Review-Dahua IPC-HDBW4231F-E2-M Dual Starlight Cam

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Could this camera be used as a 180deg with same fov for each side? And does it come with the same focal length for both cameras? And did I explain myself
Look through this thread, your questions have been addressed before.

DLONG2

Known around here
Reaction score
Am considering one of these dual cameras for an outside corner, to cover both the back and side yards. It would be placed under the eaves, and I am thinking of using the PFA151 corner bracket to mount it on the wall's corner. My concern is whether mounting with the corner bracket will allow for viewing both walls, along with the yards. I've read this thread but can't confirm how the FOV will work with a corner bracket, estimating that there would be 45 degrees from each wall to the base of the camera. Can the lenses look 'down' below the base line of the camera?

Attachments

Mr_D

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Am considering one of these dual cameras for an outside corner, to cover both the back and side yards. It would be placed under the eaves, and I am thinking of using the PFA151 corner bracket to mount it on the wall's corner. My concern is whether mounting with the corner bracket will allow for viewing both walls, along with the yards. I've read this thread but can't confirm how the FOV will work with a corner bracket, estimating that there would be 45 degrees from each wall to the base of the camera. Can the lenses look 'down' below the base line of the camera?
I think you'll have better coverage with the domes aimed toward the ground. The 2.8mm lenses have a 110 degree horizontal angle of view. You're trying to cover 270 degrees so even without overlap, you're still 50 degrees short.

The link below shows my installation, but I only needed 180 degree coverage.

Cam #5 and #6 are up (includes dual starlight)

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
No, only if you mount the camera horizontally will that work.
So in your case, you'd have to use the PFA151 and the PFB203W | Dahua Technology
If you can, it's easiest if you just mount it to the bottom of your soffit and use corridor mode.

wackystuff

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
anyone use this with a hikvision nvr? if so, were you able to get dual views?

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Could this camera be used as a 180deg with same fov for each side? And does it come with the same focal length for both cameras? And did I explain myself
If you orient the camera(s) so they are stacked vertically in a line, then yes, you can aim both lenses in the same 180 degree angle--that'll achieve the same FOV. You'd have to ask Andy if you could order a setup with one 2.8mm lens and the other lens 3.6mm.

martin.b07

n3wb
Reaction score
I have to cover our yard on a corner where I need 270°. I use a IPC-HDBW5231E-ZE to cover one patio door and a big sandbox (was a favourite cat litter for neighbors cats bevor we covered it with a net) and a IPC-HDBW4231F-E2-M/M12 for the rest of the yard and our main patio (13mx6m) with another three doors.
I'll use the wall mount PFB203.

bickford

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
it is an excellent camera but it should preferably be used vertically, horizontally we can have problems of blur as I found, this is due to the curve of the dome which generates a blur on the left side of the lens.
2.8mm lens on the left and 12mm lens on the right.

upload_2018-11-13_10-58-25.png

here you can see the little problem when mounting horizontally : PIC_1542103177_201_2018-11-13-10h59m12s,346615.jpg

the sound of this cam is pretty impressive , mic very sensible :)

BICK

martin.b07

n3wb
Reaction score
I need the junction box, because I'll drill a hole through my wall. Then I have no space for the connector.
Do I have the same problem with the IPC-HDBW5231E-ZE, or can I use the PFB203?

bickford

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I need the junction box, because I'll drill a hole through my wall. Then I have no space for the connector.
Do I have the same problem with the IPC-HDBW5231E-ZE, or can I use the PFB203?
PFB203 is 120mm large too small for your IPC-HDBW5231E-ZE which is 159.1mm wide
You need this for wall mounting :

upload_2018-11-13_14-17-23.png

BICK

bickford

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Very strange , tonight during 2Hours my dual cam was disconnected from my NVR ... POE problem ? i have nothing in the log file ...

I have disconnected it from the switch and reconected and now its ok ...
strange ...
BICK

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Very strange , tonight during 2Hours my dual cam was disconnected from my NVR ... POE problem ? i have nothing in the log file ...

I have disconnected it from the switch and reconected and now its ok ...
strange ...
BICK
This usually points to a cable problem. Did you make your own cable? Are you positive you used Solid Copper wire, and not Copper Clad Aluminum?
Test it with a know good short cable.

bickford

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
This usually points to a cable problem. Did you make your own cable? Are you positive you used Solid Copper wire, and not Copper Clad Aluminum?
Yes i do my own cable but before this dual cam an other cam was mounted without problem during 1 year ...for wire i use CAT 5E i havent others informations about this cable :/

Thanks
BICK

bickford

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have found datasheet for the cable :

upload_2018-11-13_23-50-58.png

BICK

Parity

n3wb
Reaction score
Can you record channel 2 with the SD card? Whatever setting I try I can only ever successfully record from Channel 1, I can even set up channel 2 to detect and record from channel 1 but not vice versa and nor can I record from both.

Reaction score
It records both channels to the SD card as I accidentally unplugged my Dahua NVR and when it was restarted, both channels were copied across from the SD card, so I suspect it’s more how you extract the data from the SD card than what is being recorded.