Review-Dahua DB-11 Video Door Bell

Killerjay

n3wb
Reaction score
does this use onvif? id like to know if it would work on my hikvision 7608

Morrow

n3wb
Reaction score
Just got mine hooked up today and working. When the doorbell is pressed it chimes inside 10 times. Awesome with a dog...I can't seem to find a setting, I'd love to get down to a single chime like a normal bell. Link Chime>Ring Setup only seems to change the type of ring alert I get on my phone. (A,B,C also not very descriptive).

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Just got mine hooked up today and working. When the doorbell is pressed it chimes inside 10 times. Awesome with a dog...I can't seem to find a setting, I'd love to get down to a single chime like a normal bell. Link Chime>Ring Setup only seems to change the type of ring alert I get on my phone. (A,B,C also not very descriptive).
What chime are you using? Original door bell?

stizzymack

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Just got mine today. I hope to have it installed this weekend to begin testing. I hope it works well with my setup.

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
Just got mine today. I hope to have it installed this weekend to begin testing. I hope it works well with my setup.
please keep us posted. I have been doin alot of ring doorbell cameras for clients, because thats what they want. Im just not a huge fan of the quality and cloud fee.

supre

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Got mine today and installed. Everything works via the App. Also I was able to get the mechanical chime to work. When you open the mech chime, there are 2 wires connected. On each of those contacts you add one each of the chimekit. Without the chime kit hooked up the mechanical chime made a constant humming noise and wasn’t working with the DB11. After you have the wiring done you HAVE to activate mechanical / electrical chime in the App or nothing will chime in the house. Go to chime settings and click the + .. then at the very bottom is add 3rd party chime (??) and then you see the option to switch on the chime in the house ...... after that’s done you can set 3 different types for your in-house chime.

Pictures here:

To BlueIris App (iOS) and mic .. when I speak using the app and mic button I can hear myself on the computer but not on the door bell. So my voice is send to the computer but not to the doorbell. Anyone any idea what the correct configuration in BI is?

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
Got mine today and installed. Everything works via the App. Also I was able to get out mechanical chime to work. When open the chime, there 2 wires connected. On each of those contacts you add one each of the chimekit. Without the chime kit hooked up the mechanical chime made a constant humming noise and wasn’t working with the DB11. add 3rd party chime (??) and then you see the option to switch on the chime in the house ...... after that’s done you can set 3 different types for your in-house chime.

Pictures here:

To BlueIris App (iOS) and mic .. when I speak using the app and mic button I can hear myself on the computer but not on the door bell. So my voice is send to the computer but not to the doorbell. Anyone any idea what the correct configuration in BI is?
great info. Would love some install pictures, and some sample video...