Review-Dahua DB-11 Video Door Bell

luisrodz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Would be suitable for your situation as well, you have ~20% (of the view field) on the right side which you could move to the left.
Understand. However, I would get a lot of false alarms due to moving of bushes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

giomania

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I didn’t find a solution on accessing the config for ports etc. Dahua closed my ticket after 5 days w\o answering.....

I build a “wedge” using a angle aluminum (just bend to the degree you need), that had 2 benefits; have space for the cable and the perfect angle for the cam. See below, before and after:
Very Nice!

Do you have any pics / sources / info on the aluminum you used?

Any updates on the condensation issues you experienced after installation?

Thanks.

Mark

supre

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Very Nice!

Do you have any pics / sources / info on the aluminum you used?

Any updates on the condensation issues you experienced after installation?

Thanks.

Mark

Condensation didn’t show up again so far. But let’s see when we get our 30-40 degree change during the day.

The Aluminum I bought at Lowe’s (you get them as 3ft pieces also, i just needed more for other projects)

Attachments

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
Condensation didn’t show up again so far. But let’s see when we get our 30-40 degree change during the day.

The Aluminum I bought at Lowe’s (you get them as 3ft pieces also, i just needed more for other projects)
That's what I love about this place.. you guys are always thinking!!

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
That's what I love about this place.. you guys are always thinking!!
Got the db11 today.. I can not get the db to be added as a device on the android imou app. Somehow I got ot connected to router and able to set up in bi. When trying to add device to imou app it keeps timing out.. anyone have a clue? I need to get into app to turn on manual chime

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
I just finished installing my Dahua DB11 at my front door. I just want to share my experience.
I purchased this DB11 from an ebay seller in China. Placed ordered on November 27 and delivered on Dec 4 to my address in California.
I knew I needed a mount to angle my DB11, so I picked this one from Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FS8S142/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_rRbdCbP0QGAVN . This mount comes with a face that is designed for the Ring Pro, and the DB11 dimensions are close enough to make it work.
In the last couple of days, I did a few temporary installations without the mount so I can get the app working and to come up with a plan to wire the DB11 up. Everything we pretty smoothly during these temporary installation. Here are some observations:
- The app works fine. I'm using the imou iPhone app version 3.55.000 and it has worked reliably.
- I have to use the included ChimeKit for my chime. The wiring instructions provided in the Quick Start Guide for the ChimeKit is accurate but not great. If you are having problems with the ChimeKit wiring instructions, my advice is to look at the drawing as instructions for logically connecting the ChimeKit, and not as a physical connection diagram. You don't need to disconnect the wires from your existing chime .... you leave your chime wiring as-is, and you just add the ChimeKit in parallel. Hopefully that helps someone.
- I could not get the Micro SD Card working. I tried 3 different Micro SD Cards: a couple of 64GB and a 32GB card and none of these were detected by the DB11. If anyone can shed some light here on how to get the SD Card to be detected, I would really appreciate it!

Today, I spent maybe about 30 minutes to complete the install. It required some drilling into the stucco and some drilling into the mounting angle (because the pre-drilled holes were meant for the Ring Pro), but other than that all the tools required were included with the DB11 and the mounting angle.
View attachment 36088 View attachment 36089
I keep getting this when trying to add the device via the imou app.. keeps timing out.. I'm connected on Blue Iris.

Attachments

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I've seen this numerous times, it's infuriating.
Make sure that your phone, the DB11 are both within 5-6ft of your wireless router.
Make sure your phone connects to the DB11's hotspot when it should.
Mine phone didn't always do that, and at times I had to change my phone wifi over to the DB11 manually.
Make sure you don't have the DB11 blocked from the internet.
Unless they've changed firmware, you should be able to see and change some of the settings in DB11 with VDPConfigtool.

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
I've seen this numerous times, it's infuriating.
Make sure that your phone, the DB11 are both within 5-6ft of your wireless router.
Make sure your phone connects to the DB11's hotspot when it should.
Mine phone didn't always do that, and at times I had to change my phone wifi over to the DB11 manually.
Make sure you don't have the DB11 blocked from the internet.
Unless they've changed firmware, you should be able to see and change some of the settings in DB11 with VDPConfigtool.
I literally have db11 sitting on the router. I am able to get into db11 with configtool.. the problem is I cant switch the chime there. That's all I need the imou app for..

Db11 has access to internet

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Also, if you have anything else wireless connected to the router, shut it down, until you get the P2p going.

It's still an aggravating product in the end.

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
Also, if you have anything else wireless connected to the router, shut it down, until you get the P2p going.

Yea nothing is working.. anyone have a version of lechange apk? Maybe I could try it

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score

Is anyone else having issues connecting db to imou app?

supre

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The iOS is crap as well but it’s working at least. I think i had some issues pairing at the beginning. There is bug with refreshing the WiFi list when you want to change the WiFi the doorbell is connected to.

I assume you tried a hard reset already with the button on the back (also restart phone and WiFi router). I think there was somewhere an error in process of pairing which didn’t get proper handling by the app. Since the DB11 is connected to your WiFi you must have been through a few steps in the pairing already. No chance to ask someone with an iPhone to help you out?

supre

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
And by the way, you want to change the chime or activate it ??
If changing the type of chime, forget it lol, there are 3 options in the app and all kinda do the same and ring 10times. That’s something they have to fix. It’s kinda annoying.

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
And by the way, you want to change the chime or activate it ??
If changing the type of chime, forget it lol, there are 3 options in the app and all kinda do the same and ring 10times. That’s something they have to fix. It’s kinda annoying.
Active it.. can you post a pic of you kit wiring.. maybe I'm wired wrong

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
Active it.. can you post a pic of you kit wiring.. maybe I'm wired wrong
The problem is adding device to imou app.. times out everytime.. I see the doorbell connected to router tho

supre

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The problem is adding device to imou app.. times out everytime.. I see the doorbell connected to router tho
You can see in one earlier post from me. But unfortunately yes you do have to have the app to activate it. It’s off by default (who ever did that was not thinking). In the app you have to choose 3rd party chime (and then at the bottom there is an option to enable mechanical/digital chime).

Attachments

supre

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You can see in one earlier post from me. But unfortunately yes you do have to have the app to activate it. It’s off by default (who ever did that was not thinking). In the app you have to choose 3rd party chime (and then at the bottom there is an option to enable mechanical/digital chime).
Start over again. Reset the DB11 with the reset button, delete the app (not sure if all config files automatically are delete on Android). Then install and don’t do anything with BI until you have the app running.

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
Start over again. Reset the DB11 with the reset button, delete the app (not sure if all config files automatically are delete on Android). Then install and don’t do anything with BI until you have the app running.
I've reset db numerous times and tried 3 different phones with imou. All timeout when trying to add a device to it.. the weird thing is that the db light is solid blue and it is connected to the router. Just wont link with imou cloud

supre

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I've reset db numerous times and tried 3 different phones with imou. All timeout when trying to add a device to it.. the weird thing is that the db light is solid blue and it is connected to the router. Just wont link with imou cloud
Then maybe their cloud service is down?

I tried to find an API for the DB11 but no luck otherwise you could use curl and send key/value for the chime settings.

murphys_law

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Anxiously waiting for word on stock and more users. This would be great for my setup instead of some other video doorbell that’s limited for streaming or cloud only.