Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Subbed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Well, it does "pan" and "tilt" with your hand moving it. Which is what that's showing - the range of adjustment. Yes, confusing that it's under the PTZ heading.

Reaction score
Is there a Dahau camera that would fit my needs? I would like starlight, varifocal and PTZ.

Last time I was on a ladder I fell resulting in no bueno. My wife won’t let me on another.

fastsvo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
^^^^^^
THIS
As I said in my last post, "...DNR as low as you can stand it" I run mine at about 30-50

@fastsvo post an image. You have to start with how much ambient light you have. Its all about light. Are you running B&W with IR or forced color?

Auto exposure wont get it at night unless you have a metric shit ton of white light. (Like daytime)

I prefer CBR and I see a difference in video image quality between 4096 and 8192, especially video at night using forced color mode.

I had a few minutes tonight to play with the settings. Left the encoding and main stream settings as before but switched a couple of items as suggested. It seems better but I have yet to test it against a moving object.

upload_2019-6-19_23-34-12.pngupload_2019-6-19_23-35-22.pngupload_2019-6-19_23-36-23.png

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Looks like you're weak on white light past 10-15 ft. so kinda depends on where you want to capture. It takes a BUNCH of white light to run forced color at night with no motion blur. Hard to say without motion/video.

Careful with WDR, you may be ok at 15 but it does cause motion blur in low light. It can make the image appear prettier,.... until you have motion.

Getting a pretty still picture at night is easy. Getting good ID on a face moving is hard. Walk around in the area tonight and post a video of it.

dragan11

n3wb
Reaction score
Looks like you're weak on white light past 10-15 ft. so kinda depends on where you want to capture. It takes a BUNCH of white light to run forced color at night with no motion blur. Hard to say without motion/video.

Careful with WDR, you may be ok at 15 but it does cause motion blur in low light. It can make the image appear prettier,.... until you have motion.

Getting a pretty still picture at night is easy. Getting good ID on a face moving is hard. Walk around in the area tonight and post a video of it.
From personal experience, a lot of properly positioned white light. I added two of these above front garage and still struggled getting a decent moving target video/snapshot. Lights are very bright so i initially turned them towards the ground as much as possible while still having enough spillage over the cars, to avoid too much light pollution into neighbors yard. I believe there was too much light reflecting off of the ground and the white car so it was very difficult to camera to deal with the scene.

My solution, after trying many different settings and even moving camera to a different physical location 1. point light source much higher at the roof line of the cars 2. Create mini light reflectors to prevent light pollution onto street and into neighbors yard 3. Add a bit of HLC, in my case 4 makes a tremendous difference in how bright white car impacts the night scene while having very little if not no impact to motion blur.

YMMV

Also, the light pattern your light is projecting is probably not ideal for video capture either.

Chase

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I’ve had this model installed and running fine for 2 months maybe but this week I noticed something weird. During the day the picture is washed out but not completely white. During night time when IR comes on the picture fades to black as the natural light decreases. IR lights on camera remain lit, red. The cycle repeats as morning returns.

I waited a few days to see if the problem would fix itself but it didn’t. So I decided to restart the camera by unplugging the camera from the switch. When I plug the camera back in, nothing happens. No picture. Just black.

The cameras spot on the screen says it can’t connect to the host, being the nvr.

What should I do to get my camera working again?

cyberwolf_uk

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I’ve had this model installed and running fine for 2 months maybe but this week I noticed something weird. During the day the picture is washed out but not completely white. During night time when IR comes on the picture fades to black as the natural light decreases. IR lights on camera remain lit, red. The cycle repeats as morning returns.

I waited a few days to see if the problem would fix itself but it didn’t. So I decided to restart the camera by unplugging the camera from the switch. When I plug the camera back in, nothing happens. No picture. Just black.

The cameras spot on the screen says it can’t connect to the host, being the nvr.

What should I do to get my camera working again?
Strange.... Have you attempted a full factory reset? If you open the camera up there should be a reset button in there. If not there should be two solder pads you need to short out as the physical reset switch is missing. If you search the forum you should find the exact pads. I believe you need to hold the button in / short pads for 30 secs whilst powering on the camera

Chase

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have not done a factory reset yet. I was hoping I could avoid having to open up the camera if possible.

If I have to do the reset does anyone know for sure if there is a reset button?

Can I simply plug the camera into the switch and then hold the reset button?

l4cky

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
IPC-HDBW2231R-ZS is the exact same version of it but with a dome for outside against vandalism and waterproof?

shaklee3

n3wb
Reaction score
I got the weatherproof mount here:

https://www.amazon.com/EmpireTech-PFA130-Water-proof-Junction-Bracket/dp/B07DVX8QMJ/ref=pd_aw_fbt_421_img_2/147-8594446-2789659?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B07DVX8QMJ&pd_rd_r=428f6c63-ab56-44e5-817f-f6a55142ee12&pd_rd_w=dA6hz&pd_rd_wg=kcBlR&pf_rd_p=3ecc74bd-d08f-44bd-96f3-d0c2b89f563a&pf_rd_r=V7CXCTWSBHX7RY79F08D&psc=1&refRID=V7CXCTWSBHX7RY79F08D

But it seems I don't really need that. I'm planning on putting it under an eave of the house. Does this part add an value above just the mount plus weatherproof connection that comes with the camera?

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It allows a much smaller hole to be drilled in the soffit to pass through the un-terminated ethernet cable from the attic.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
And if you need it, it lowers the camera away from the soffit a bit more. Sometimes that helps with keeping IR from reflecting.

shaklee3

n3wb
Reaction score

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score