bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Should be an option to do so in the NVR Web GUI

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Ya know, I wouldnt.
In theory it will reset them and give them all the new password you give the NVR. No downside if it doesnt work as you'll have to manually hard reset each one in that case.

Once you hard reset the NVR go to 192.168.1.108 and go back through setting its basic info up. Leave everything else alone. Once you give it a new pass, leave IP alone, and REBOOT, it should log the cameras in

glennd

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Did you do a full factory reset? It should ask for a brand new password
Yes did the Full Factory reset.Used Admin when asked for old password.Now using Admin/nvrnvr23 to login to nvr gui. .All old cams are online.New camera not online,but recognized.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
OK go back to your camera reg screen, using the pencil icon popup, give it (The new cam) that password to use, wait and hit the refresh button until it turns green

glennd

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
OK go back to your camera reg screen, using the pencil icon popup, give it (The new cam) that password to use, wait and hit the refresh button until it turns green
To be clear,I went to the web service,clicked the lower half pencil for that cam,put my new password in,pushed connect/ok,pressed refresh numerous times.
Still nothing.Where tha cams image would be on monitor,it reads"10.1.1.65 Can not find the network host"

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
And login name Admin (may be case sensitive)

Still red? Must be broke then.

Might try a last resort of manually physical reset of the cam again, while plugged in, hold reset for 30 seconds

If that doesnt work id ask for a return

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm trying to setup a replacement IPC-HDW5231RP-Z that recently went offline.I order an IPC-T5442-ZE from Andy and not able to connect to the camera."
Why did the old camera fail? are you using the same cabling route as the 5231? have you tried the 5231 on a short patch cable to rule out the cabling being an issue?
I would test both cams on a short patch cable

glennd

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Why did the old camera fail? are you using the same cabling route as the 5231? have you tried the 5231 on a short patch cable to rule out the cabling being an issue?
I would test both cams on a short patch cable
I'm not using my main cabling.Using some shorter patch cables I use to troubleshoot etc.I'll try a different cable.The original camera was sending "10.1.1.65 Can not find the network host",but would usually come back online until one day it didn't .

glennd

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
And login name Admin (may be case sensitive)

Still red? Must be broke then.

Might try a last resort of manually physical reset of the cam again, while plugged in, hold reset for 30 seconds

If that doesnt work id ask for a return
Tried that again,tried a couple more cables.Tried my old camera and it won't even show up in the nvr gui.
I appreciate all the trouble shooting help.Looks like I need to contact Andy.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah, i guess i've been fortunate...i think I've bought about 20 Empiretech/Loryta and been ok so far...
that 10.1.1.65 host error on both cams might be a clue to something....
I hvent followed along totaly on this....and you may have already tried this...Swapping NVR ports with a known working camera? to see if it replicates the same error?
and also powering the cam with a 12VDC wall wart adapter and plugging the rj-45 into either a router or switch port / or NVR port to see if can " seen" on the network?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
The camera is “seen” and acknowledged by the NVR. It simply fails to be able to be logged into as if a password error.

Hooking it to an external switch is worth a try…