REOLink 411S Video Color

Reaction score
Reaching out to see if anyone can help me. I have emailed REOLINK but haven't heard back. I may have to return camera because I have done everything I can think of.

I installed yesterday and the picture was great. However, today the picture has basically crapped out on me. I even upgraded firmware today to see if that would help. I have screenshot the ui, and left the picture as default. Yesterday the default was quite different. As you can see in the attachment the picture there is basically no green on the pines or grass.

Any ideas before I return on amazon

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Reaching out to see if anyone can help me. I have emailed REOLINK but haven't heard back. I may have to return camera because I have done everything I can think of.

I installed yesterday and the picture was great. However, today the picture has basically crapped out on me. I even upgraded firmware today to see if that would help. I have screenshot the ui, and left the picture as default. Yesterday the default was quite different. As you can see in the attachment the picture there is basically no green on the pines or grass.

Any ideas before I return on amazon
Welcome to the forum. The IR filter is stuck. You can try tapping the camera to move it, but I would return/exchange it.

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. The IR filter is stuck. You can try tapping the camera to move it, but I would return/exchange it.

That was exactly the problem. Thanks!! I gave it a few taps and I'm not sure if it helped. I also unplugged for a couple mins. Cleared right up. But now, it won't come back on at night. Its pitch black on the camera now. I'm going to pack it up and send it back. I have to decide if I want to give this brand another try or not. I really like the motorized zoom / wide angle of the camera which is hard to find at that price point.

justadude

n3wb
Reaction score
Under the advanced settings make sure day/night is set to auto. If it's still stuck try switching the setting to something other than auto and hit apply, then switch it back and apply again. Or try hitting default on the advanced settings to reset everything. I have 2 reolink cameras (410 and 422), and the settings can be really finicky sometimes. These cameras aren't bad for their price point but I'm starting to look for the next step up.

Reaction score
I'm trying to get the camera to work perfectly. I have been able to get the daytime to work but the night vision needs a different profile and I can't get it to change automatically because they are camera settings. I'm curious what settings do you use?
Pete

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm trying to get the camera to work perfectly. I have been able to get the daytime to work but the night vision needs a different profile and I can't get it to change automatically because they are camera settings. I'm curious what settings do you use?
Pete
Welcome to the forum. Why dont you use the same night profile during the day?

Reaction score
I don't use that profile because it is 640x360 I can get a much better picture using the daytime profile. I can only use one or the other unless you manually change the encode on the camera. I attached a screenshot of the night mode. This camer directly from Reolink.

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't use that profile because it is 640x360 I can get a much better picture using the daytime profile. I can only use one or the other unless you manually change the encode on the camera. I attached a screenshot of the night mode. This camer directly from Reolink.
Well then that's not a proper solution if your night video is low res...contact blue iris support and see if he can help...
Have you tied both main and high?

Reaction score
The only profile that works is Baseline. I get artifacts using Main or High. I contacted BI support again.

So far daylight is almost working great. Night doesn't work unless I completely reconfigure the camera's settings. Every morning I wake up to a camera picture with constant smearing. This is odd. I had to reboot the camera and BI and it works perfect. This happens ever effin day. It's annoying waking up to a DING. Constantly.
Pete

Well then that's not a proper solution if your night video is low res...contact blue iris support and see if he can help...
Have you tied both main and high?