Review-Dahua DB-11 Video Door Bell

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
It will help me to eventually change the annoying 10 times chime (if that’s not hard coded in the FW) and it eventually will be useful for the BI team.
The chime isn't bad in my opinion..

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
I see the volume from the mic issue continues.
I thought mic was decent, I'm 10ft away from db and can clearly hear me. Most people who are visiting would be within 5 ft ..

Now gonna build a wooden junction box out of some vintage barn wood I have laying around to hide wires.. Also got a angle mount from amazon that I will modify.

Adjustable Angle Wall mount for Ring 1, 2, and Nest Wi-Fi Enabled Video Doorbell, 30-55 Degree Adjustable Corner Kit Angle Adapter (Doorbell NOT Included) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FS8S142/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_biOiCb21V6E7R

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

jesd03

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
how does this compare to ring and nest door bells?

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
how does this compare to ring and nest door bells?
Ive never used a ring or nest.. All I know is its dahua, I can use it with blue iris and the door chime works so that's a deal maker for me..

Last edited:

jesd03

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
hello, can this record continuously to my Dahua NVR if i wanted?

Is there any door bell which would do this?

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score

I got the oldskool VTO2000A (cfr [Review] VTO2000A & VTH1550CH & VTNS1060A Intercom Kit), you can add this VTO to the NVR as a new channel (off course it "consumes" one channel license). It can only record 24/7 as these doorbells do not have IVS and other fancy features.

Hope this helps!
CC

Gadget -X

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have decided to try one of the Db11s. I was wondering if the "Chimekit" is included with the package. I ordered from Andy. I have an electronic door chime that my wife loves so it is not an option to not use it. Thanks !!

M

Attachments

giomania

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have decided to try one of the Db11s. I was wondering if the "Chimekit" is included with the package. I ordered from Andy. I have an electronic door chime that my wife loves so it is not an option to not use it. Thanks !!

M
So they are back in stock now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Matt2017

n3wb
Reaction score

I the NVR and the DB-11, I can get it to record continuously, I have not been able to get it to record motion detected yet.

spankdog

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just received my DB-11 today. What username/password is used for blue iris to connect. Read through this whole thread and didn’t see anything unless I missed it. Thanks

spankdog

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well crap now I feel stupid. I must be fat fingering something. I’ll give it another shot when I get back home.
Thanks

spankdog

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok so when I set up the app I had to create an account using my email address and then I added the device to the app. The QR code method did not work because my device has a different serial number than the box. No big deal I manually entered the serial number and got it added. I was never prompted to creat a username in the app but I do recall creating a password for the device. Going back in the app now I see a username that was something like E02362 and i tried using that and my password but no luck. I am assuming that this is the username and password that I should be using in BI? Did you just enter the IP/username and pw and hit find/inspect?

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
Ok so when I set up the app I had to create an account using my email address and then I added the device to the app. The QR code method did not work because my device has a different serial number than the box. No big deal I manually entered the serial number and got it added. I was never prompted to creat a username in the app but I do recall creating a password for the device. Going back in the app now I see a username that was something like E02362 and i tried using that and my password but no luck. I am assuming that this is the username and password that I should be using in BI? Did you just enter the IP/username and pw and hit find/inspect?
just speaking off of memory from reading... is there a sticker on the remote that has the credentials? either user or pass, or somthing else?