Review - Dahua SD49225XA-HNR 2MP 25x Starlight + IR PTZ AI Camera with Deep IVS & SMD Plus

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Better News!!

Anyone who wants the new autotracking firmware I can share when available so don't worry you don't have to be a client I'm not here to make money I like to share.
The file is not allowed to share public, we send the file to those guys who bought from us, new orders will come with the autotracking. I don't sell firmware, you are so incrediable rude.

feivel2211

n3wb
Reaction score
Good news!
The Autotracking will be back to work soon on the new firmware, we are testing on it. but for this special flrmware, we will send to our clients only, So will not share here anymore. I will post further news when we finish the testing, thanks!
Exciting news, thank you! Please keep us updated.

th182

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Good news!
The Autotracking will be back to work soon on the new firmware, we are testing on it. but for this special flrmware, we will send to our clients only, So will not share here anymore. I will post further news when we finish the testing, thanks!
This is exciting!!! I hope it resolves all the issues I've been having with mine!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
I hope it doesn't start issues on mine. You think I should update? Autotracking works fine on mine :p

This is exciting!!! I hope it resolves all the issues I've been having with mine!

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
I hope it doesn't start issues on mine. You think I should update? Autotracking works fine on mine :p
If your camera autotracking works, then no need update. Let's wait @Wildcat_1 to make a full testing. I will send the guide to those whose cam not have autotracking functions to contact me for the autotracking version FW.

th182

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I'd stick with the if it ain't broke philosophy :) Not sure why mine has been such a headache as it sounds like I'm the only one that's had problems to this extent. We've been trying different prior firmware versions and its not helping. Auto-track detects things and tracks them; It just doesn't return back to its original position after it's done tracking, although it thinks it did, just kind of gets "stuck" along the way back. It rarely makes it to a preset call, it stops somewhere on its way to a preset but thinks it made it, so any subsequent preset calls are off by however many degrees there are from where it stopped and where the preset actually is in the physical world. I'm really hopeful that this is truly a firmware issue and that the next release fixes it!!

th182

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
If your camera autotracking works, then no need update. Let's wait @Wildcat_1 to make a full testing. I will send the guide to those whose cam not have autotracking functions to contact me for the autotracking version FW.
Thank you Andy! I appreciate the work you and @Wildcat_1 do with Dahua to get firmware improvements!

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
I'd stick with the if it ain't broke philosophy :) Not sure why mine has been such a headache as it sounds like I'm the only one that's had problems to this extent. We've been trying different prior firmware versions and its not helping. Auto-track detects things and tracks them; It just doesn't return back to its original position after it's done tracking, although it thinks it did, just kind of gets "stuck" along the way back. It rarely makes it to a preset call, it stops somewhere on its way to a preset but thinks it made it, so any subsequent preset calls are off by however many degrees there are from where it stopped and where the preset actually is in the physical world. I'm really hopeful that this is truly a firmware issue and that the next release fixes it!!
This firmware only for the autotracking function adding, for the bugs fixing firmware i think still have to wait some weeks. The PTZ you are using with dahua NVR or BI?

th182

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
This firmware only for the autotracking function adding, for the bugs fixing firmware i think still have to wait some weeks. The PTZ you are using with dahua NVR or BI?
I am a BI user but do not have the camera connected to it as we wanted to rule that out as the problem. I have the PTZ recording to the SD card and accessing it through the Web UI to control it and see how it performs.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
I am a BI user but do not have the camera connected to it as we wanted to rule that out as the problem. I have the PTZ recording to the SD card and accessing it through the Web UI to control it and see how it performs.
Maybe i get you a cheap nvr to try? lol, i have some return ones. :D

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
@EMPIRETECANDY / All

I've started to test this new version, no new issues seen so far BUT a factory reset is definitely needed (I know not everyone does this, but you should ;)) due to the fact I saw some functions show an error without it. Quick note I always test with and without reset to ensure any issues that are seen can be shared here, resolved with reset and or reported if they persist. To answer the question above RE: bug fixes, nothing in this FW version to address that as Andy stated above. Dahua are still working on the code issues reported and I would expect those to be a separate fix in future FW that will be provided to Andy once ready. I'll continue to test this new FW to make sure no other issues seen and will install on a couple of other 49225s. I know Andy mentioned above that anyone that purchased from him can reach out for a discussion directly on the new FW.

HTH

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
I updated my review on Amazon to reflect the return of the autotracking feature. This model needs to be promoted :) Its a lot of bang for the buck. Andy thought I was smoking something when I told this became one of my favorite models released by Dahua thus far :p @EMPIRETECANDY

@EMPIRETECANDY / All

I've started to test this new version, no new issues seen so far BUT a factory reset is definitely needed (I know not everyone does this, but you should ;)) due to the fact I saw some functions show an error without it. Quick note I always test with and without reset to ensure any issues that are seen can be shared here, resolved with reset and or reported if they persist. To answer the question above RE: bug fixes, nothing in this FW version to address that as Andy stated above. Dahua are still working on the code issues reported and I would expect those to be a separate fix in future FW that will be provided to Andy once ready. I'll continue to test this new FW to make sure no other issues seen and will install on a couple of other 49225s. I know Andy mentioned above that anyone that purchased from him can reach out for a discussion directly on the new FW.

HTH

Last edited:

Jessie.slimer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I updated my review on Amazon. This model needs to be promoted :) Its a lot of bang for the buck. Andy thought I was smoking something when I told this became one of my favorite models released by Dahua thus far :p @EMPIRETECANDY
I was waiting for a 1/1.8 sensor version of this to come out, but maybe I'll get one of these.

th182

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I'm excited for the next firmware release where the preset fix is going to happen. I think my camera just has a super exaggerated issue. I have faith in Andy and Dahua to get it fixed!