Reolink RLC-410-5MP streams out-of-sync

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Unfortunately price is a serious consideration, especially as we're down South... where the exchange is not in our favour and human life doesn't have much value either and where criminals ain't caught or simply let free.

The purpose is primarily to alert rather than identify. The simple logic of fleeing, arming or assisting rather than identifying the aftermath, which is always the same ...

Motion detection with Deepstack analysis followed by alerting is critical.

I expect the first reply to be: "You can't put a price on life, buy the best". But that is not reality and others would then rather go without. ie. Think of $140USD converted to $2280 and you only earn $10 000.00 per month (120 000/year) of which you need at least 8 cameras to cover all areas. Would that still be affordable...

The quest is therefore for the cheapest POE IP cameras that supports an iframe & fps ratio of 1.0 and will work solidly with BlueIris&Deepstack.
Hi @Peek

In the USA the current 5MP Amcrest turret and bullet models are a lower cost model which follows standards ( they sell for $50-60, however their bodies are not all metal .. )

You can check with Andy here ( Empiretecandy ) and see what he may have available to your country.

In general Hikvision and Dahua OEM cameras meet standards well.

ideally getting larger sensor cameras will serve you better for quality image capture.

Remember to check the DORI section of the cliff notes.

Last edited:

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
What is the point in buying inexpensive cams if they are rubbish? You are simply wasting money in order to satisfy a need to get 5Mp cams.

Why not upgrade a few at a time to help spread the cost but get something decent?

This is what I did, I’ve just replaced 2 of my 2Mp cams with the 4Mp 5442 cams and redeployed the 2Mp cams elsewhere. I’d also love to replace all my cams with something better but I’d not consider replacing any of my cams simply to increase the Mp with crap cams.

Il_Pres

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
There is a beta firmware on the Reolink Reddit Channel that lets you set iframe on the non AI reolink cameras. I've tried it and it works.

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
There is a beta firmware on the Reolink Reddit Channel that lets you set iframe on the non AI reolink cameras. I've tried it and it works.
no it dont.

switch camera to night b/w mode and see iframe rate jumping around.

Il_Pres

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It seems to me that the beta firmware on the RLC-410's is better performing that the regular one. I'll keep testing. Meanwhile, I've asked for updates to the Reolink support.

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
It seems to me that the beta firmware on the RLC-410's is better performing that the regular one. I'll keep testing. Meanwhile, I've asked for updates to the Reolink support.
its nice that you didnt tell if its working at night :puke:

Il_Pres

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
its nice that you didnt tell if its working at night :puke:
I don't see any visible change in the iFrame or Frame Rate from the logs... for sure I get more reliable motion detection, during the night too. Do you have a screenshot of your Camera Streams Log?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I don't see any visible change in the iFrame or Frame Rate from the logs... for sure I get more reliable motion detection, during the night too. Do you have a screenshot of your Camera Streams Log?
Are you using Blue Iris where you can see the KEY to see what is happening to the iframe?

What about posting some night video of motion?

Il_Pres

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Here's a screenshot of the camera logs in the dark (I've set iFrames to 2 sec, 15fps):
Schermata 2021-12-15 alle 17.04.37.png

Portico PTZ is a RLC-423 with a beta firmware. The only one struggling to get reliable 15 fps. Cancello, Lago and Stradello are very far away from the server and I was afraid of not enough bandwidth, so the 0.5 iFrame settings. Terrazza and Cucina are near, so 1.00 iFrame. All the values are very stable.

I'd prefer not to post videos, for privacy.