Review-Dahua IPC-HDBW4231F-E2-M Dual Starlight Cam

ingenium

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, IVS can only be set on channel 1, and Backlight Setting is only available for channel 1 as well. See my post #85 in this thread. I have asked @EMPIRETECANDY for a more recent update of the firmware to see if they have any fixes for these problems.
Hmm. I see that he posted a new firmware in October, and that's the version that my cameras are using. I can switch IVS to either Channel 1 or Channel 2, but not both. Maybe there is a newer firmware out now? @EMPIRETECANDY said that they tend to release them every 3-4 months.

Jimbo7

n3wb
Reaction score
Hmm. I see that he posted a new firmware in October, and that's the version that my cameras are using. I can switch IVS to either Channel 1 or Channel 2, but not both. Maybe there is a newer firmware out now? @EMPIRETECANDY said that they tend to release them every 3-4 months.
That's odd. I've managed to create tripwires on both cameras. I don't have it fully working yet though, as I'm having issues getting the SD card to show up (looks like I've managed to bend a couple of pins on the card socket :facepalm: ).

That's my only gripe with this camera model - those "sim card" like micro SD sockets are a pain if the camera is installed in a "ceiling" orientation.

J

Dahuacamcctv

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Setup IVS on the individual cameras, not the NVR.

ingenium

n3wb
Reaction score
Setup IVS on the individual cameras, not the NVR.
This is on the individual camera. I'm referring to this screen. You can only select one of the two cameras to enable Smart Plan, and IVS only works on the camera with Smart Plan enabled. Changing to the other channel / camera disables it on the unselected one.

Screenshot 2019-03-13 at 11.18.12 AM.png

Jimbo7

n3wb
Reaction score
Do you hit save before changing to the other channel? (Not sure it's actually required - will experiment when I get a chance)

ingenium

n3wb
Reaction score
Do you hit save before changing to the other channel? (Not sure it's actually required - will experiment when I get a chance)
Yes, I hit save. After doing that, in the live view you can see that the IVS overlays for the unselected camera are gone, and IVS stops triggering for it. IVS only works on the selected camera/channel.

I'm not sure if this is a hardware limitation, or just a bug in the UI. Hopefully it's just a bug.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Jimbo7

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, I hit save. After doing that, in the live view you can see that the IVS overlays for the unselected camera are gone, and IVS stops triggering for it. IVS only works on the selected camera/channel.
I'm not sure if this is a hardware limitation, or just a bug in the UI. Hopefully it's just a bug.
Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Which firmware version do you have, and what did you use to edit the IVS settings?

(Mine have 2.622.0000000.31.R, and I used IE on a Windows 10 VM)

It let me add tripwires to both cameras.

ingenium

n3wb
Reaction score
Which firmware version do you have, and what did you use to edit the IVS settings?

(Mine have 2.622.0000000.31.R, and I used IE on a Windows 10 VM)

It let me add tripwires to both cameras.

2.622.0000000.31.R using IE on a Windows 10 VM as well. I can add tripwire or intrusions to both for IVS, and they both show up in the settings. However only one is active at a time. Only the camera that is selected in Smart Plan shows the overlay in Live View, and that's the only camera that actually gets IVS triggers. The other does not. See these screenshots.
Screenshot from 2019-03-13 14-17-11.png

Screenshot from 2019-03-13 14-17-28.png

Screenshot from 2019-03-13 14-17-55.png

nymphaeles

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
2.622.0000000.31.R using IE on a Windows 10 VM as well. I can add tripwire or intrusions to both for IVS, and they both show up in the settings. However only one is active at a time. Only the camera that is selected in Smart Plan shows the overlay in Live View, and that's the only camera that actually gets IVS triggers. The other does not. See these screenshots.
View attachment 40345

View attachment 40346

View attachment 40347
Yup, I have reported this problem in post #118 last year. You can set the IVS rules but they don't work. I have also asked @EMPIRETECANDY to report this issue to Dahua so that they work on a fix. It seems like @EMPIRETECANDY just responded with a "no new firmware" to one of my posts.

ingenium

n3wb
Reaction score
Yup, I have reported this problem in post #118 last year. You can set the IVS rules but they don't work. I have also asked @EMPIRETECANDY to report this issue to Dahua so that they work on a fix. It seems like @EMPIRETECANDY just responded with a "no new firmware" to one of my posts.
Interestingly, it seems that Snapshots for the IVS trigger occur. I disabled Snapshots for motion detection on both cameras, and set my IVS rules to take snapshots. The "disabled" camera correctly captures Snapshots when people or cars enter the IVS zone. It just won't record video.

element

n3wb
Reaction score

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

element

n3wb
Reaction score
No
http://192.168.1.xxx/onvifsnapshot/media_service/snapshot?channel=3&subtype=0?
everything after
http://192.168.1.xxx/onvifsnapshot/...
works with channel 1, I've tried up to channel 8, even
http://192.168.1.xxx/onvifsnapshot/trallala
and
http://192.168.1.xxx/onvifsnapshot/
work with channel 1
http://192.168.1.xxx/onvifsnapshot
without "/"
doesn't work at all

rtsp stream in vlc work perfect
channel1
rtsp://192.168.1.xxx/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0&unicast=true&proto=Onvif
channel2
rtsp://192.168.1.xxxx/cam/realmonitor?channel=2&subtype=0&unicast=true&proto=Onvif

Last edited:

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
interesting. does channel 1 have the IVS SmartPlan enabled?

per above "You can only select one of the two cameras to enable Smart Plan, and IVS only works on the camera with Smart Plan enabled."

May be completely unrelated, but wondering if some of the other features (like snapshots) are also tied to that?

can you see if the behavior changes with SmartPlan enabled for channel 2?

Reaction score
Can someone post the available options for each stream? Can I set the main stream to 1080p/15fps/h264 and the substream to 720p/5fps/mjpeg for each camera?

ingenium

n3wb
Reaction score
Can someone post the available options for each stream? Can I set the main stream to 1080p/15fps/h264 and the substream to 720p/5fps/mjpeg for each camera?
1st stream can be any fps <= 25, h265 or h264, and 1080p (1920x1080)/ 1.3M (1280x960) / 720p (1280x720).

Substream can be any fps <= 25, h265/h264/mjpeg, and d1 (704 x 576) / cif (352 x 288).

element

n3wb
Reaction score
interesting. does channel 1 have the IVS SmartPlan enabled?

per above "You can only select one of the two cameras to enable Smart Plan, and IVS only works on the camera with Smart Plan enabled."

May be completely unrelated, but wondering if some of the other features (like snapshots) are also tied to that?

can you see if the behavior changes with SmartPlan enabled for channel 2?
I've tried face detection and IVS seperatly for both channels, the onvif snapshot is still channel 1