recommendation for best ip camera to capture face?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Exposure to auto will always give a great still image - it will probably be crap at night even with that street light. Walk past it and see what it looks like and if you get blur. I would zoom in more, but that is personal preference how much you want to zoom.

WDR will cause artifacts at night and you should try every other setting first before using it.

aboyz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
you are right.. the picture is blurr when using exposure to auto. I set it to mnaully with 1/120 see how that goes.. I also zoom in more. i turned off WDR and see how it look.

thank you

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You should be good with 1/120 manual setting (as long as you put in a gain and didn't leave that to auto)

aboyz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You should be good with 1/120 manual setting (as long as you put in a gain and didn't leave that to auto)
thank you . will do some more testing tonight. Can you check out this two camera capture from the front door and also on the sidewalk. Is the distance good enough? Please advise if the distance needed to zoom in more or zoom out a bit? Like you were saying the daytime capture good. But it depend on the night time setting correct?

Also when I play back, there is no option to export to .png or .jpg, there is only an option to download the file in .dav. Should I use my hikvision to export the video into an image file? Also what program do I need to view the .dav format.

Thank you again.

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah that WDR knocked that shadow out. Looks good. I think that zoom looks good for the sidewalk.

I export from BI now, but .dav is a video file. Up at the top right under playback is the option to download as .dav or mp4 - I just download as mp4 and almost any video player can play it.

aboyz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yeah that WDR knocked that shadow out. Looks good. I think that zoom looks good for the sidewalk.

I export from BI now, but .dav is a video file. Up at the top right under playback is the option to download as .dav or mp4 - I just download as mp4 and almost any video player can play it.
Yeah, thanks for the tips.. This picture looks good and the zoom is also clear!! i can see everyone that come into my house. Thank you again. We will see how it look at night .for some reason i don't have the option to download as .mp4 do i need to upgrade my software?

Attachments