Review - Dahua SD49225XA-HNR 2MP 25x Starlight + IR PTZ AI Camera with Deep IVS & SMD Plus

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
As mentioned in this thread, you generally go back to your dealer. For example if you purchased from Andy (@EMPIRETECANDY) you would reach out to him, if you purchased from someone else then reach out directly there.

HTH

Hi, this firmware has autotracking, does anyone know where to download?

View attachment 60884

szymonm

n3wb
Reaction score
That's certainly not the Auto tracking Firmware in my camera.
My camera SD49425XB was auto tracking (firmware 2.800.1341000.0.R, Build Date 2020-03-12) , after installing the latest firmware (V2.800.0000009.3.R.P9.2522.UN.NR Build Date 2020-03-31) auto tracking was deactivated.

Last edited:
Reaction score
hi everyone im new here to this forum.

i bought this ptz cam bcz i read this forum and topic . my cam doesn't have the autotracking mode no i am looking for the firmware on the website of dahua .
there are many firmwares i was reading the other topic from andy which refers to this firmware DH_SD-prometheus_multilang_NP_Stream3_V2.800.0000000.17.R.190819.bin
can anyone check his firmware or his download if this is the correct one ? for the autotracking .
i wanna be sure before i do the upgrade . thx

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
The first firmware that featured the re-enabling of Auto Tracking was dated ending 3/10 (March 10th) so 20200310. If you purchased the camera from Andy (@EMPIRETECANDY) then you can reach out to him directly for this. If purchased from someone else then you need to reach out to your dealer.

HTH

hi everyone im new here to this forum.

i bought this ptz cam bcz i read this forum and topic . my cam doesn't have the autotracking mode no i am looking for the firmware on the website of dahua .
there are many firmwares i was reading the other topic from andy which refers to this firmware DH_SD-prometheus_multilang_NP_Stream3_V2.800.0000000.17.R.190819.bin
can anyone check his firmware or his download if this is the correct one ? for the autotracking .
i wanna be sure before i do the upgrade . thx

FlipNJ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
My camera SD49425XB was auto tracking (firmware 2.800.1341000.0.R, Build Date 2020-03-12) , after installing the latest firmware (V2.800.0000009.3.R.P9.2522.UN.NR Build Date 2020-03-31) auto tracking was deactivated.
Just update back to the last firmware. To eliminate issues, shut uncheck "Auto Check for Updates" in your settings. (Save it when done)

szymonm

n3wb
Reaction score
Just update back to the last firmware. To eliminate issues, shut uncheck "Auto Check for Updates" in your settings. (Save it when done)
Hi, I just don't have this firmware version 2.800.1341000.0.R, Build Date 2020-03-12,I think you need to generate the firmware properly based on the date or maybe the serial number.

Simon

Last edited:

flint350

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Having finally slogged through the entire 32 pages of this informative thread, I ordered one of these (4MP version) from Andy's aliexp link last night (think I got the last or next to last one). Initially I was concerned over the firmware issue, but decided it was settled now. Much of my time was spent trying to decide btwn this unit and the two more expensive and more impressive models up the line - the 59 series and new 5A445. The 54A is not available and the 59 series, at nearly 2X the price didn't offer enough improvement. My old 6AE530 died recently and will be replaced by this newer unit. I ordered last night and this morning I got a msg that the camera has already shipped! Bravo Andy.

I use the N52AP nvr and dedicated pc w/ SmartPSS and have always found the combination a bit tricky to properly setup and integrate. I'll probably have questions on that once the camera is installed and running. I have a 180 degree front cam that I want to use as a trigger and several additional cams around the house. Setting IVS/Motion btwn the cams and nvr and getting it all to play well together is occasionally frustrating, so stand by. Thanks to Andy for great service so far and WIldcat for the review info.

Attachments

Last edited:

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
Looking at your surroundings ( lack Of Street Lighting ) I would have gone for the SD49225-XA rather than the SD49425-XA as it works much better in low light.

flint350

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Actually, there is some reasonable lighting on sodium lampposts that are hard to see in the screenshot. I've had decent success with night vids from my other, older cams with similar or worse specs than this one. The IR on the pano camera (4 X 2MP sensors) covers the area well also. I remain hopeful it will all work as needed.

szymonm

n3wb
Reaction score
I tested 3 pieces of SD49425XB camera, in the aspect of autotracking the date of production is important, in the camera with the production date 12/2019 every firmware irrespective of its production date (I tested the firmware in the 12/2019-03.2020 date range) has the active autotracking function, in the camera manufactured 03 / 2020 only customized firmware has autotracking, every official firmware deactivates autotracking.

th182

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I tested 3 pieces of SD49425XB camera, in the aspect of autotracking the date of production is important, in the camera with the production date 12/2019 every firmware irrespective of its production date (I tested the firmware in the 12/2019-03.2020 date range) has the active autotracking function, in the camera manufactured 03 / 2020 only customized firmware has autotracking, every official firmware deactivates autotracking.
So it would appear that they discontinued auto-tracking for future buyers in the mainstream firmware. But provide the custom firmware for those who bought the earlier models where auto-tracking was advertised/desired. Kind of a way to disable what they must have thought was not working properly but still please existing customers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nbc56

n3wb
Reaction score
So I got one of these camera installed a couple weeks ago, just wired right into the RJ45, and my audio sounds weird (check the file below). Its got like a very quiet constant tick, and when it pans theres a buzz. Cannot hear any noise from the environment.

Did wrongly assume it has an internal mic or that it works over ethernet? Only thing I though of was I just bundled up the loose wires with electrical tape, maybe they're contacting and causing some funny business?

Otherwise pretty impressive piece of tech for the price.
View attachment audio.mp4

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
No internal mic

So I got one of these camera installed a couple weeks ago, just wired right into the RJ45, and my audio sounds weird (check the file below). Its got like a very quiet constant tick, and when it pans theres a buzz. Cannot hear any noise from the environment.

Did wrongly assume it has an internal mic or that it works over ethernet? Only thing I though of was I just bundled up the loose wires with electrical tape, maybe they're contacting and causing some funny business?

Otherwise pretty impressive piece of tech for the price.
View attachment 61380

szymonm

n3wb
Reaction score
So do you now have a camera with Auto Tracking?
Yes ,two cams with (production date 2019-12) with the latest official firmware ,and one produced in 2020-03 with customized firmware ,
all with autotracking enabled

Attachments

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
Glad you got them sorted and did your supplier send you the new firmware. Looking at your pics don't forget to set up the MIN SIZE as this helps lots with Auto Tracking I try set it around 75x75.

szymonm

n3wb
Reaction score
Glad you got them sorted and did your supplier send you the new firmware. Looking at your pics don't forget to set up the MIN SIZE as this helps lots with Auto Tracking I try set it around 75x75.
ok thx ;)