REVIEW- Dahua SD1A404XB-GNR 4MP AI mini PTZ

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Good light places in the night use 4mp, poor light places use 2mp.
MINI PTZ 2MP
SD22204UE-GN No IR, but can work bit well at low light places.
SD1A203T-GN
SD29204UE-GN

4MP
SD1A404XB-GNR
SD22404T-GN

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I've never used a PTZ Dahua before. Is it typical to be able to set locations (like location 1, location 2, etc) on the camera and via some API (raspberry pi, etc) command the camera to go to those locations? So you can write your own script to have the camera go to and stop at various pan/tilt coordinates throughout the day?
I believe so but I’m not smart enough to know how to do that specifically, the camera itself can tour preset locations, be called by other cameras on the system to go to and zoom at designated locations, or using onboard IVS go to others within its FOV

buchse

n3wb
Reaction score
hi,

will this camera work without plugins?

i'm searching for a device with ptz & wifi and without plugins for chrome and firefox.

Thx & stay healthy

Matrix1

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Good afternoon, has anyone had any success activating the "Smart Motion Detection " feature on the SD1A404XB-GNR 4M 4x Starlight IR PTZ AI Network Camera ?

PtolemyIV

n3wb
Reaction score
yes and yes
I tried mounting vertically as you did with cable coming out at a tight angle so the centralised image looks normal/up right. The issue is then as soon as I pan left or right rather than actually doing what you expect the motor inevitably rotates at an angle.. Is there any resolution for this since otherwise seems a pretty big flaw with any vertical mount?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I tried mounting vertically as you did with cable coming out at a tight angle so the centralised image looks normal/up right. The issue is then as soon as I pan left or right rather than actually doing what you expect the motor inevitably rotates at an angle.. Is there any resolution for this since otherwise seems a pretty big flaw with any vertical mount?
Designed to be mounted only under a horizontal surface.

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
I have it leveled. As best as I can, it has a bit of a dome top this Amazon mount. If I point it to the left, the same thing shows. Tilted to the left.

Matrix1

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
, I was looking to mount this under an eave/soffit of a home. Any suggestions for the flat mount plate of this IPC?

JimandYen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just ordered one from EmpireTecAndy yesterday. Check with him.

brendanc

n3wb
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what the default ip address is for this SD1A404XB-GNR ip??
The paperwork shipped with the camera is a joke. The website it refers you to is also a joke... literally!

Reaction score
Ok bought this from amazon (Empiretech) and it worked fine at initial setup (plugged straight into TP-Link PoE switch). Initial install was easy (BI). After that however, it won't power up again with just PoE. Seller suggested testing with 12v 2a plug, and yes, that works. Removing the 12v after successful power-on works too and it can sustain itself on PoE just fine. But it won't start up with PoE alone for some reason (actually, sometimes it does, after 10-20 minutes). Tried upgrading to PoE+ switch (even though the specs for cam don't require that), and same result. Neither cat5 or cat6 make a difference.

I don't have much experience with this brand (mostly have Hikvisions), but I really like it so far (from when I got it working). Seller also suggested using Dahua-branded NVR to connect... surely that's not necessary..?

Edit: found a 12v extension cable and "jump started" the camera.

Last edited:

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Ok bought this from amazon (Empiretech) and it worked fine at initial setup (plugged straight into TP-Link PoE switch). Initial install was easy (BI). After that however, it won't power up again with just PoE. Seller suggested testing with 12v 2a plug, and yes, that works. Removing the 12v after successful power-on works too and it can sustain itself on PoE just fine. But it won't start up with PoE alone for some reason (actually, sometimes it does, after 10-20 minutes). Tried upgrading to PoE+ switch (even though the specs for cam don't require that), and same result. Neither cat5 or cat6 make a difference.

I don't have much experience with this brand (mostly have Hikvisions), but I really like it so far (from when I got it working). Seller also suggested using Dahua-branded NVR to connect... surely that's not necessary..?

Edit: found a 12v extension cable and "jump started" the camera.
Instances like this usually point to a cable issue.
If you made the cable, did you use Pure Solid copper cable that was either 24awg or 23awg?
Did you follow the 568b wiring standard?
You may need to replace the male RJ45's on the cable.
Do NOT plug into POE and 12vdc power supply at the same time.