Reolink Trackmix PoE - Still Problematic?

revbilly

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I like the features and price of this outdoor dome POE cam. The separate telephoto lens sounds like a great idea. It would be nice to have the two lenses appear as two different cams so I could use different PTZ and access settings for each. But I've seen posts from late 2022 complaining about poor integration with Blue Iris, and general implementation issues here, and on other sites. Have those bugs been worked out? Does anyone here have experience with the Trackmix in Blue Iris 5?

Are there other outdoor POE PTZ cams of similar design that I should consider?

ReolinkTrackMixPoE4K.JPG

revbilly

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have 3 of these and with the latest firmware, they work pretty well with BI.
How do you use the two streams? Do they work like two separate cameras? I want to use different settings and permissions for each "lens." Can I do that?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Guess I would like some more information on this. Top review on Amazon bashes compatibility with Blue Iris (June 2023).
The blue iris release notes tell you much of what you need to know. This is true of many reolink cameras regardless of the number of lens. The doorbell does appear to work fine.

5.7.9 - August 8, 2023

A new Reolink camera make/model option for RTSP main stream + FLV sub stream. As we
battle with Reolink firmware reliability, this combination attempts to emulate the way in
which their apps and web services work. These models are notorious for stability problems
when multiple RTSP streams are requested.