Raysharp Firmware

r1142

n3wb
Reaction score
Does anyone have access or know of a location for Raysharp NVR/Camera firmware? I cannot seem to find any on their under the downloads and I would think they'd have it accessible for download somewhere.

I've also sent out an email to their support team, but I am awaiting a response.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Does anyone have access or know of a location for Raysharp NVR/Camera firmware?
If you post screenshots of the user interface, including the system info, maybe the firmware would be recognised, it might be an OEM version.

r1142

n3wb
Reaction score
If you post screenshots of the user interface, including the system info, maybe the firmware would be recognised, it might be an OEM version.
Here are a couple of screenshots. Raysharp is the OEM (Webite Here). I've searched their website and was unable to find any links for any firmware. I have also emailed their support, but haven't heard anything back. I believe my NVR is the N57xx series.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Here are a couple of screenshots. Raysharp is the OEM (Webite Here). I've searched their website and was unable to find any links for any firmware. I have also emailed their support, but haven't heard anything back. I believe my NVR is the N57xx series.
Hi @r1142

Was this rebranded by a company? ( i.e. the brand on the NVR is another brand besides Raysharp )

r1142

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi @r1142

Was this rebranded by a company? ( i.e. the brand on the NVR is another brand besides Raysharp )
Yes, My unit is Swann branded. Unfortunately, Swann has their firmware fairly locked down. My goal is to find a source for the OEM firmware to decripple it. This unit was a warranty replacement for one of my older Swann(Hikvision) units that was discontinued and the Raysharp model is what they replaced it with.

During my initial research, I've come across several Raysharp resellers, a few that even carry the same model as Swann, but not much luck on a firmware repository of any sort. I was hoping somebody on the forum may have a source for Raysharp firmware since Raysharp doesn't seem to post them pubically nor respond to support emails.

Also, I'm aware that most would not recommend against flashing a rebrand with OEM firmware due to potential complications, but I am aware and willing of the risks. In the current state, a PC/Blue iris setup will most likely be a requirement, so there is not much to lose.

Last edited:

ellirion

n3wb
Reaction score
Sorry for digging up an old topic, my self have a swann dvr DVR8-4575 and have found the provided firmware/software basically useless with the motion alerts, thought id detail some of the information ive found

i had the same lack of response from raysharp so started to look into the firmware supplied by swann and found the following

Alternate DVR8-4575 Codes

Code:
DM-274
DM-284
DM-298
DM-299
DM-307
DM-319
DM-321
DM-327
DM-358
DM-359
DVR16-4575
DVR16-4780
DVR4-1590
DVR4-1600
DVR4-4480
DVR4-4575
DVR4-4780
DVR8-1590
DVR8-1600
DVR8-4480
DVR8-4575
DVR8-4780
RS-DM-284
RS-DM-299
RS-DM-307
Resellers List

Code:
30days
Acromedia
Acurasystems
Advansat
Alphatech
Alteron
Anguatech
Applecam
Apro
Arsec
Assmann
Avant
Aventura
Avtex
Balandi
Balter
Balter_malte
Bascom
Biosite
Bolide
Borinato
Bright
Came
Camius
Camscan
Carrot
Cctv_core
Cdoubles
Celtech
Cenetec
Chunda
Cloud_intelligenc
Cocoon
Commax
Computercity
Conectis
Conic
Cortex
Cosmos
Cubitech
Daimx
Deapa
Defender
Denavo
Digitalbat
Digitus
Eaglestar
Elkron
Entes
Eurogroup
Everfocus
Eyedentify
Eyeforce
Ez_watching
Flir
Fujitron
Gigamedia
Glotech
Golmar
Goswift
Greatek
Gtec
H.one
Hanhua
Haoyunkeji
Hellocctv
Hiviewer
Homeguard
Honeywell
Hongguan
Impulse
Indexa
Infilux
Infinique
Infiova
Inox
Intelligence
Ipekam
Iqcctv
Itex
Ivsec
Ixtrima
J2000
Keep-guard
Keeper
Kguard
Konig
Krisview
Laview
Legrand
Legrand_bticino
Legrand_hdl
Limpid
Line
Livezon
Loks
Lookman
Lorex
Luxvision
Maverik
Maxsecura
Maxx
Maxxone
Melchioni
Merx
Micronix
Mirtek
Monacor
Nadzor
Nari
Neolink
Newlec
Nonghang
Normal
Novicom
Novus
Odeon
Optimus
Optiva
Panda
Partizan
Pishan
Prada
Profen
Prolens
Protectron
Q-see
Q-see-usa
Qtech
Raydin
Redline
Refa
Safe_lock
Safelock
Samsung
Sateko
Satvision
Secura
Security_alte
Security_labs
Sekkura
Sentient
Sfera
Sharm
Shield
Shopmass
Smart-guard
Smartview
Soyo
Speco
Starlife
Sunell
Svat
Swann
Taiwanboss
Teletek
Thomson
Titrading
Tmezon
Tongfang
Topcam
Tyto
Uranium
Urmet
Valuetop
Vdcare
Veotex
Videosecure
Videotecnologie
Vipaks
Visioet
Visotech
Volta
Vtech
Vue24
Walkertone
Winplus
Wisenet
Xinqiao
Xvision
Yigit
Yinpu
Zenon
Zmodo
the firmware from Системы и оборудование видеонаблюдения: купить оптом в Санкт-Петербурге от поставщика | REDLINE seems to be the most feature rich with other motion alerts types other then when ever the wind blows, not much but might help someone

garbage-1

n3wb
Reaction score
I must forever thank you @ellirion

I used the Redline MHD8p device (rs-dm-324b) firmware on my Swann DVR8-4575 (rs-dm-307b) with great success!!!!

8-канальный MHD видеорегистратор c IVA RedLine RL-MHD8p.pebble

The motherboards are almost identical except the RS-DM-324B was made 2016-01-31 and the RS-DM-307B made 2016-01-16.

Links to the firmware is:

The only problem I have found is that everything is in Russian. But given how crippled and feature poor the SWANN firmware is I am more than happy to learn a little Russian.

Enjoy your newly Russian liberated DVR.

Attachments

ellirion

n3wb
Reaction score
I managed to pickup a spare 4575 so I’m currently in the process of dumping the flash from the board, the firmwares aren’t signed so if I can workout how to repackage the firmwares hopefully I’ll be able to provide a redline firmware in English.

Not sure if anyone else has any tools todo this process but was unable to find anything online for raysharp firmwares only Hikvision or Dahua firmware.

garbage-1

n3wb
Reaction score
I assume its a locale file somewhere. So once you expand the squashfs it should be an easy enough substitution. Then repackage and flash.

I doubled check the firmware and it only supports Russian. The Redline Windows tools are also only in Russian.

Let me know how you go.

garbage-1

n3wb
Reaction score
Right. So thats why your trying to dump the flash memory directly. I may connect via UART when I have time and see if i can login. This would make it alot easier to update the locales.

garbage-1

n3wb
Reaction score
Hmm, so flash dump or broke. Damn. Do you know what flash chip it is? I maybe able to de-solder and dump it with my flash dumper.

garbage-1

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes my dumper supports that chip.

Rather than de-solder I will tap some wires onto it. Less chance i will destroy pads etc.

Once the flash is dumped, whats the plan? As no one will be able to use it unless they have the ability to directly re-flash the chip.

Curious as to the next step once its dumped.

ellirion

n3wb
Reaction score
Step after that is to reverse the update function to cross reference how the firmware is structure to create our own custom firmware that anyone can flash from a USB through the normal update system

garbage-1

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes i was thinking about building my own system for the board. But not being able to flash the board with my own firmware it was a dead end.

I also have the SDK : Hi3521_SDK_V1.0.2.0 @ 631MB.

But i think that's further down the path.

Attachments