Review-Dahua DB-11 Video Door Bell

weba

n3wb
Reaction score
I am very excited about the Dahua DB11. What i don't understand is how the chime works. When the doorbell is pushed (and i am at home), a wireless signal goes to the chime? Is the chime, battery operated? And is it possible to connect the Dahua DB11 to Domoticz? I have 4 wireless chimes in my home (works on 433Mhz) and want to use them when the Dahua doorbell is pushed.

Can somebody please explain how this works?

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
I am very excited about the Dahua DB11. What i don't understand is how the chime works. When the doorbell is pushed (and i am at home), a wireless signal goes to the chime? Is the chime, battery operated? And is it possible to connect the Dahua DB11 to Domoticz? I have 4 wireless chimes in my home (works on 433Mhz) and want to use them when the Dahua doorbell is pushed.

These only work with mechanical chimes (the one that makes the ding noise) There is no wireless signal sent. The button is pressed, and those 2 wires connected to the db run to ur exisiting mechanical ding chime hooked up to the doorbell kit chime (see picture in first post or instructions)

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

See pages 3,4 & 5 in the manual linked in the first post.
Depending on how it is wired, it can work with a mechanical chime or an electronic chime.
Or Dahua has a chime that works wireless with the DB11. See here:DS11 It plugs into a normal electric outlet.

@EMPIRETECANDY is the DS11 available yet? Price?

nbstl68

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Could I connect BI at my house to record audio\video from this doorbell camera located at another, (parent's) house to monitor and have BI alert me to activity at their door?

nosnim

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have two of these DB-11's recently acquired from Andy. Running the newest firmware update. None of them recognize the two new 64GB Pro Endurance microSDXC cards purchased directly from NewEgg. The cards do work fine on other devices. Tested in NTFS and exFAT formatting, but both unrecognized.

Have the 32GB versions on the way now, will try those and see if they work in the DB-11's.

Also, Dahua just rebranded again, from Lechange to imou.

weba

n3wb
Reaction score
These only work with mechanical chimes (the one that makes the ding noise) There is no wireless signal sent. The button is pressed, and those 2 wires connected to the db run to ur exisiting mechanical ding chime hooked up to the doorbell kit chime (see picture in first post or instructions)
Thanks for the feedback!

weba

n3wb
Reaction score
I have received the Dahua DB11 and DS11. It took some time to setup the whole thing but it works ok! Both BD11 and DS11 are connected. There was a firmware update (old: 1.000.0000.0.R.20171205, new 1.000.0000001.0.R.180919) for the DB11 (so i updated the system (Imou app). What i can't figure out is how i can receive a signal to my domotica system "domoticz" that the doorbell button is pushed. I want to use this signal to activate my wireless doorbells working on 433Mhz which are connected to my domotica system. There is an IFTTT option in de Imou app but i don't known how it works.

Kuijpers

n3wb
Reaction score
I use 24 V , 8VA , works fine.
Didn't read anything further about the delay between ring at the bell and launching the app if app is open 6 sec. But if the app is on the background the door-app conversation is not launched. I use motorola G5plus with android 7.0

nosnim

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have two of these DB-11's recently acquired from Andy. Running the newest firmware update. None of them recognize the two new 64GB Pro Endurance microSDXC cards purchased directly from NewEgg. The cards do work fine on other devices. Tested in NTFS and exFAT formatting, but both unrecognized.

Have the 32GB versions on the way now, will try those and see if they work in the DB-11's.

Also, Dahua just rebranded again, from Lechange to imou.

UPDATE: Just received my 32GB Pro Endurance microSDXC cards this morning. Popped them in straight from packaging and they were recognized instantly, formatted in the imou app quickly, and they read/write in the DB-11's perfectly so far.

I guess the 64GB cards will just have to wait to go in whenever Dahua issues a fix via firmware update.

Last edited:

weba

n3wb
Reaction score
I use 24 V , 8VA , works fine.
Didn't read anything further about the delay between ring at the bell and launching the app if app is open 6 sec. But if the app is on the background the door-app conversation is not launched. I use motorola G5plus with android 7.0
I have the same issue. When doorbell is pressed, Imou does not launche. I use Oneplus 3T Android 8.0.

Just send an email to Imou to report this issue.

Last edited:

got3n

n3wb
Reaction score
How will it compare to Dahua VTO3211D-P2? What would be a better option?

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
So what's the verdict on this doorbell cam? Go or no go?
last time i talked with loony, he said it was pretty good, and ready for prime time. Think hes going to use it as his daily driver doorbell.

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Close to making the purchase from Andy. Anyone have this installed and working with Blue Iris successfully? Also, is there an iPhone app that works with it?