recommendation for best ip camera to capture face?

aboyz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That is the same zoom as the camera you have now that you said isn't enough zoom (although you may change your mind when you move the camera up to actually see the sidewalk at the street at full zoom)...the difference is turret versus bullet camera.

If you want more zoom then you need the 5442-Z4E or the 5241-Z12E
Just ever so slightly better zoom than the ZE camera, but 6MP on a 1/2.9" sensor and you will be disappointed at night.
i guess my best option is to get this one

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, unless you really want to get closer LOL.

aboyz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yeah, unless you really want to get closer LOL.
thank you!! just ordered that one. I think that is the best camera out there with the zoom i wanted. I got the same excatly model to capture license plate.. So I guess getting the same one to just capture people face is good ;).. thank you

aboyz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
just did some capture on the sidewalk. it seem a bit distance. So i'm just going to use this one for my front door. and waiting for the ZE4 to get here for the sidewalk!!! the quality of this camera is amazing. comparing it to other brand like cresent. reolink, etc.. can't wait to show you the ZE4 :)

Attachments

aboyz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
i'm getting alot of motion alert. anyone know why? there is no people walking.. or detected. I switch to smart pan. is this why? I wanted to use the smart pan detection because it detect people face. If i use smart detection it will disable the smart pan. This is my setting

Attachments

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Yes, the smart detection it will disable the smart pan , those 2 smart function can't be used in one time.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yep, just use Smart Plan and IVS - a lot less false triggers. Just select human (and vehicle if you want that) and let the AI do it's thing.

aboyz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes, the smart detection it will disable the smart pan , those 2 smart function can't be used in one time.
yeah.. using smart pan gave me alot of false trigger. I switched it to smart detection and it work pretty good.

aboyz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yep, just use Smart Plan and IVS - a lot less false triggers. Just select human (and vehicle if you want that) and let the AI do it's thing.
thank you.. keeping this ZE camera for my front as it is good enough :).. quality is super!! I can see the UPS people clearly. last peice is capture all the people on the street. This will complete my Security Camera setup. My house is a dead end street. So any car that drive by . I will capture their license plate. And one shooting at the door and sidewalk. I will capture their face :). This will give me good qaulity video to give to police if any breakin :)..

thank you

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Have you already dialed in the plate camera for at night and getting plates (I can't recall if you were over in that subforum or not)? That is when it is needed most!

aboyz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Have you already dialed in the plate camera for at night and getting plates (I can't recall if you were over in that subforum or not)? That is when it is needed most!
yup. i alerady did that. thanks to this forum. people helped me getting the ZE4 camera setup to get the license plate at night. it worked like a charm..

aboyz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Anyone know what I need to adjust to make the shadow brighter? or the shade? Currently My house is in an angle that its shaded by the house. And I cannot see the face. its all dark. please show me what needed to be adjusted. and should I point the camera higher?

thank you

Attachments

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone know what I need to adjust to make the shadow brighter? or the shade? Currently My house is in an angle that its shaded by the house. And I cannot see the face. its all dark. please show me what needed to be adjusted. and should I point the camera higher?

thank you
FYI - typical issue with shadows.. try the WDR / HDR settings to adjust. Also imho the camera is too high.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You need to use one of the backlighting options like WDR, but try them all and see which works best.

aboyz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
thank you adjusted the blacklightion option to WDR. see if that help.. if not i'll mess around with the backlight option more. Anyway. I just installed the ZE4 to zoom in on the drive way. How is this distance? Or should I zoom in more>? please advise. Any special setting I need? for capture people at night and in the daytime? Currently it is set to default.

Let me know if any adjustment needed to be made for day mode and night mode to capture people as clearly as possible.

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I think that is good. You zoom too much and run the risk of them just not looking forward or towards your house. But wait till someone walks by and adjust from there.

You can get away with default in the day easier than at night, but you will probably still want to adjust the numbers.

Try running manual shutter 1/120 at night and gain no higher than 50. Then start going slower shutter from there if it is too dark. The faster the shutter, the more detail you get, but the darker the image is as you need more light.

aboyz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I think that is good. You zoom too much and run the risk of them just not looking forward or towards your house. But wait till someone walks by and adjust from there.

You can get away with default in the day easier than at night, but you will probably still want to adjust the numbers.

Try running manual shutter 1/120 at night and gain no higher than 50. Then start going slower shutter from there if it is too dark. The faster the shutter, the more detail you get, but the darker the image is as you need more light.
Thank you. i'll run it at 1/120 for both at night and gain no higher than 50. I have a light sensor that turn on if someone is detected. So with the light turning on. should I just leave it always at day time mode?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
See if you can tolerate forcing it in color even if you have to slow the shutter a bit. What happens is if it is B/W then the light comes on and blinds the camera as it switches to color. Or force it b/w. Most do not run night on auto - either force it color or force it B/W.

aboyz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
how is this setup for night mode. i set it to color always and set backlight WDR and set exposure to auto. does this look good?
Also do you think the street view is too far away? do i need to zoom in?

Attachments