Recommendations Needed for PoE+ Splitter

Dave McKeen

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello! I need a PoE+ splitter for my SD49225T-HN PTZ camera and Microseven M7WP-MIC microphone.

In early September 2017 while testing my SD49225T-HN PTZ I found that the POE splitter that came with the microphone was getting hot. It took only a little research to discover that the splitter was a passive device, which was a little hard to believe. After checking around I bought this active splitter from Amazon:

SMAKN® Active Gigabit PoE Splitter Adapter, IEEE 802.3at compliant, Up To 100 meters, 5V / 12V /18v Output

The SMAKN splitter failed in the July 2018 heat. I bypassed it in order to continue using the PTZ camera. There are no operating temperature specs in the listing on Amazon for the splitter.

I bought an Intellinet PoE+ Splitter (560443) $43.95 on Amazon. The manufacturer’s website says Operating temperature: 0 – 60°C (32 – 140°F). When it arrived I discovered its purpose is to power non-PoE devices. Sent it back!

Help! Any recommendations for a PoE+ splitter for my purpose?

Thanks, - Dave

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello! I need a PoE+ splitter for my SD49225T-HN PTZ camera and Microseven M7WP-MIC microphone.

In early September 2017 while testing my SD49225T-HN PTZ I found that the POE splitter that came with the microphone was getting hot. It took only a little research to discover that the splitter was a passive device, which was a little hard to believe. After checking around I bought this active splitter from Amazon:

SMAKN® Active Gigabit PoE Splitter Adapter, IEEE 802.3at compliant, Up To 100 meters, 5V / 12V /18v Output

The SMAKN splitter failed in the July 2018 heat. I bypassed it in order to continue using the PTZ camera. There are no operating temperature specs in the listing on Amazon for the splitter.

I bought an Intellinet PoE+ Splitter (560443) $43.95 on Amazon. The manufacturer’s website says Operating temperature: 0 – 60°C (32 – 140°F). When it arrived I discovered its purpose is to power non-PoE devices. Sent it back!

Help! Any recommendations for a PoE+ splitter for my purpose?

Thanks, - Dave
also see this Tycon systems (POE-SPLT-4848G-P) ACTIVE SPLITTER 802.3AF/AT POE TO 48VDC 20W OUTPUT
Need to power POE Cam and Illuminator off one POE run, possible?

Dave McKeen

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hey fenderman! I got one already. Intellinet PoE+ Splitter (560443) from Amazon at $43.95. I chose it because operating temperature: 0 – 60°C (32 – 140°F) was the best I could find. They sent 2 for the $$. It's in and working, but I won't know until the heat of next summer if it's up to the task.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey fenderman! I got one already. Intellinet PoE+ Splitter (560443) from Amazon at $43.95. I chose it because operating temperature: 0 – 60°C (32 – 140°F) was the best I could find. They sent 2 for the $$. It's in and working, but I won't know until the heat of next summer if it's up to the task.
Note, that product is different in that it doesnt pass poe via the ethernet out port and you need use a y splitter...The tycon sends poe out the ethernet and provides vdc power to another device(s)

Dave McKeen

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Oh, then the Tycon is what I really wanted. Yeah, I'm using a "Y" cable for my 12vdc and sending Ethernet without 48v to the PTZ same as with the SMAKEN. I made note of the Tycon and will use it with my next Starlight.

Thanks much!

GFM

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Moving one of my older Foscam 8904W (wireless/wired) cams to a different location, want to have it wired instead of using wifi. Cam works ok to monitor a portion of the back yard to check on wildlife etc. One of these poe splitters should work, don't need power to the cam via the ethernet so this via Amazon.ca looks like it should be ideal... Anyone have experience with this particular unit? The cam requires the 5v supply via a small coaxial type DC power connector. Cam is 2 amp max I believe (Foscam p/s is 2000mA) so kind of tight load-wise with the IR working. One of the tips hopefully fits.
ANVISION Active Gigabit PoE Splitter Adapter with Multi-Size Tips, 10/100/1000Mbps IEEE 802.3af Compliant Up to 100m (328 Feet), DC 5V/9V/12V