Review - Dahua SD49225XA-HNR 2MP 25x Starlight + IR PTZ AI Camera with Deep IVS & SMD Plus

DRZmaui

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Crap, it happened to me. Was not following this issue about the deletion of auto tracking. Gone overseas for the past 2 weeks. Starting to catch up on the posts. Guess I'm too late . Came back tonight, sure enough no more auto tracking. (Auto updates check off). I’m really pissed. Only reason I bought it was for was the auto tracking. Camera was working great. Now it’s worthless to me.
I know it’s not Andy’s fault, but sure sour me from Dahaua. I’m up to over 30 cameras, will start looking Hikvison. A real shitty way to handle you base.

Last edited:

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
Hang on let me get this right you had Auto tracking and was working before you went away and when you came back the Auto tracking feature has gone?
If this is the case your camera must have Auto Updated and the new firmware disabled the auto tracking. If this is the case it would be a simple matter of flashing the camera back to the older firmware.

You could also have a look in the log files to see what the camera has done different since you have been away.
I doubt auto tracking has been disabled by a firmware update as I believe and been told on here it was a hardware change.

What firmware is the camera now on?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Crap, it happened to me. Was not following this issue about the deletion of auto tracking. Gone overseas for the past 2 weeks. Starting to catch up on the posts. Guess I'm too late . Came back tonight, sure enough no more auto tracking. (Auto updates check off). I’m really pissed. Only reason I bought it was for was the auto tracking. Camera was working great. Now it’s worthless to me.
I know it’s not Andy’s fault, but sure sour me from Dahaua. I’m up to over 30 cameras, will start looking Hikvison. A real shitty way to handle you base.
You should NEVER use auto-update on any part of a cctv system.

DRZmaui

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hang on let me get this right you had Auto tracking and was working before you went away and when you came back the Auto tracking feature has gone?
If this is the case your camera must have Auto Updated and the new firmware disabled the auto tracking. If this is the case it would be a simple matter of flashing the camera back to the older firmware.

You could also have a look in the log files to see what the camera has done different since you have been away.
I doubt auto tracking has been disabled by a firmware update as I believe and been told on here it was a hardware change.

What firmware is the camera now on?
Don't think it's an option. Previous post show this is an issue with model. Really pissed with them.

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
Andy reported that this camera will no longer come with Auto tracking 31st December post #126 and it was also clearly stated on his shop on AliExpress that it will no longer come with Auto Tracking.
If your purchase was before this then you would have an argument for a return I suppose but still a very good camera and all depends how you are going to be using it.

Last edited:

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Excuse me but... Un fucking believable! Just opened the box from Amazon.. SD49225XA from Empire Tec Andy... I am assuming this camera is supposed to have a power supply in the box? NOPE! Nothing but issues. Has to be me lol. Scratches by the screws on the back cover too. Someone had this before me. Super good chance its going back. Maybe I have a PS somewhere and see if its works. Sorry guys but this blows
Hey buddy, this camera not include with a power adapter like fixed cams, only SD59225U-HNI,SD59230U-HNI,SD6CEXX-HNI have power adapter. We will put this on the amazon link. Thanks for your point out.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Dahua has some nerve to push out an update to disable functions after it's been sold. Wow.
Yes, that is right. And i updated this changing when i found this. The 1st lot that we sold all supported autotracking, they did something on the firmware to disable the autotracking.

Davahad

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes, that is right. And i updated this changing when i found this. The 1st lot that we sold all supported autotracking, they did something on the firmware to disable the autotracking.
Why did they disable autotracking?

th182

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Has anyone had issues with this camera rebooting itself randomly? Mine is rebooting 2-3 times a day when it is just sitting idle on a preset. I have Auto Reboot disabled under the Auto Maintain section. I have reached out to Andy regarding this and provided him my log files. I also experience the preset slip occasionally and sometimes when the random reboot happens it doesn't home itself correctly so the presets are off until I notice and manually bring it home.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
What is the build date of the camera as per the white sticker on the box?

Has anyone had issues with this camera rebooting itself randomly? Mine is rebooting 2-3 times a day when it is just sitting idle on a preset. I have Auto Reboot disabled under the Auto Maintain section. I have reached out to Andy regarding this and provided him my log files. I also experience the preset slip occasionally and sometimes when the random reboot happens it doesn't home itself correctly so the presets are off until I notice and manually bring it home.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
There are several reasons (1) some owners were complaining of the preset slip which while the camera was auto-tracking (2) others simply stated that autotracking was not working to their satisfaction [probably due to the fact that they didn't know how to set things up right (3) this camera falls under the Lite-series category, usually Pro-series and up supports autotracking

Why did they disable autotracking?

th182

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
What is the build date of the camera as per the white sticker on the box?
Date on box is 2019-12

I ordered from Andy knowing the auto tracking has been removed so no worries there. Even without auto tracking the positioning is "slipping" when presets are called. Whether that's after an unexpected reboot or manually calling presets through BI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Are you using an external power supply or is directly connected to a PoE Switch (supporting minimum 30 watts per port)?

Date on box is 2019-12

I ordered from Andy knowing the auto tracking has been removed so no worries there. Even without auto tracking the positioning is "slipping" when presets are called. Whether that's after an unexpected reboot or manually calling presets through BI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk