Review - Dahua SD49225XA-HNR 2MP 25x Starlight + IR PTZ AI Camera with Deep IVS & SMD Plus

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
I only use BI5 so sorry can't help you there.

TJIP

n3wb
Reaction score
For some reason I'm having difficulty exporting clips from the SmartPSS video. I check the timeline for the approx 50-60 sec clip from the video, but the export tries to export the entire video for the day, not just the clip time. I click the scissors at the start and at the end and it looks like it's correct (shows 59 seconds, etc), but the actual export is over 2.5 Gb and not the clip. It may take some time to figure out my mistake but I will post some examples when I get it working.
Are there any other differences between the XA and the XB that you can tell, besides the 4MP? Trying to decide between the two right now and order one. Thank you!

flint350

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well, I've mostly solved my video clip editing issue, but w/ a workaround and not directly in PSS - still working on that. I have 3 clips showing the range of tracking situations (in my location) and will post them tomorrow. I remain quite pleased with the outcome and the clips demonstrate different object sizes and tracking around and past obstacles, including one large bush that I was sure would stump the camera, but....??? Tomorrow.

As for differences btwn the XA/XB I can only say that I'm content with the night performance of the XB (4MP) that I bought. The supposed knock on it was that 4MP is less capable in low light/night. So far, that has not been an issue for me and I do like the higher res images in daytime of 2560 X 1440p. Based on my limited experience so far, I would say it depends on whether you find the night images sufficient (I do) and whether the increased resolution in daytime is of value (for me, yes). Wildcat has written extensively (post 641 especially) on the 2MP vs 4MP capabilities vs sensor size and night ability - I'd strongly suggest you read that before making any decision.

flint350

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I got the 2 daylight vids up, so I'll post those now. The night vid will be tomorrow. I was especially interested in how the cam followed the bike and the truck when approaching and passing a very large bush. These are down rez'd to 1080p from 1440p.

TJIP

n3wb
Reaction score
I got the 2 daylight vids up, so I'll post those now. The night vid will be tomorrow. I was especially interested in how the cam followed the bike and the truck when approaching and passing a very large bush. These are down rez'd to 1080p from 1440p.

Thank you for your response above. FYI...your video clips are private.

flint350

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thank you for your response above. FYI...your video clips are private.
Oops...sorry about that, fixed. Thanks

Here's the night video, but reviewing it, I realized I hadn't dialed in the exposure/noise settings as much as I had t thought. The tracking was what I was looking for. I have since changed the noise/exposure/ir settings and the image should improve in the future.

djborden

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is there a way to get the cam to zoom a bit more aggressively, or is that just built into the AI? My DVR is Blue Iris 5.

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
Mine is now set to Tracking Size 45 and If I put that to Max 100 it would zoom in closer quicker but usually ends up loosing the tracking object as it goes out the FOV quickly.

cd36

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I can't remember where I have my tracking size setup right now, but I believe it is somewhere around 40-50 as well. Above 50 I found it zoomed in to much. Vehicles it wasn't as bad, but on humans in would zoom in to far and you'd just get a good shot of their chest.

I'm thinking for fast moving objects it zooms in slower than for slow moving objects. It is kind of finicky, as it will zoom in better on the slow moving objects, but when they stop moving it is very quick to lose tracking and go back to the preset location. It would be nice if it had a time delay option, so that after it loses tracking it takes X seconds to come back home, or it shouldn't be so quick to dump the auto tracking when movement stops. They could just stop moving for a second, camera pans back to its home position, and then never picks them up again.

djborden

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is that a setting you can tweak on this camera if not using a Dahua DVR? I was not able to find that.

TJIP

n3wb
Reaction score
Sorry could be a rookie question, but does this thing have audio (XA model)? All the videos posted are silent. Thanks everyone!

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Is that a setting you can tweak on this camera if not using a Dahua DVR? I was not able to find that.
Most all settings are best setup in the camera directly.

Sorry could be a rookie question, but does this thing have audio (XA model)? All the videos posted are silent. Thanks everyone!
Yes, info is in the spec sheet in the first post. You would need to add a microphone.

Big67

n3wb
Reaction score
Oops...sorry about that, fixed. Thanks

Here's the night video, but reviewing it, I realized I hadn't dialed in the exposure/noise settings as much as I had t thought. The tracking was what I was looking for. I have since changed the noise/exposure/ir settings and the image should improve in the future.

Would you be willing to share those setting? Noob here trying to get a baseline for my 4mp ptz.
Thanks!

TJIP

n3wb
Reaction score
Can anyone put up a picture of this mounted to their home? I know there are a few, but they are very close up, so I can't get scale. I'm trying to figure out the most unobtrusive area to place it on my home. Thank you in advance!!!

nhs128

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
For anyone that owns this cam, would it be possible when you have free time to post images of objects at each of the DORI Distances? I believe 25x will be sufficient for me, but I would like to actually see what this looks like. Much appreciated!