Review - Dahua SD49225XA-HNR 2MP 25x Starlight + IR PTZ AI Camera with Deep IVS & SMD Plus

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
Below is what my camera came with.

System VersionV2.800.0000000.17.R.P9.2520.UN.NR, Build Date: 2019-08-19
WEB Version V3.2.1.776963
ONVIF Version 18.12(V2.4.5.729857)
PTZ Version V2.401.0000000.41.RHNZ_190712_32701
Security Baseline VersionV2.0

Then I updated to System Version V2.800.0000002.3.R.P9.2520.UN.NR, Build Date: 2019-11-21 then applied the 3D PTZ fix I just posted

Wolf4Ever

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Below is what my camera came with.

System VersionV2.800.0000000.17.R.P9.2520.UN.NR, Build Date: 2019-08-19
WEB Version V3.2.1.776963
ONVIF Version 18.12(V2.4.5.729857)
PTZ Version V2.401.0000000.41.RHNZ_190712_32701
Security Baseline VersionV2.0

Then I updated to System Version V2.800.0000002.3.R.P9.2520.UN.NR, Build Date: 2019-11-21 then applied the 3D PTZ fix I just posted
Ok, I'll try it and see what happens.

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
@Wolf4Ever mine is around 113 but of course depends on system (actual vs allocated based on cluster sizes) BUT is the same file yes ;)

The PTZ control FW that LJ showed is the newer one with 3D positioning fix that is out there for testing but would not expect that to impact your Alarm Track piece as that is primarily tied to main FW. I would definitely attempt a refresh to 11/21 then default (remember sometimes may need multiples, I've seen cams needing 5 before they final truly defaulted) and see where you are there. I just put a 49225 back on 11/21 and PTZ control 7/19 no issue, then went down to 8/19 and finally brought back to 11/21 and never saw any issues with the Alarm Track time being limited or disabled. You're not hooking this into an NVR/BI etc etc where something else may be overriding the setting ? If you are, may want to try disconnect and then try only in web GUI and see if it sticks. If already in web GUI then disregard and maybe try the refresh/default.

HTH

I did and it didn't help I have some videos on my phone to show the IVS lines, but it's being dumb and I wasn't able to get them off to post.
Is this the one you used? "DH_SD-Prometheus_MultiLang_NP_Stream3_V2.800.0000002.3.R.191121" File size 110,837

I'll see if I can get some free screen capture software and capture the process. As I do think it's strange if you're not seeing this at all.

Wolf4Ever

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
@Wolf4Ever mine is around 113 but of course depends on system (actual vs allocated based on cluster sizes) BUT is the same file yes ;)

The PTZ control FW that LJ showed is the newer one with 3D positioning fix that is out there for testing but would not expect that to impact your Alarm Track piece as that is primarily tied to main FW. I would definitely attempt a refresh to 11/21 then default (remember sometimes may need multiples, I've seen cams needing 5 before they final truly defaulted) and see where you are there. I just put a 49225 back on 11/21 and PTZ control 7/19 no issue, then went down to 8/19 and finally brought back to 11/21 and never saw any issues with the Alarm Track time being limited or disabled. You're not hooking this into an NVR/BI etc etc where something else may be overriding the setting ? If you are, may want to try disconnect and then try only in web GUI and see if it sticks. If already in web GUI then disregard and maybe try the refresh/default.

HTH
@Wildcat_1 Ok, well did a factory default and setup and then a few defaults. All seems well now. Never ran into that before good to know for later.

Last edited:

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
@ljw2k Please Don't share any firmware here till we finish the full testing, if anyone brick their camera we will not undertake the lost. The firmware I sent you just for your testing ONLY.
For the preset issues, as i told if camera has hardware issue, will be replaced/refunded. Till now only 1-2 cams have the preset issue. We are waiting the engineer to review Mech's camera and then will know if it's a hardware issue or firmware bug. New cameras always have different problems, lastly we will sort it out.

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
@ljw2k Please Don't share any firmware here till we finish the full testing, if anyone brick their camera we will not undertake the lost. The firmware I sent you just for your testing ONLY.
For the preset issues, as i told if camera has hardware issue, will be replaced/refunded. Till now only 1-2 cams have the preset issue. We are waiting the engineer to review Mech's camera and then will know if it's a hardware issue or firmware bug. New cameras always have different problems, lastly we will sort it out.
Ok fair enough Andy and I thought we was a community to share information especially same camera and model and if I thought any of the firmware you sent me would brick my camera then you should have stated as I would never have used it in the first place :) - But As your request firmware removed and as from now he has not bricked his camera so no worries .

Wolf4Ever

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Ok fair enough Andy and I thought we was a community to share information especially same camera and model and if I thought any of the firmware you sent me would brick my camera then you should have stated as I would never have used it in the forest place :) - But As your request firmware removed and as from now he has not bricked his camera so no worries .
Deleted my reply as well to remove the link.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Ok fair enough Andy and I thought we was a community to share information especially same camera and model - As your request firmware removed and as from now he has not bricked his camera so no worries .
Because the new firmware not support autotracking anymore. If DH lock the firmware and can't downgrade, will be a big lost for those cams which have the built in autotracking function.

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
Because the new firmware not support autotracking anymore. If they lock the firmware and can't downgrade, will be a big lost for those who need the autotracking function.
As it was only Tuesday at 7:57 AM of Dahua not supporting AT anymore and Wolf4ever camera was before this I took it he had the AT feature still enabled so safe to send him the 3D AT file not the updated firmware which he already updated from somewhere.

Wolf4Ever

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
No problem Wof4Ever I was just trying to help you out mate.
Thanks, it seems ok now not sure the cause of whatever happened, but it was acting like the IPC-HDW5442TM-AS did at one point. I could use/set IVS and it would flash/trigger but nothing would happen. I tried a default and even the button under the cover. Nothing worked and I didn't have the last firmware posted 819/810 before the link expired. So I looked for and found the one mentioned in the post ad there isn't really any out for this model yet. Still wasn't working so here I was.

Last edited:

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I've always done this for updating firmware.
1-Set the camera back to factory defaults.
2-Load firmware update
3-Reset back to factory defaults again.
4-Never perform the updates from a laptop or other computer that is connected to your network via WiFi.
I've never had any issue's with this method.

mech

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thank you for your help @EMPIRETECANDY :)

GuitarKin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello,
I have SD49425XB-HNR first guy in world :). Thanks Andy for that camera and great service. I have that preset problem too. It looses preset just after few preset turns. I hope that is not hardware problem. Dahua should test these cameras little better than that. Better quality control needed.

Camera keep preset just fine if you use tour. I have more than 10 preset on tour and after one hour it still keeps every one. But if you control camera manualy it seems to lost preset coordinates.

Last edited:

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
@GuitarKin DM me and let’s go over some things to test and try on yours. Also let us know the main FW you are running (whether as shipped or upgraded) and the PTZ control FW it’s on.
Hello,
I have SD49425XB-HNR first guy in world :). Thanks Andy for that camera and great service. I have that preset problem too. It looses preset just after few preset turns. I hope that is not hardware problem. Dahua should test these cameras little better than that. Better quality control needed.

Camera keep preset just fine if you use tour. I have more than 10 preset on tour and after one hour it still keeps every one. But if you control camera manualy it seems to lost preset coordinates.

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
Just like the days of stovetop out of the pan ;) Stuff of legends

Yes! I boiled the pasta for ten minutes, smashed some pasta sauce on it, and ate it right out of the pan :)