Recommend 2 way Turret camera

JonSnow

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Any good 2 way audio Dahua cameras? Looking for a turret camera for the porch, bonus but not required would be tilit/pan.

I have a Armcrest IP4M-1051B and it actually works great for a porch cam but it's not PoE or outdoor rated anything similar?

Using BI as my NVR but will use iDMSS Plus for 2 way audio. I would like to keep the cost around a 100 bucks but willing to spend more for a quality cam.

Last edited:

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
check this one.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This is a great little cam for the money and the two way talk works with the BI app. I love the active deterrence on it and the AI basically eliminates false alarms. I have another cam that I have BI trigger the active deterrence to scare away someone before they even get close to this camera.

JonSnow

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
check this one.

I saw that one after posting on here, was hoping for a 4MP camera but this should work for my porch.

Can i keep the alarm disabled but have the led light turn on with motion at night?

The led light will be handy during the night.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes you can. I have mine set to alarm in the middle of the night when someone shouldn't be approaching the door anyway and then silent during the day. And you have lots of options for the audible alarm - from a siren to something like "You are under surveillance". That is the one I use because it is loud enough for the perp to hear, but not loud enough for neighbors to hear.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
I saw that one after posting on here, was hoping for a 4MP camera but this should work for my porch.

Can i keep the alarm disabled but have the led light turn on with motion at night?

The led light will be handy during the night.
Have 5mp, but this one stock here in Hongkong.

atlasuc

n3wb
Reaction score
This is a great little cam for the money and the two way talk works with the BI app. I love the active deterrence on it and the AI basically eliminates false alarms. I have another cam that I have BI trigger the active deterrence to scare away someone before they even get close to this camera.
Hi,
How do you have the BI trigger the Active Deterrence features. I have 3 IPC-T5541H-AS-PV which I bought from Andy and am not able to configure two way audio and active deterrence in BI. Please help.

Thank you!

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi,
How do you have the BI trigger the Active Deterrence features. I have 3 IPC-T5541H-AS-PV which I bought from Andy and am not able to configure two way audio and active deterrence in BI. Please help.

Thank you!
You have to set the active deterrence features up within the camera GUI, not in BI. Set up smart plan and IVS rules for the active deterrence. BI simply records the stream.

Here are my settings that allows two-way to work in BI:

1626064817760.png

main:

/cam/realmonitor?channel={CAMNO}&subtype=0&authbasic={AUTH64}&proto=Onvif

sub:
/cam/realmonitor?channel={CAMNO}&subtype=1&authbasic={AUTH64}&proto=Onvif

atlasuc

n3wb
Reaction score
You have to set the active deterrence features up within the camera GUI, not in BI. Set up smart plan and IVS rules for the active deterrence. BI simply records the stream.

Here are my settings that allows two-way to work in BI:

View attachment 94959

main:

/cam/realmonitor?channel={CAMNO}&subtype=0&authbasic={AUTH64}&proto=Onvif

sub:
/cam/realmonitor?channel={CAMNO}&subtype=1&authbasic={AUTH64}&proto=Onvif
Thank you very much! Can you also guide me how do I set up the lights coming on and siren going off from the iPhone. Couldn’t find the functionality in the BI app. Is there some other app I should be using? Or would you suggest me using some kind of NVR/DVR to activate all these features from iPhone.

atlasuc

n3wb
Reaction score
It works alot better in the dmss app, just use with the Phone app to make it working out.
I tried the dmss app. Since my cameras are behind a firewall, I couldn’t get it to connect it to cameras. I am using ZeroTier service to connect to the Webserver in BI. DMSS app didn’t take the webserver

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You have to log into the camera GUI from a computer to set up the lights and siren.

An NVR/DVR wouldn't help you as it wouldn't have the functionality to set it up, and even those with an NVR will log into the camera GUI to set up the features.

You need to either use dmss or log into the camera GUI directly from a browser by typing in the IP address of the camera and logging into it that way. This can be done from the BI computer.

Once there, you enable smart plan for IVS and then go to the IVS tab and set up the IVS rule and the settings you want for the lights and siren.

Or from your iphone you could remote in to the BI computer and open up Internet Explorer, but I think getting in front of the BI computer would be the easiest.

atlasuc

n3wb
Reaction score
I am able to get the cameras to work DMSS by enabling P2P. Is that something I should be doing? what is the other way to connect to DMSS when the camera is behind a firewall?