Reolink decided not to add iFrame interval because it'll cause issues for "some people".

Should Reolink add iFrame Interval to their cameras?

• Yes

Votes: 37 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

TL1096r

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
blue iris cannot adjust frame rates using the fps setting- if it did it would be pointless because it would toss frames and you would get no benefit.. ...you MUST set it in the camera/NVR...in blue iris it is simply a reference that auto adjusts..
Yes, got it done through NVR, picture looks a bit more blurry, still choppy though even at 16fps.

And what setting is the reolink software most likely using that it can produce a clean picture and no lag/choppiness vs bi, I know it is most likely not BI but anytime I change a setting a new result happens so I feel it could be the settings I'm messing with through BI also.

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, got it done through NVR, picture looks a bit more blurry, still choppy though even at 16fps.

And what setting is the reolink software most likely using that it can produce a clean picture and no lag/choppiness vs bi, I know it is most likely not BI but anytime I change a setting a new result happens so I feel it could be the settings I'm messing with through BI also.
its using a different protocol....its own...it is also likely displaying on the substream in matrix mode....

TL1096r

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
its using a different protocol....its own...it is also likely displaying on the substream in matrix mode....
Ok I see, is there anything that can be done with BI, we have seen others speak about being able to use the same camera model as me with BI without issue but I still have the problems no matter what settings being used. And I noticed disk space hits 100% now all the time with the new BI settings I set from that other post, is it outdated or still good to follow:
Optimizing Blue Iris's CPU Usage | IP Cam Talk

We have seen others saying they had no issues running reolink and Bi - anyone who is running both please share your exact settings so I can try to fix this? We feel reolink can work as it does with their software but we hope that we can try to mimic the settings in BI and get it to work. thanks everyone for the help

And for anyone reading: stay away from reolink, I had nothing but issues trying to set this up, go with a better alternative.

Last edited:

tdwilli1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok I see, is there anything that can be done with BI, we have seen others speak about being able to use the same camera model as me with BI without issue but I still have the problems no matter what settings being used. And I noticed disk space hits 100% now all the time with the new BI settings I set from that other post, is it outdated or still good to follow:
Optimizing Blue Iris's CPU Usage | IP Cam Talk

We have seen others saying they had no issues running reolink and Bi - anyone who is running both please share your exact settings so I can try to fix this? We feel reolink can work as it does with their software but we hope that we can try to mimic the settings in BI and get it to work. thanks everyone for the help

And for anyone reading: stay away from reolink, I had nothing but issues trying to set this up, go with a better alternative.
So I have a 411 but no NVR. I think you should try without the NVR if you can. Here is my settings for the 411:

upload_2017-8-15_5-52-15.png

upload_2017-8-15_5-55-50.png

upload_2017-8-15_5-57-38.png

Been running for a year with no smearing or tearing.

Attachments

TL1096r

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks, right now I like the NVR as I am using it for the power so I have no way to use the camera otherwise, I don't have the same settings because I think it is behind the NVR:

TL1096r

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
tdwilli1, how do you like the reolink in general? I have a 411 and 411s with memory card, the one with the memory car focuses really quick - i can zoom in/out in seconds but with the other one it acts idiotic taking minutes to focus even when pointed at the same thing as the other camera, it makes me feel their quality control is not there, having two of the same cameras act so differently is odd.

Also, is your picture quality more clear in BI than reolink software? I have noticed that reolink software does create a lower quality picture so as fenderman said it is probably doing something so it is not choppy while lowering picture quality, in BI the video is very crisp but does lag.

Last edited:

tdwilli1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
tdwilli1, how do you like the reolink in general? I have a 411 and 411s with memory card, the one with the memory car focuses really quick - i can zoom in/out in seconds but with the other one it acts idiotic taking minutes to focus even when pointed at the same thing as the other camera, it makes me feel their quality control is not there, having two of the same cameras act so differently is odd.

Also, is your picture quality more clear in BI than reolink software? I have noticed that reolink software does create a lower quality picture so as fenderman said it is probably doing something so it is not choppy while lowering picture quality, in BI the video is very crisp but does lag.
I haven't really had any problems. But night vision isn't the greatest. So I have replaced a few with Dahua Starlights and am much happier. Picture is the same in BI (recorded). The Reolink SW doesn't render the live view well, but the recordings are just fine from BI. So I only use their SW if I need to update firmware or reboot a camera.

TL1096r

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I haven't really had any problems. But night vision isn't the greatest. So I have replaced a few with Dahua Starlights and am much happier. Picture is the same in BI (recorded). The Reolink SW doesn't render the live view well, but the recordings are just fine from BI. So I only use their SW if I need to update firmware or reboot a camera.
What made you buy reolink? Not knowing any better like myself or a different reason? Honestly the reviews were solid and all websites and youtube videos showed it to be a good purchase.

Yes reolink SW really sucks in the way it is designed, features and video quality. I wish I can get it to work on BI as the video looks great but the lag is getting to me. Do you think the settings I am seeing is due to it being behind the NVR and there is no hope to get it working with BI? Reolink is no help here they simply say it won't work.

tdwilli1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What made you buy reolink? Not knowing any better like myself or a different reason? Honestly the reviews were solid and all websites and youtube videos showed it to be a good purchase.

Yes reolink SW really sucks in the way it is designed, features and video quality. I wish I can get it to work on BI as the video looks great but the lag is getting to me. Do you think the settings I am seeing is due to it being behind the NVR and there is no hope to get it working with BI? Reolink is no help here they simply say it won't work.
Like most everyone else I had a situation in our neighborhood and just jumped right in without doing the research.

Since I don't have the NVR and don't have any issues I would say it's most likely the case. If you are going to get different cameras in the future you might as well replace the NVR with a POE+ switch and just use BI.