Review-Dahua IPC-HDBW4231F-E2-M Dual Starlight Cam

woolfman72

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just got mine and am pre-staging it. Problem I'm seeing is that while logged in directly to the cam, I'm on the Live tab...and cam only seem to get 1 camera showing video at a time. They both seem to work - I just can only see one at a time. Is this expected?

EDIT: Just got the camera(s) configured in BI. Looking good. Just need to get it mounted now.
not sure why that is for you. i did no configurations and got both. Just got it yesterday and put it up about an hour ago

Attachments

ck42

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
not sure why that is for you. i did no configurations and got both. Just got it yesterday and put it up about an hour ago
Yep, that's the screen. Weird. Important thing though is that it all seems to be working correctly in BI.

Haas-Cam

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hoping you all can help me out. I got this cam the other day from Andy and I cannot get both channels to show up on Smart PSS. I do not have a NVR I am using Smart PSS on a Windows machine (V2.02). If I can't get both cams to show up in Smart PSS so I can view it and record it then it will not work for me. It does show up just fine through the web browser and the phone app IDMSS.
On a side note if anyone has any tips or tricks on the issue in the thread below that would be great as it also applies to me.
Smart PSS PC-NVR Help

Thank you in advance!

woolfman72

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
anyone else notice that this camera has alot higher data transfer/storage than other cameras? i have them all set 15fps h265 and my other starlight cameras for example 17hr period anywhere between 3 to 5 gigs .. these are 15gigs.

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I don't have mine to test yet. I have one inbound from my supplier.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
anyone else notice that this camera has alot higher data transfer/storage than other cameras? i have them all set 15fps h265 and my other starlight cameras for example 17hr period anywhere between 3 to 5 gigs .. these are 15gigs.
If it is set to vbr it would vary by scene

pens1566

n3wb
Reaction score
Yep, Spec Sheet linked in first post shows a PFA137.
I realize the spec sheet says PFA137. The sheet for my 5231 ze says PFA137 as well, and it mounts to the PFA130 fine. I just want to know if the same is true for this cam as well.

nymphaeles

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I realize the spec sheet says PFA137. The sheet for my 5231 ze says PFA137 as well, and it mounts to the PFA130 fine. I just want to know if the same is true for this cam as well.
@pens1566
I have tried it both on PFA203W & PFA137. It works fine with both. I currently have it mount on a PFA 203. If you scroll back to page 3 on this thread, you should see some pictures and diagrams on how this cam is mounted on a PFA203. The PFA137 is the ceiling mount version for the same camera.

Mr_D

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I don't think it will mount properly to a PFA130. I have a single-lens mini-wedge and the cable exits the back near the edge. The PFA130 has the grommet in the middle of the lid. I'm not sure it could make it to the hole while still mounting flush. The open-faced junction box is fine because the camera's lid covers the edge where they meet.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Hoping you all can help me out. I got this cam the other day from Andy and I cannot get both channels to show up on Smart PSS. I do not have a NVR I am using Smart PSS on a Windows machine (V2.02). If I can't get both cams to show up in Smart PSS so I can view it and record it then it will not work for me. It does show up just fine through the web browser and the phone app IDMSS.
On a side note if anyone has any tips or tricks on the issue in the thread below that would be great as it also applies to me.
Smart PSS PC-NVR Help

Thank you in advance!
@looney2ns Hey buddy, do you have any idea for this?

ey33

n3wb
Reaction score
@Haas-Cam

Go to : Live View
On the left pane, double click the "Default Group" drop down menu tab.
Camera # 2 will show up.

However, if you have other camera in that group, the results might not be what you expect.
If you have other cameras listed in the default group, they will show up at least twice.
Then you have to go back and close the extra.

Hope this helps.

Haas-Cam

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Not for me. Remember this is Windows based Smart PSS not an NVR. See image

Attachments

elitef

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Any ideas how I'd be able to mount this on a corner of a house in order to get the view of the backyard as well as the side yard?
I have a soffit on the backyard roof, but no soffit on the side of the house, so my assumption is that it would not capture the entire side of the house, maybe a small portion because it would essentially be hung on the backyard roof soffit.

Any ideas?