Remote network using a bridge for cameras?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Ideally, use Ubiquiti's software (or others) to perform a field survey of the frequencies in the proposed install area to see what the ambient background looks like.

Tazz 316

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ideally, use Ubiquiti's software (or others) to perform a field survey of the frequencies in the proposed install area to see what the ambient background looks like.
That is easy as he lives just down the road from me. My nanobeam bridge will cross over his mine is only temporary but i think his will be permanent.

Attachments

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
Make sure you get height above the fresnel zone as talked about before and above all obstructions (including glass). He may be more “needier” than you as far as speeds go. I tend to do things better for friends and family than myself so I don’t have to deal with call backs and tech support.

Tazz 316

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Make sure you get height above the fresnel zone as talked about before and above all obstructions (including glass). He may be more “needier” than you as far as speeds go. I tend to do things better for friends and family than myself so I don’t have to deal with call backs and tech support.
That is what worries me, i don't want to deal with issues lol

His will be mounted up on a pole at the peaks of his roof 12 feet +

Tazz 316

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is there a way to monitor my friends bridge connection remotely?

i think UI has a way to do this.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
If you can log into his network remotely and securely, VPN, you can log right onto the link just as if you were on a PC in his house.

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
I don't think the Nanobeams are controller based are they?

I know their Unifi gear works on their controllers. I'm not sure on their PtP stuff.

just some dude

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hello, questions about Ubiquiti LocoM2. I only need to go 50' to a garage to install one camera (concrete between house and garage, not burying cable). It was recommended that I use the Ubiquiti LocoM2. Seems straightforward except the difference in POE power standard. The camera (IPC-T5442T-ZE) is 48volt POE, the M2 is 24 volt POE. What is best practice, install a POE switch in the garage attached to the M2? Or perhaps find a small POE injector?

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hello, questions about Ubiquiti LocoM2. I only need to go 50' to a garage to install one camera (concrete between house and garage, not burying cable). It was recommended that I use the Ubiquiti LocoM2. Seems straightforward except the difference in POE power standard. The camera (IPC-T5442T-ZE) is 48volt POE, the M2 is 24 volt POE. What is best practice, install a POE switch in the garage attached to the M2? Or perhaps find a small POE injector?

If that bundled 2-pack comes with the passive 24V injectors, why not use those for the radios and save some money? Buy a 802.3af injector for the POE cam, like this.

BTW, if you've got good LOS and it's only 50 ft., I'd consider the 5 GHz AC Loco's. If you're in a densely populated area you may get less interference from other 2.4GHz signals. Also, you'll likely have to run either 2.4 or 5GHz at less than 100% signal strength/sensitivity also for that short distance.

Last edited:

just some dude

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
If that bundled 2-pack comes with the passive 24V injectors, why not use those for the radios and save some money? Buy a 302.3af injector for the POE cam, like this.

BTW, if you've got good LOS and it's only 50 ft., I'd consider the 5 GHz AC Loco's. If you're in a densely populated area you may get less interference from other 2.4GHz signals. Also, you'll likely have to run either 2.4 or 5GHz at less than 100% signal strength/sensitivity also for that short distance.

just some dude

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Okay, so the 24-volt POE is for the radios and lower voltage cameras I suppose. But ultimately I would have to have 48 volt POE injectors or POE switch for my Dahua camera.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Okay, so the 24-volt POE is for the radios and lower voltage cameras I suppose.
The 24VDC is for those Ubiquiti radios (other Ubiquiti models are 802.3af).
"Low voltage cameras"? If not POE then most are 12VDC, not 24.
. But ultimately I would have to have 48 volt POE injectors or POE switch for my Dahua camera.
Yes, if the camera is POE, 802.3af spec.