RCA Video Doorbell

Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

concord

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hey gang. Has anyone tried the RCA video door bell wi-fi camera? Saw it on Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/RCA-Doorbell-Security-Detection-Android/dp/B077KW2T1H

Based on the comments/reviews on Amazon, it sounds like it works well with Blue Iris. Looks promising. Anyone had any luck with it?

P.S. - I'm new here, so apologies in advance if I've posted this in the wrong spot.
Check out the following thread, I think they start talking about the RCA version around page 12-14... But basically it's the same as the other versions (LTS, Clare, LaView, Neilly):

Sweet! LTS is releasing an ONVIF compatible doorbell with SD card slot and 940nm IR

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

giomania

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
And I have some consolidated knowledge on the device in the cliff notes linked in my signature

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Pilot04

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Fyi, my RCA Hik doorbell variant died on me during my lastest FW upgrade to build 180515. It was working solidly for at least 5 months but I wanted the new FW which removed the "subscriber is not available" voice message in the latest FW version. Somehow the FW upgrade bricked my unit where it doesn't even power on at all. I'm guessing mine was just the unlucky few that broke during FW upgrade and may still try another RCA variant since it's cheaper than the other rebranded versions.

Reaction score
Fyi, my RCA Hik doorbell variant died on me during my lastest FW upgrade to build 180515. It was working solidly for at least 5 months but I wanted the new FW which removed the "subscriber is not available" voice message in the latest FW version. Somehow the FW upgrade bricked my unit where it doesn't even power on at all. I'm guessing mine was just the unlucky few that broke during FW upgrade and may still try another RCA variant since it's cheaper than the other rebranded versions.
Did you attempt writing the firmware file to an SD-card, inserting it, then applying power?
This is the hardware method of loading firmware, provided the boot loader is not corrupted.

Pilot04

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Did you attempt writing the firmware file to an SD-card, inserting it, then applying power?
This is the hardware method of loading firmware, provided the boot loader is not corrupted.
Yes, I tried the manual route as well since I've upgraded that unit before via SD-card and over wi-fi and everything else I could think of 7 months ago. No lights or anything when connected to power even on my test bench.