Recorded Video starts too late

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
What processor do you have in the Gen8? Also are there any other cameras on the network? Have you monitored cpu use on the Gen8 to see if gets high during recording?

markh

n3wb
Reaction score
Gday Fenderman,

Ive got a i3-3220T in it. Its a 2 Core, 4 thread CPU which runs at 2.8Ghz.
Single Hikvision (DS-2CD2132-I) Camera.

CPU usage was high with the Original Stock Celeron CPU (A few months ago), which is why i replaced it with the i3.

I had some freeze's today since changing to Constant Bitrate. So i've just turned Direct to Disk off. Sooner or later this issue should go.

Is there some CPU logging software i can run to get some CPU usage data that you know of?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I dont think its the cpu. That i3 is way more than enough...i think turning off direct to disk will help..
Another thing to try is set the fps to exactly 6 (or whatever your frame rate is) in blue iris and see if that resolves anything..also try increasing your frame rate (in the camera) to say 12-15 and see if there is any difference (make sure to adjust the fps in blue iris as well)
It is also my understanding that windows server prioritizes services so you might want to try running BI as a service..
Finally, if none of this works email support and see what Ken says.. Even if not using direct to disc resolves the issue, i think you figure it out because you save considerable cpu using d2d...

markh

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Fenderman , Turning off D2D didn't correct the issue. I originally has 6FPS on the camera and Blue Iris, so ill need to try something different.

Maybe i need to create some exclusions on Microsoft Security Essentials. Cheers for you advise non the less.

At least im now recording the inital frames. Which wasn't happening before.

Mark.

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
hmm...no idea...let us know if you figure it out....
Just disable MSE altogether and see if it resolves the issue..