Restricting specific user account access by profile.

Cgy-User

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi

Question:

Is it possible, in BlueIris, to restrict specific user account access by profile rather than by group or schedule? That is, they can only access when a specific profile is active.

Background:

In my setup, I want to have the ability to do the following:

I have a number of users who have access and are limited to just a subset of cameras, outside ones, not inside as inside would violate my privacy. They have access 24/7 to the outside cameras so long as they login and authenticate.

So clearly I have camera groups setup. I currently have at least 6 profiles setup that the cameras use to control recording characteristics. I use geofencing to determine home and away.

- An inactive profile

- an emergency profile (for when the alarm goes off, all cameras record)

- One day profile Home (cameras settings set for daytime. inside cameras don't record)

- One day profile away (cameras set for daytime. inside cameras record)

- One night profile Home (cameras set for night, inside cameras don't record)

- One night Profile away (cameras set for night, inside cameras record)

Using this setup, I want to have the ability to have an account, call it "emergency" that has access to all my cameras so an alarm company/neighbour/friends who are key holders can view what is happening in the event my alarm system goes into alarm state. But not have any view if the alarm system has not gone into alarm state.

I have the ability to create a HTTP site that could be used by BlueIris to check the state of the alarm. That is easy as I have access to my alarm status via TCP and can create an HTTP listener to only publish the state of the alarm panel. Or I could Push the state to blue iris, by say, changing the current profile state. Assuming I can find a way to get alarm info into blue iris. I can't seem to find away to have an account that is only active based on some sort of trigger.

I've tried schedules, I put the "emergency" account with a schedule profile of "emergency" from above,
with BlueIris in another profile. Expecting that the account would not be active as the emergency profile is not active.

What I found was, if I set the schedule to inactive (say for the time that I'm logging in), sure, you can't access the account, if I set the schedule to any other profile for that account, the account is accessible, even if that profile is not currently active.

What I had planned to do was just force a change of profile from another host, via HTTP, when my alarm panel goes into alarm state. But since it would appear using a profile with a user only allows you to setup times of the day when the user has access, instead of profile state of blue iris, I can't seem to do that....

Any suggestions? Something I'm missing? Thanks In advance.

-C

DLONG2

Known around here
Reaction score
Wonder if there's a way that a clone of an indoor camera, assigned to an 'emergency group', could be made active and viewable only during an alarm condition.

Last edited:

Dasstrum

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This is a "scheduled access" built into the user accounts using profiles however it is unfinished. The ONLY profile it distinguishes between (to block or allow access) is the "inactive" profile. It doesn't matter (at this time) what profile is drawn on calendar; the user still has access. I would email the developer. It would be ideal to have a seperate profile setup, call this your emergency profile, and it drawn on the map 24/7. Then only allow access to login to this username when that profile, the emergency profile, is activated.

The only way I can think to get what you are looking for is clone each camera you want access in an emergency situation... assign those cloned cameras to be only active during the "emergency profile" then put them all in a "emergency camera group"

THEN, go and create a username that only has access to that camera group. People will be able to login to that username but not see any cameras unless you go and change the profile to the "emergency profile" thus activating the cameras.

Kind of a pita workaround but it will work

Cgy-User

n3wb
Reaction score
This is a "scheduled access" built into the user accounts using profiles however it is unfinished. The ONLY profile it distinguishes between (to block or allow access) is the "inactive" profile. It doesn't matter (at this time) what profile is drawn on calendar; the user still has access. I would email the developer. It would be ideal to have a seperate profile setup, call this your emergency profile, and it drawn on the map 24/7. Then only allow access to login to this username when that profile, the emergency profile, is activated.

The only way I can think to get what you are looking for is clone each camera you want access in an emergency situation... assign those cloned cameras to be only active during the "emergency profile" then put them all in a "emergency camera group"

THEN, go and create a username that only has access to that camera group. People will be able to login to that username but not see any cameras unless you go and change the profile to the "emergency profile" thus activating the cameras.

Kind of a pita workaround but it will work
Thanks, this worked perfectly.... Thanks again.