reolink cameras?

Reaction score
Hi guys. My Reolink RLC-410 camera works well with Blue Iris, but not so well with the IP Cam Viewer Pro app on my iPhone. :( I understand there is an iframe issue with Reolink's firmware, but might anyone have ideas how to obtain clear video on this iPhone app? I've reduced the image size, reduced the bit rate, reduced the frame rate, and none of these helped. Mostly, I get gray images on the phone, as if there's never any iframes received. Occasionally, the rare image comes through clear for a second or two, then back to gray. :(

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi guys. My Reolink RLC-410 camera works well with Blue Iris, but not so well with the IP Cam Viewer Pro app on my iPhone. :( I understand there is an iframe issue with Reolink's firmware, but might anyone have ideas how to obtain clear video on this iPhone app? I've reduced the image size, reduced the bit rate, reduced the frame rate, and none of these helped. Mostly, I get gray images on the phone, as if there's never any iframes received. Occasionally, the rare image comes through clear for a second or two, then back to gray. :(
Is there a reason you are using ipcamviewer rather than the BI mobile app?

Reaction score
Was using IP Cam Viewer before obtaining Blue Iris. Wife is using it (IP Cam Viewer) as well. Avoiding teaching her yet another GUI interface after she finally learned the earlier one.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Was using IP Cam Viewer before obtaining Blue Iris. Wife is using it (IP Cam Viewer) as well. Avoiding teaching her yet another GUI interface after she finally learned the earlier one.
You should get it for yourself at the least. You can do so much more with the BI app than ipcamviewer...this issue is likely something the ipcamviewer developer has to fix...what you can do is have ipcamviewer pull streams from the BI server rather than the camera.
The BI mobile app is very intuitive and easy to use. Its worth it just to be able to review recorded footage.

Reaction score
Oh, I've got the BI app on my iPhone, and I like it a lot. I e-mailed the developer of IP Cam Viewer Pro today, describing the issue, and that Ken at Blue Iris had to update BI for these cameras. I'm certain it's the iframe thing. We'll see what happens.

Reaction score
The IP Cam Viewer Pro developer replied overnight. He suggested I change from the Reolink generic/HTTP: device to the Reolink RTSP device, and this appears to have resolved the issue.

Reaction score
Hi! I have the reolink 4 ch NVR wireless. I love it and have had no trouble at all with the system. I can check it from any phone or computer anywhere. It works great and the night vision is good. The day time pics are 1080p and look like photos. I really want to get more cameras so I would like to get an 8 channel wireless NVR and get rid of the 4 channel. My question: Can I use a different brand NVR/DVR with the Reolink cameras and if so, which ones would be compatible? I am new to security cameras and have not been able to find the information. After reading this thread, it appears as though some of you have mixed brand cameras on one system. Can anyone be of any help to me? I have model
[h=1]RLK4-210WB4[/h]
What did you end up doing? I am looking for a cheap used 4ch Reolink DVR for a neighborhood pilot/eval. If you have one for sale please text me