Replacement Camera Setup

glennd

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The camera is “seen” and acknowledged by the NVR. It simply fails to be able to be logged into as if a password error.

Hooking it to an external switch is worth a try…
If we see it on the switch will that then prove its the nvr and not the cam?

glennd

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yeah just seeing it isnt the thing. being able to login to it is. The NVR "sees" it
I have my replacement camera.It came a little late today.I'm going to make another attempt in the morning.
Not sure what approach to take,adding it the 1st time.Maybe do a NVR shutdown,Plug it in and restart?
Is there a preferred procedure?I'm rereading the Quick Start Guide.Later

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Across the 7 NVRs I manage, I just plug it into the NVR, wait for it to move to the bottom pane, refresh till green indicator, then use the IE link (use the web GUI this time not the machine interface) to open the camera web GUI and follow the questions. No need to shut down NVR

Dont accept P2P, Dont accept auto updates, it'll bark at you and just say Ok whatever and move along.

Best to use IE or Edge in IE mode, or Pale Moon 32 bit browser

Use a known good cable, known good port

glennd

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Across the 7 NVRs I manage, I just plug it into the NVR, wait for it to move to the bottom pane, refresh till green indicator, then use the IE link (use the web GUI this time not the machine interface) to open the camera web GUI and follow the questions. No need to shut down NVR

Dont accept P2P, Dont accept auto updates, it'll bark at you and just say Ok whatever and move along.

Best to use IE or Edge in IE mode, or Pale Moon 32 bit browser

Use a known good cable, known good port
It's plugged in and showing on the nvr gui,still red.There's no refresh on my nvr gui that I can see.I added a picture since your fw is newer.
It is also showing on the web gui,tried to refresh there also.I must be doing something wrong.The Quick Start Guide says to use the Config Tool.When I do a search on that,it only finds the NVR.https://www.dahuasecurity.com/asset/upload/uploads/cpq/DOR/PUM0004452/Dahua%20Eyeball%20Network%20Camera_Quick%20Start%20Guide_V1.0.3.pdf

Attachments

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
try to stay out of the blue NVR machine gui

use the web gui at 192.168.1.108

can-you use an IE icon (web gui) to open one of the other cameras directly?
Login to one and note the login/pass you use to do that

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
What port in the back of the NVR is the new cam plugged into?

unplug, delete entry, plug into port# 5

as always, don’t Use the “add” or “manual add” buttons. Let it move from to to bottom by itself. Only button you use is refresh.

glennd

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What port in the back of the NVR is the new cam plugged into?

unplug, delete entry, plug into port# 5

as always, don’t Use the “add” or “manual add” buttons. Let it move from to to bottom by itself. Only button you use is refresh.
OK,did that.It left the nvr gui on its own.Deleted it from the web service and hitting refresh .Its on the web gui and nve gui againon port 5