Replacing Boobie cam lens

amrogers3

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hey guys, I am trying to replace a Boobie Cam (IPC-HDBW5441F-AS-E2) 2.8mm lens to a wider angle lens.

I've tried several but can't get them to work. Every one I have tried has resulted in a blurry image. I tried screwing and unscrewing to various depths and it remains blurry.

Anyone replaced the Boobie Cam or similar camera (wedge) with a wider angle lens that worked?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hey guys, I am trying to replace a Boobie Cam (IPC-HDBW5441F-AS-E2) 2.8mm lens to a wider angle lens.

I've tried several but can't get them to work. Every one I have tried has resulted in a blurry image. I tried screwing and unscrewing to various depths and it remains blurry.

Anyone replaced the Boobie Cam or similar camera (wedge) with a wider angle lens that worked?
Hi @amrogers3

sounds like an interesting idea. Feel free to share any pictures of the project ..

so far I do not recall anyone doing so with the mini-dome wedge or dual camera version ( boobie camera )

amrogers3

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

amrogers3

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
That is interesting. I haven't seen people put wider lens but that shouldn't matter. I definitely tried tightening it and loosening it to adjust focus. Couldn't get this to work. I'll give it a second go.

It looks like there is an IR cut filters on the end. The original doesnt have this:

Bottom of each lens. Original on left, replacement fisheye on right
IMG_5942.JPG

Last edited:

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
i tired, but someone at the dahua factory put too much glue on the lens so i couldn't do it

i then gave up.

but please posts samples if you ever get it swapped out and not blurry.

maybe ill try to give it another go

amrogers3

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
@flynreelow there was so much glue I had to use pliers. It wasn't pretty when I finally got it off but it actually still works!

so dont be too afraid of trying it out. I will definitely post if I can figure out how to get it to focus. I'm all about trying to help others learn from my dumb mistakes.

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
@flynreelow there was so much glue I had to use pliers. It wasn't pretty when I finally got it off but it actually still works!

so dont be too afraid of trying it out. I will definitely post if I can figure out how to get it to focus. I'm all about trying to help others learn from my dumb mistakes.

haha, thanks. i tried for a while, and really thought i was gonna break this cam trying to take it apart. so much glue, and everything i tried didnt work.

as the other link says, make sure you focus it, then put on the lens, and test.

rinse and and repeat.