Review - Dahua SD49225XA-HNR 2MP 25x Starlight + IR PTZ AI Camera with Deep IVS & SMD Plus

flint350

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The DORI distances on my 4MP version are approx. 1.5x those of the thread's 2MP version, so probably not useful to you (833ft vs 528ft, for example at Identify). The furthest area of interest to me is a stop sign at the far end of my cul-de-sac for potential license plate or person ID and is about 1000ft. I find that the 25X zoom is more than sufficient to identify pretty much anything at those distances.

orinoco

n3wb
Reaction score
Camera arrived today from andy thanks to him, camera now mounted but have a weird issue obviously, probably down to rushing to try and get it up and running, tracking time set to 75 and its saved, if I walk into intrusion area it picks me up and tracks, but if I stand still for 3/4 seconds it returns home, my wife says its bored of videoing me :) no idle time set

Last edited:

sp0457

n3wb
Reaction score
Camera arrived today from andy thanks to him, camera now mounted but have a weird issue obviously, probably down to rushing to try and get it up and running, tracking time set to 75 and its saved, if I walk into intrusion area it picks me up and tracks, but if I stand still for 3/4 seconds it returns home, my wife says its bored of videoing me :) no idle time set
Unfortunately, this is what I'm experiencing and I do not see any setting to fix it. It loses tracking if the person or vehicle stops for only a couple of seconds (seems to vary, but it's frustratingly too short and super easy to defeat). Setting the tracking time all the way to the max of 300 makes no difference as it's the delay after it loses tracking that needs to be adjusted (but there doesn't seem to be a way to do that).

@Wildcat_1 have you been able to get around this?

Another disappointment is that there is no "non-motor vehicle" filter setting that seemed to be in the earlier firmware versions. I was really hoping this camera can track wildlife and my dog but there is no option for that.

th182

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Unfortunately, this is what I'm experiencing and I do not see any setting to fix it. It loses tracking if the person or vehicle stops for only a couple of seconds (seems to vary, but it's frustratingly too short and super easy to defeat). Setting the tracking time all the way to the max of 300 makes no difference as it's the delay after it loses tracking that needs to be adjusted (but there doesn't seem to be a way to do that).

@Wildcat_1 have you been able to get around this?

Another disappointment is that there is no "non-motor vehicle" filter setting that seemed to be in the earlier firmware versions. I was really hoping this camera can track wildlife and my dog but there is no option for that.
For what it’s worth... mine tracks my dogs as humans. So you’ll probably be ok with larger wildlife!

I too have the quick loss of a person if they stop moving. It does vary significantly on how long it sticks on them stationary before giving up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

orinoco

n3wb
Reaction score
Tracking not quite working right, driving me crackers, acquires target then drops target does not reacquire and then goes and has a look at the sky , camera currently set with only one preset Overwatch and 1 intrusion rule, target size has been set at 30 35 40 45 50 still does the same, the sky is not covered in the target area, any pointers to fix greatly appreciated

FW on Camera V2.800.107J000.0.T.P9.2520.UN.NR, Build Date: 2020-03-10

orinoco

n3wb
Reaction score
Tracking not quite working right, driving me crackers, acquires target then drops target does not reacquire and then goes and has a look at the sky , camera currently set with only one preset Overwatch and 1 intrusion rule, target size has been set at 30 35 40 45 50 still does the same, the sky is not covered in the target area, any pointers to fix greatly appreciated

FW on Camera V2.800.107J000.0.T.P9.2520.UN.NR, Build Date: 2020-03-10

Camera now tracking like a demon, its like a new camera after @ljw2k logged in and sorted it, really good guy and immensely helpful, truly appreciate him taking time out of his day to sort my issues. I was truly tearing my hair out and he sorted within 30 mins, thanks again

sp0457

n3wb
Reaction score
For what it’s worth... mine tracks my dogs as humans. So you’ll probably be ok with larger wildlife!
I too have the quick loss of a person if they stop moving. It does vary significantly on how long it sticks on them stationary before giving up.
That's good to hear. My dog is on the smaller side so it doesn't pick him up (even with a really small min target size). We have bears in the area so we'll see but I don't have much confidence since even if it starts tracking...it'll lose it after a few seconds as the bears often stand still and not move around much while exploring. I wish Dahua would add a setting to adjust the delay (and further, if it lost tracking to zoom out but keep the position until the subject starts moving again).

Camera now tracking like a demon, its like a new camera after @ljw2k logged in and sorted it, really good guy and immensely helpful, truly appreciate him taking time out of his day to sort my issues. I was truly tearing my hair out and he sorted within 30 mins, thanks again
Interesting. Did you try your earlier test? Once it starts tracking and then you stand still for a short period does it lose tracking and return home?

orinoco

n3wb
Reaction score
I didn't but just have tested and stood still for 10 seconds and it stayed locked on me and didnt return home

sp0457

n3wb
Reaction score
I didn't but just have tested and stood still for 10 seconds and it stayed locked on me and didnt return home
Did it return after 10 seconds or did it track up to your tracking time that you set? I find that if I move slightly it'll sometimes track longer, but if I stop without moving much it'll end tracking in 5-10 seconds (this varies).

orinoco

n3wb
Reaction score
No it didn't return home I stood still, went behind a car and it was locked on continued tracking me until I was out of shot

sp0457

n3wb
Reaction score
No it didn't return home I stood still, went behind a car and it was locked on continued tracking me until I was out of shot
Thanks for checking. Do you mind sharing your max/min and tracking size as well rule type (action, direction) settings?

sp0457

n3wb
Reaction score
Send me a pm mate I can have a look at this for you if you want as orinoco's setting would not be set for your environment and surroundings.
Everyone's setting will be very different.
I appreciate it, but I don't have outside access setup. I'm interested to see what works in his environment which isn't too dissimilar. The deep ivs settings on this cam are pretty minimal, so just to get a glimpse would be enough.

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
If you start with 1 smart plan and 1 intrusion zone around your perimeter of your property making sure you have ticked Exit & Enter and also leave the max size and draw the Min size to around 75x75. Set your tracking size for starters to around 30 and don't forget to set it for 24/7 Sunday-Monday and tracking time start with 30 seconds depending on what you want to track and how long for.

Here is my settings.

2020-06-03 23_05_51-Microsoft Edge.jpg

sp0457

n3wb
Reaction score
If you start with 1 smart plan and 1 intrusion zone around your perimeter of your property making sure you have ticked Exit & Enter and also leave the max size and draw the Min size to around 75x75. Set your tracking size for starters to around 30 and don't forget to set it for 24/7 Sunday-Monday and tracking time start with 30 seconds depending on what you want to track and how long for.

Here is my settings.
Thanks for the screenshot. Longer track time (300) and a smaller (20) tracking target size aside, the only significant difference is that my min size can't be smaller than 73x128 or so (using IE at fullscreen). No amount of adjustments makes a tangible difference in terms of the delay after tracking loss. After tracking, if the subject pauses and does not move (and I mean no hand motion or anything) then it'll go home after about 4 to a max of 10 seconds. I wish that delay was adjustable. Every video from others that I've seen seems to show this behavior. I think what I mean by pausing and my expectations in general are just different. Regardless, thanks again for the screenshot.

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
Returning to preset after 4-10 seconds of non movement is perfect, I can't see a reason to stay static on an object for any longer. If that object then starts to move again say after 10 seconds then the camera should lock back onto it and start the tracking process over again.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Returning to preset after 4-10 seconds of non movement is perfect, I can't see a reason to stay static on an object for any longer. If that object then starts to move again say after 10 seconds then the camera should lock back onto it and start the tracking process over again.
Not if they are out of the view of where it tracked them to...

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
Obviously the object must be in the FOV and I think he is asking to much from the 1 camera maybe he needs multiple camera's

Last edited:

sp0457

n3wb
Reaction score
Not if they are out of the view of where it tracked them to...
Yup, exactly.
As wittay said, if the subject moves out of the preset view area then it doesn't work. I have the camera mounted on the corner of the house so for my case 4-10 seconds is not enough. I do have infrared motion sensors and multiple fixed cameras that are tied to my home automation system which can some what mitigate this issue, but it still would have been great if the delay setting was there.