Replacement NVR for lorex lhv10081t

dbeaven

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a lorex lhv10081t NVR system with 8 cameras. I'm pretty sure the system is fried. The fan is frozen up and using a multimeter I can see that I do not get 5V at the fan connector when I power the system up with a power adapter that was checked to output 12.5V.

So...I have a paper weight.

Obviously, the cameras are installed...Lorex 720P MPX.

I'm looking for a good replacement NVR that give me similar features to the Lorex and has remote access. What other brands/models should I be looking at? Is there an open source option or DIY?

Thanks!

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have a lorex lhv10081t NVR system with 8 cameras. I'm pretty sure the system is fried. The fan is frozen up and using a multimeter I can see that I do not get 5V at the fan connector when I power the system up with a power adapter that was checked to output 12.5V.

So...I have a paper weight.

Obviously, the cameras are installed...Lorex 720P MPX.

I'm looking for a good replacement NVR that give me similar features to the Lorex and has remote access. What other brands/models should I be looking at? Is there an open source option or DIY?

Thanks!

Hi dbeaven,

I believe you have a DVR not a NVR ( DVR has bnc connections for coax and analog cameras - see the picture attached to confirm ).
If you want the same, ebay maybe useful. Otherwise you may want to find a newer Dahua OEM DVR.

upload_2018-5-16_0-51-49.png