Review-Dahua DB-11 Video Door Bell

Galaxy Explorer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Within a couple of days of releasing the last version, I new firmware build (v3.0.R.20200810) has appeared within the Imou app. Changelog reports WDR feature, image adjustment through NVR and bug fixes. Unfortunately the automatic upgrade through the Imou app was a bit hit and miss, after serveral attempts it finally went through. I have found the new (v3) firmware is much more realiable for NVR / direct connections.

tempFileForShare_20200814-111350.jpg

Last edited:

Gadget -X

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hmm. I updated using app. Weird thing is that I am at R.20200525.

Also did you notice that in app when it says the latest version it leaves the 2 out of R.20200525 saying R.2000525?

M

PS - Just noticed my app update to V1.000.R.20200525. No V3... shows up in app. My config tool is on the MacOS and does not access the DB for some reason.

Last edited:

Gadget -X

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Where did you find v3.0.R.20200810? Search the web and found nothing.

Thank you

M

Gadget -X

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks. Are there different versions of the doorbell? My door bell has 20200525 firmware wonder if I can even install 20200310 now?

M

Galaxy Explorer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Are there different versions of the doorbell?
Unsure. My DB11 was purchased in the UK using so called PAL firmware but I've since upgraded to North American firmware without issue. I'd suggest waiting a couple of days to see whether it appears rather than rolling back to an old version.

oapgt

n3wb
Reaction score
I had to go into the app and search for new firmware. The app notified me to go from the 20191202 to the 20200310. Then I saw the reply here, went and specifically looked for a new version and it popped up. There wasn’t a 20200525 step for me. I bought my doorbell from Andy directly.

Gadget -X

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I did I will let you know what he says if he answers my email.

M

CastleSurveillance

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Bought one of these to test and put it on my house.

this thing is terrible. It doesn’t save a single event. Don’t worry - it alerts me. But when I go to watch the video - nothing saves.

additionally, no matter how I go about wiring it to my mechanical doorbell - it does not work. So now I’m out a doorbell, and my video doorbell saves nothing.

anybody got ideas?

Galaxy Explorer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
All features work as expected. I'd check all the basic configuration settings in the Imou app. Have you inserted an SD card? Can it be formatted and read through the app? I am not using a mechanical doorbell however plenty of people do without issue. Visit the Dahua DB11 Wiki page which provides further information.

Last edited:

Gadget -X

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
interestingly since I upgraded firmware my doorbell goes offline a bunch now even thou the video is still live with no interruptions...

M

khuchumy

n3wb
Reaction score
As I expect from DB11 of Dahua. It's a great product and I recommend it strongly:
1. Sound is very clear to talk and listen: good intercom. Speaker is louder than Yosee.
2. Wifi signal strength is good and stable.
3. Image stream smoothly.
4. Color is acceptable.
5. It can add into NVR Dahua without any problem. (useful to record 24/7).
6. Can integrated with doorbell 16VAC and also chime wireless DS11 of Imou (Dahua).
Not yet compare image and sound with HIKVISION DS-HD1

Attachments

Ragtim

n3wb
Reaction score
Any one gotten this to work with multiple mechanical chimes? If I leave the chimekit off the first chime in the series hums constantly. If I put the chimekit on and set the chime option to mechanical in Imou app, the first chime works perfectly, but he next two won't fire.

khuchumy

n3wb
Reaction score
Any one gotten this to work with multiple mechanical chimes? If I leave the chimekit off the first chime in the series hums constantly. If I put the chimekit on and set the chime option to mechanical in Imou app, the first chime works perfectly, but he next two won't fire.
I think that can't. If you want a second chime, so please buy dahua (IMOU) DS11. This chime is wifi

Papiuk

n3wb
Reaction score
Is there a way of enabling HTTP Port 80 on the DB11 ? By looking at previous comments it seems that it was enabled at some point.
I am currently on firmware version V1.000.12JW001.0.R2020310 (from Dahua website)

Last night I upgraded to the latest as suggested by the Imou app: 1.000.10BE000.0.R.200909. Mic was not working so I reverted back.

Gadget -X

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I was unsuccessful. Will follow others other’s comments

m

Reaction score
Within a couple of days of releasing the last version, I new firmware build (v3.0.R.20200810) has appeared within the Imou app. Changelog reports WDR feature, image adjustment through NVR and bug fixes. Unfortunately the automatic upgrade through the Imou app was a bit hit and miss, after serveral attempts it finally went through. I have found the new (v3) firmware is much more realiable for NVR / direct connections.

View attachment 68633
Wold be interresting touse WDR and other image adjustments as stated in V3.000.R.200810. Have anyone found a place to do this?