill Creek Road. The suspect fled the location when the home security alarm went off. This offense was filed as a Criminal Mischief.

Saltster

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yup, I have the Elk M1 for several years now, no problems with the alarm at all, I also used it to open and close my chicken coop door in the morning and close it in the evenings. Saved me from going outside to do it manually. Nice system for security, or to open or turn things on and off etc...

Now with Video surveillance and Alarm, if they are stupid enough to stick around, (or not) still have the mugshots for proof!!! Double Whammy LOL

Why let a criminal in and have the time to ransack, better to have them running when they hear the sirens...

Since my NVR is located by my Alarm panels, I would like to find out if I could connect them together, if anyone knows?

Video is for external monitoring my, cars, truck, boats, trailers, etc... (as well as inside) but my Alarm is for peace of mind, that no one will gain access and stick around...

And my fully loaded bedside Smith and Wesson along with shotgun being handy, is for Stand your ground (law) upon forced entry... That is my Triple whammy for any criminal(s)...

Last edited:

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This highlights the importance of an alarm system...it amazes me that folks will spend money on cams before a basic 300 dollar alarm.
Also highlights the need for Harding your doors. That 1/2" screw that was used to install the lock catchs, won't do much for ya.
Surprised the glass survived.

Last edited:

xtropodx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Don't get it, he spent whole 4.5 minutes looking through.....Sure this isn't the local zoo? Looks the part.

Hoog23

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
At first I thought he may have been looking for his lost puppy

RobertM

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
One of the least expensive hardening measures residents can implement is to purchase longer strike plates with more drill holes (lowes/HD/Amazon) for all exterior doors and drill 3.5 inch long wood screws into those beefier strike plates as well as into all door hinges. Those tiny screws the builder installs are worthless. Also good to have those $19 Masterlock bars securing all exterior doors. While at Lowes/HD get some cheap quarter round wood trim and custom cut them to secure all ground floor and second floor windows. Less than $100 can buy a lot of effective hardening!

RobertM

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Even after all the inexpensive hardening I mentioned above - the gentleman still could have smashed the glass to gain entry. I was going to say 'if the homeowner had shutters/curtains/blinds covering the windows then the gent might not have been interested in entering the home" but he might have tried to break in anyways because no one was home. Audible alarm saved the day regardless.

woolfman72

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
hmm after watching this i need to figure out my alarm because it never sounds off instantly like that unless its set to stay mode and we forget to disarm it and go to leave.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
hmm after watching this i need to figure out my alarm because it never sounds off instantly like that unless its set to stay mode and we forget to disarm it and go to leave.
that is not a primary entry door...that is why it is set to sound immediately with no delay.

woolfman72

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
that is not a primary entry door...that is why it is set to sound immediately with no delay.
good point. I guess i will have to test mine to see if it does the same. Otherwise will be getting them on the phone to make it happen.

Reaction score
Hah! What an idiot.. :lmao:
Why is he covering his face when walking by the house, AFTER he just stood looking almost directly into the camera for quite some time?
(Can't figure out if he saw it or what he is doing?)

And whats up with the shirt up over his head? :screwy:

Alarm and survilliance is a must, no mather where you live..
I even have it in my rented garage. (Mostly because it can take me weeks between my visits.)

Vtor

n3wb
Reaction score
good point. I guess i will have to test mine to see if it does the same. Otherwise will be getting them on the phone to make it happen.
Just like Fender said, it most likely isn't a primary entrance door.... However, even if it is, my system (GE Concord) gives me the option for "no entry delay" at the time of arming on away mode and stay mode. We use it at night and if we are gone for a couple of days (probably should use all of the time). Just have to remember to disarm prior to entry...Hahaha

Reaction score
Just like Fender said, it most likely isn't a primary entrance door.... However, even if it is, my system (GE Concord) gives me the option for "no entry delay" at the time of arming on away mode and stay mode. We use it at night and if we are gone for a couple of days (probably should use all of the time). Just have to remember to disarm prior to entry...Hahaha
Great system! I have it also with all the sensors you would ever need. Glass break and knock sensors are very nice. Install knock sensors on all door jambs and window frames to pick up someone trying to break in. Motiion detection and door/widow entry switches catch things too late in my opinion. They are already inside! At night my system is always on stay no delay, and the S&W is at my bedside in a drop down safe.

Matt L.

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Also highlights the need for Harding your doors. That 1/2" screw that was used to install the lock catchs, won't do much for ya.
Surprised the glass survived.
Tempered Glass is like transparent steel. Dear god and all else, go downstairs and check out screws on your strike and hinge. Mine had 5/8", wtf. I wondered why it bent when I tryed to force it open from maglocking. Spax 10x3 now.