Reolink IP Cameras

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by margyjr, Sep 4, 2019.

Share This Page

1. margyjr

margyjr n3wb

Hi, has anyone used Reolink Ip Security Cameras, I was looking at their RLC-410 or RLC-410W, RLC-511W??

2. alastairstevenson

alastairstevenson Staff Member

Try the forum search facility.
    Loads of user experiences posted on this forum :
    Search Results for Query: reolink | IP Cam Talk

looney2ns, TonyR and mat200 like this.
  3. margyjr

margyjr n3wb

aristobrat likes this.
  4. Scott Ritchey

Scott Ritchey n3wb

I have several RLC-420 5M "eyeball" cameras and (with the latest firmware) they perform well in daylight and with the (visible) built-in IR illumination. Low-light performance is not on par with Dahua Starlight models; but I live in a rural area where night lighting never exceeds full moon so low light becomes no light quickly here. I also have 410 W and 411WS Reolink cameras which work OK but I think eyeball or dome cameras make much more sense in most cases

My main issue was NVR compatibility with third-party cameras. I have a Reolink NVR and an Amcrest (relabeled Dahua) NVR. With latest firmware both NVRs work well with mixed cameras. Not so with the PC clients. The Reolink NVR client crashes or crashes the NVR (depending on version) when mixed (Reolinkand Amcrest/Dahua) cameras are used. The Amrest client freezes on replay. The SmartPSS (Dahua) works better but doesn't handle Reolink time correctly on replay and causes the Dahua camera image to freeze when mixed channels are synched. Direct connection to either NVR with a mouse and monitor works fine but remote log-in from a PC (via network) has problems.

So I installed Blue Iris on an unused i7-3770 box I had, BlueIris is truely awesome but complicated (so many options). The only other downside for Blue Iris is the need to run a power-hungry PC 24-7 vs a relatively low-power NVR.

Broachoski likes this.
  5. fenderman

fenderman Staff Member

Modern pcs are very power efficient. 25-40w for the typical blue iris load. Blue iris can be as simple or as complex as you want it to be. No more difficult for basic setup than an nvr.

looney2ns and Broachoski like this.
  6. Steveee

Steveee n3wb

I had a 4k Reolink nvr and 6 x 4k 8mp bullet cams. The daytime picture was good, the nighttime picture was ok ish, but the spiders loved them!
    Motion detection was absolutely terrible, it either picks up everything (shadows from clouds etc) or you reduce sensitivity to reduce false alarms, then you can walk right past and it doesn't notice.
    Sent it back.
    I now have Dahua nvr and cams. There is simply no comparison, significantly better in every aspect.

7. margyjr

margyjr n3wb

Hi Steveee, Thank you for your feedback on Reolink, I will strat looking into Dahua Cameras,