RESET PASSWORD OF NVR

Reaction score
can you pls help me guys to reset the pasword i forget

Attachments

Reaction score
Either You Can do it by Hard Reset and Soft Reset
Hard Reset: Open your NVR Cover Look for the battery,Remove the battery from the Board and replace after 5Minutes it will reset the password .Try to open with default password 12345 it will work
Soft Reset: Download SADP Tool from Hikvision website.Connect your NVR and Laptop within the same network open SADP Tool from your laptop,it will show the connected NVR Details Copy the Serial Number of the NVR,Save it in a Notepad.
Now go to IP Cam Talk select Hikvision Password Recovery tool. Paste the NVR Serial Number without Model Number Rest of the thing you can watch youtube videos

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Hard Reset: Open your NVR Cover Look for the battery,Remove the battery from the Board and replace after 5Minutes it will reset the password .Try to open with default password 12345 it will work
Out of curiosity as I'd never heard of this I just tried it - on a 7604NI-E1/4P/A
And it does not work as you describe.
Have you tried this yourself, or is it guesswork?

The NVR password, and the rest of the configuration, is held in the flash memory.
As far as I know, the battery simply keeps the RTC (Real Time Clock) going while power is off, as can be seen here after the battery had been removed:
<6>hik_rtc hik_rtc.0: setting system clock to 1970-01-01 00:02:04 UTC (124)

superkp

n3wb
Reaction score
hi yes poe ports and I have older cameras but not hikvision they are qvis
am I looking for the version in the camera info?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
The method on a Hikvision NVR needs Hikvision cameras to work.
From the firmware version it doesn't sound like the QVIS camera is a Hikvision re-brand.