Reco needed for Dahua camera (4k+ and also outside mount)

SAtoUS

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello, Newby here. I am in the process of upgrading a 10-year old 7 camera system to a 16-channel 4K ePoE Network Video Recorder. I'm looking at the DHI-NVR4216-16P-I Series (if u have one... please let me know what you think of it).

Which camera would you recommend? Let me know what you like/ hate about your current IP cameras. All the different models make my head spin. Would like to keep the price around $350 (US) per camera.

Thanks in advance.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hello, Newby here. I am in the process of upgrading a 10-year old 7 camera system to a 16-channel 4K ePoE Network Video Recorder. I'm looking at the DHI-NVR4216-16P-I Series (if u have one... please let me know what you think of it).

Which camera would you recommend? Let me know what you like/ hate about your current IP cameras. All the different models make my head spin. Would like to keep the price around $350 (US) per camera.

Thanks in advance.
FYI - consider the 5216 model instead...

SAtoUS

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for all the input, I appreciate it. I didn't mention a HUGE detail, my bad... the cameras will be mounted high, as in 30 feet from the ground. Unfortunately mounting 'em lower is not an option. Suggestions?

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
You won't get anything close to being able to identify anyone at that height regardless of the focal length of the lens. All you'll see is what happened and the tops of heads. A camera higher than 8 feet, unless it's a PTZ with a decent amount of zoom to be able to "see" out far, is not much use.

SAtoUS

n3wb
Reaction score
You won't get anything close to being able to identify anyone at that height regardless of the focal length of the lens. All you'll see is what happened and the tops of heads. A camera higher than 8 feet, unless it's a PTZ with a decent amount of zoom to be able to "see" out far, is not much use.
I see, thanks!

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for all the input, I appreciate it. I didn't mention a HUGE detail, my bad... the cameras will be mounted high, as in 30 feet from the ground. Unfortunately mounting 'em lower is not an option. Suggestions?
Hi @SAtoUS

Issue: ..the cameras will be mounted high, as in 30 feet from the ground. Unfortunately mounting 'em lower is not an option ..

Why? What are the obstacles?

SAtoUS

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi @SAtoUS

Issue: ..the cameras will be mounted high, as in 30 feet from the ground. Unfortunately mounting 'em lower is not an option ..

Why? What are the obstacles?
It was mounted wrong (too high) many years ago. The walls are 18' wide and not that easy to 'redrill and remount' now. I was hoping to just mount a high-end camera(s) that will take care of the problem.