Review-Dahua IPC-HDBW4231F-E2-M Dual Starlight Cam

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
this works for me as well:
boobie-cam-camno.PNG
but ONLY if I have the {CAMNO} macro in the URL. wittaj's config per screenshot above no workie for me. YMMV...

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I like the idea of a critter cam, something mounted down low I would assume..... Where do you mount your critter cams? Recommended cams or use whatever is not critically in use elsewhere?
For our critters, it's a PTZ mounted on the peak of the roof of our sunroom on the back of the house.

Attachments

Reaction score
Hi
just installed the IPC-HDBW4231F-E2-M cam, seems to be working OK but i am unable to view and record both Channels on SmartPSS (able to view and record just 1 channel out of the 2)
i saw it's a recurring topic, is there a way to overcome this ?
thanks !!

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi
just installed the IPC-HDBW4231F-E2-M cam, seems to be working OK but i am unable to view and record both Channels on SmartPSS (able to view and record just 1 channel out of the 2)
thanks !!
tmk, recording works on both channels, but IVS will only work on one. its been awhile, correct me if Im wrong.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi
thanks !!
Read the first few pages of this thread, I show how this is accomplished.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes, you need to reach out to @EMPIRETECANDY directly either by DM here or purchase on his Amazon or AliExpress sites.

glura

n3wb
Reaction score
Has anyone installed this with a junction box? I purchased 3 of the cameras to mount under soffit via the Empire Tech amazon store, which showed the P130 junction box frequently purchased with the, so bought 3 of those as well.
But, after receiving them and viewing them together, they aren't compatible. The camera's cables run out the side and that junction box has a cover. And without the cover, the holes of the box don't match up with the camera. So, there doesn't appear to be a way to use the P130 junction box with this camera.
What do you use so the camera's cable is not exposed outside a junction box?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I believe it would count as two licenses since it says per channel and this is a two channel camera. In an NVR, it counts as two cameras.

Reaction score
I have had this camera running for some time now. And now everday I loose connection and have to power down and re-power the cameras.
Anyone else have this issue?

Are there logs I can check to see what the problem is?

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
replace a cable to try, and make some hard reset on the reset button, what is the currently firmware you are using?

Reaction score
It ran fine for months. Replacing a cable is not that easy. I guess I can pull the camera and set it up in my office.

• Version

Device Type IPC-HDBW4231F-E2-M

Software Version 2.622.0000000.32.R, Build Date: 2019-08-27

WEB Version V3.2.1.780670

ONVIF Version 16.12(V2.4.3.574996)

S/N 5GB7E7C20DF2711