Review - Dahua SD49225XA-HNR 2MP 25x Starlight + IR PTZ AI Camera with Deep IVS & SMD Plus

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
Here in the US, I did not have to pay anything. I have ordered it Sunday and I had it in my hand, on Wednesday. The 49225 is almost half the weight and I believe, is a bit shorter as well(in height), as the 59225.

Warptrooper

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Here in the US, I did not have to pay anything. I have ordered it Sunday and I had it in my hand, on Wednesday. The 49225 is almost half the weight and I believe, is a bit shorter as well(in height), as the 59225.
Here in canada I had to pay $25 duty each on 2 different cameras (5442 and a cheap 2431)
Then for next 2 I had Andy declare value even lower (13 usd) because I found out that anything over 20 cad (about 14 usd at the time) is automaticly hit with duty.

Could I get away with lying again ? It's rather big I don't know if customs will buy it that a $488 CAD PTZ camera is only $13 USD lol. Worth a shot maybe.

DavidW

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This is a massive box compared to a 5442 and 2431. It does not look nor weigh like one of those cameras or a $13 package

Leapy

n3wb
Reaction score
@Leapy
Depending on whether you are running the Auto Tracking from factory version or not then Yes there are options to accomplish Video Meta OR Face Detection + your regular Deep IVS rules. Take a look at what I mentioned in post #839 where I mentioned that in the latest FW you can now add either one of these (Video Metadata or Face Detection) at a Global Rule level (Smart Plan) that sits on top of your regular Deep IVS rules. Works very well and as I mentioned there really expands what is possible.

HTH
Ah, Yeah I am wanting Auto-Tracking and it seems that firmware as you said is the latest one and doesn't support auto-tracking. my current firmware does not have Global Rules, That is a shame! because I would love to have Global Rules. Hopefully in the future someone can custom the firmware and add autotracking onto that firmware version.

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
Leapy I know you sent me a PM on the 24th last month , did you get your 49225xa?

Leapy

n3wb
Reaction score
Leapy I know you sent me a PM on the 24th last month , did you get your 49225xa?
I did, But I got the 4MP version instead as it suited my purposes much better Ill pop you a message now in regards to some other things!.

Leapy

n3wb
Reaction score
Why did you go for 4MP version instead ?
Outside my property it's decently well lit by street-lights and the PTZ Camera will be the only camera covering the front of my property as it will see the whole view of the property when it's in its main preset view, It's up about 33 FT, I intend to add 2 other bullet style cameras to cover the other areas of the property :)

Leapy

n3wb
Reaction score
Zero and let AI decide.
Interesting, I can only set it to lowest of 10 on the slider on the 4MP, any ideas? It seems to zoom in very late on in the tracking & even then it doesn't zoom in to give it a "tight" shot. Thanks.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@Leapy - delete the IVS and draw again and then it will be zero by zero.

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
It seems like two things are mentioned here, Tracking target size(slider) and Target filter Min size. The Min size should be left blank 0 - 0 and the slider?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That is the one that is really dependent on what is in your FOV and what you are trying to capture. Try 40 to start and then go up or down based on how it is tracking.

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
min for Target Filter. Tracking Target size depends on how you have your FOV setup, distance to targets and desired end results. The tighter the FOV the smaller you should leave the Tracking Size (35-40 for example), the wider the FOV, the more opportunities to increase this but don’t go crazy. You have to allow for headroom of targets (vehicles and people) and ensure the camera has ability breathing room to analyze the scene. Too much and the cam will lose targets. Let me know if you want me to jump on your system next week.

It seems like two things are mentioned here, Tracking target size(slider) and Target filter Min size. The Min size should be left blank 0 - 0 and the slider?

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks for the offer, I may ask you, but maybe not at this time, since my system is in the garage and I will be taking it apart, to do the walls in there.
Till then I will be playing with the slider. 68 is to much, now I'm trying 60 and so on. I will be keep dropping, until I'm satisfied.

tdwilli1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I can't get the auto tracking to track longer than 15 seconds. I can change it to other values using IE 11 and they show up as changed but any tracking it does will only last the default of 15 seconds. Any ideas?

Leapy

n3wb
Reaction score
I can't get the auto tracking to track longer than 15 seconds. I can change it to other values using IE 11 and they show up as changed but any tracking it does will only last the default of 15 seconds. Any ideas?
Same issue here, it will not track over 15 seconds.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@tdwilli1 and @Leapy - what is the action of the PTZ - does it look up to the sky or does it track perfectly and 15 seconds later it stops? Are you running BI or NVR? Can you post a video so we can see what the PTZ is doing?