Review - Dahua SD49225XA-HNR 2MP 25x Starlight + IR PTZ AI Camera with Deep IVS & SMD Plus

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
@WildBillKelso, Andy (@EMPIRETECANDY) sells this one if you are looking for basic POE switch for around $80

Should you need managed switches then let me know and can give some reco’s there as well.

HTH

Thank You. Can you recommend a basic POE 4/8 port POE switch to use that I can get thru Andy on Amazon?

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Mael

n3wb
Reaction score
I just picked one of these up from Andy's Amazon store and it came with the auto tracking feature. I've just started playing with the feature so it too early to comment if it has the issue of loosing it's position. So far I have an intrusion rule setup with only human's as the effective object and it seems to do a good job tracking.

@Wildcat_1 - How did you get your PTZ camera to respond to motion in a spotter camera? I have all Dahua camera's, but don't use a Dahua DVR. Is it possible to do without a Dahau DVR, and if so how?

th182

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Mine just arrived today and it is AWESOME! What Blue Iris PTZ setting are folks using? Find/inspect set me up with ONVIF (OXML) which works for basic PTZ functions, but does not control IR, which I like to have the ability to do. I tried all the Dahua options and only V4 worked, but again didn't have IR control. Or maybe I have to change a setting within the camera before BI can control it? Any suggestions welcomed!

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
@Mael you need to pass your cam streams through an NVR platform to control PTZ activation. That can be something like BI or a standalone NVR but needed for the activation feature.

Also definitely set a Preset #1 to True Home (0.0 45.0) as I mentioned above. That way if you do see any FW related 3D Pos. Issues then this will help and can be called manually or through your etc.Again you may never need it but at least you have it.

I just picked one of these up from Andy's Amazon store and it came with the auto tracking feature. I've just started playing with the feature so it too early to comment if it has the issue of loosing it's position. So far I have an intrusion rule setup with only human's as the effective object and it seems to do a good job tracking.

@Wildcat_1 - How did you get your PTZ camera to respond to motion in a spotter camera? I have all Dahua camera's, but don't use a Dahua DVR. Is it possible to do without a Dahau DVR, and if so how?

Mael

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply. I use Milestone xProtect, so I'll dig around there for how to do this. I have preset #1 set to my home position, but I'm not sure what you mean by True Home (0.0 45.0)

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
I call it that as it’s the true home position for the PTZ. You heard it here first, Wildcat trademark ;)

Thanks for the quick reply. I use Milestone xProtect, so I'll dig around there for how to do this. I have preset #1 set to my home position, but I'm not sure what you mean by True Home (0.0 45.0)

th182

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score

If you enable the coordinates to be displayed on screen (in the camera web settings). You can see the degree of camera rotation and the degree of tilt on screen. Home should be rotation of 0.0 degrees and a tilt of 45.0 degrees. I’m guessing this is the point where a sensor inside the camera housing corrects itself for any drift.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mael

n3wb
Reaction score
So the Preset #1 I'm using as the home position isn't really the home position?

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
3D positioning of the FW always takes place as calculated from 0.0 and 45.0 hence having this as a preset on any PTZ is always good to have so if you want to check true camera tracking (as in moving around it’s axis not to be confused with auto tracking) having a preset always set to this is a good practice in my experience. Also means you don’t have to rely on PTZ restart.

HTH

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
If you created it at 0.0 and 45.0 then yes it is. Worst case you can always send it to those coordinates and save it that way

So the Preset #1 I'm using as the home position isn't really the home position?

Mael

n3wb
Reaction score
I read through the thread and I'm not clear on how using the true home as preset 1 helps.

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
You most probably won’t even need it but IF you see the potential FW issue of a preset slip this will help which is why I suggested you create it just in case then can calm it in a tour or manually should you need it. Calling it re-orients the cam 3D pos. in FW, again though only IF you see a preset slip.

So don’t worry about it, enjoy the cam and if you need any help, just reach out :)

I read through the thread and I'm not clear on how using the true home as preset 1 helps.

Mael

n3wb
Reaction score
While I don't have it true home programmed as a preset in the camera, milestone will call 0.0 when I hit the home button on their PTZ controller so i should be good. Thanks for the help.

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
I use to set Preset1 looking in front of my house and set the PTZ to return to Preset1. I found most days I would need to do a PTZ RESET as it would not go back to Preset1 but go to 0.0 and 45.0 where the factory default is when you restart the ptz from the menu. but this means I would have to restart the PTZ around 3-4 times a day. Mine also had a more serious problem where I could hear just before it Lost Preset1 it would make a horrible groaning noise as if the PTZ motor had slipped on its cogs or belt.

I have all video's and sound of it doing this.

As for every other feature of the camera I can say was very impressive especially the Auto tracking which was really a massive improvement over my 5 series. I would also say the focus was much better not only during the day where you have good light but at night time again very impressive.

I am now looking to buy a 5 series SD5A425XA-HNR which is very new and Non of my suppliers have stock even the biggest Dahua Supplier in the UK.

I don't mind waiting though as the spec on the SD5A425XA-HNR looks really promising and it offers Starlight+ .

Last edited:

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for yours sharing, Your cam already returned to our NL client and refund you the money last week, my client is an installer for 10years and testing all good, this is the 2nd PTZ you returned to us, last time is SD59225U-HNI,guys can go there to search his posting, actually that camera also worked well, right now still install somewhere in Holland Both 2 cams returned around 10 days after you received. Maybe you need a perfect camera that still can't find in the market. @Wildcat_1 costs hours to help you make configuation and do setting. From his experience, your camera also no problem.
From the talking with @wildcate_1 and @GuitarKin (Dahua installer too), the PTZ firmware still need some update, I will follow up after Chinese new year. Actually the camera still be a very good cam. @mech camera we also tested, also under control and it's not hardware problem too, i will talk with him for the details.
Lastly, the PTZ camera is a BIT comprehensive system, need bit more setting , researching and trying, even me still can't do well for lots of things. So have to be careful before buying. It never can be A pluged and played without good researching camera. When you buy the professional cams that means it never been plug and play. Plug and play ones, just buy those wifi cams on amazon. But Cheap and Easy=Poor system+Waste of money.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
By the way , i still have 1 camera of this model with Autotracking SD49225XA-HNR, returned by RJ45 burned, 90% new and already fixed up, anyone want it, just contact me via email, will sell a good price. :headbang:

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks for yours sharing, Your cam already returned to our NL client and refund you the money last week, my client is an installer for 10years and testing all good, this is the 2nd PTZ you returned to us, last time is SD59225U-HNI,guys can go there to search his posting, actually that camera also worked well, right now still install somewhere in Holland Both 2 cams returned around 10 days after you received. Maybe you need a perfect camera that still can't find in the market. @Wildcat_1 costs hours to help you make configuation and do setting. From his experience, your camera also no problem.
From the talking with @wildcate_1 and @GuitarKin (Dahua installer too), the PTZ firmware still need some update, I will follow up after Chinese new year. Actually the camera still be a very good cam. @mech camera we also tested, also under control and it's not hardware problem too, i will talk with him for the details.
Lastly, the PTZ camera is a BIT comprehensive system, need bit more setting , researching and trying, even me still can't do well for lots of things. So have to be careful before buying. It never can be A pluged and played without good researching camera. When you buy the professional cams that means it never been plug and play. Plug and play ones, just buy those wifi cams on amazon. But Cheap and Easy=Poor system+Waste of money.

Not sure what you are trying to achieve here by slagging me off on a public forum but Poor performance from a so called respected member if you have a problem with me then PM me as this thread is not about me and what I have done in the past or future.

It was years ago I sent you the SD59225U-HNI back so why again fetch this up on this thread then I had to badger you for the refund for a week, and Yes I received a refund for this camera ThankYou very much appreciated even though I had to remind you again.

You state your client has it installed and all working Ok then maybe he can not hear the grinding noise which I sent to you Including screenshots of when it lost presets.

Why bring another member into this thread ( Sorry Wildcat ) but I must reply to Andy spitting his dummy out, Wildcat stated when I sent him the Audio clip it did not sound right and for you to say he said that their was nothing wrong with it is a little puzzling.

I have all my chat logs from you and Wildcat and many times I replied to wildcat when I heard the horrible grinding noise and the slip issue hence why I sent you the audio file even though it was much lower from inside my living room you could still hear it and as wildcat stated it was like a mechanical groan and something he wouldn't associate with a PTZ.

I will post pictures/video's and the sound the camera was making and doing and let the members make their own decision if it looked and sounded faulty.
What I will say Andy if you want to try and ridicule me better to pm me rather than post on an open public forum as everything I have said and done is the truth and what I was personally experiencing from this camera.

Again if you have a problem with me please use PM.

All the best and have a good Chinese Holiday.