Review - Dahua SD49225XA-HNR 2MP 25x Starlight + IR PTZ AI Camera with Deep IVS & SMD Plus

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
I have never seen a delay feature on any camera's I have used in the menu system especially Dahua having owned the 4/5/6/ and 8 series. Not sure if the feature you want is available on any camera TBH. The only thing I can suggest is to have camera's fixed or zoomed into the area's you want to monitor as 1 PTZ is no good on its own and if you have other fixed camera's and they are not catching what you want then maybe a re think of your entire set up.

sp0457

n3wb
Reaction score
I have never seen a delay feature on any camera's I have used in the menu system especially Dahua having owned the 4/5/6/ and 8 series. Not sure if the feature you want is available on any camera TBH. The only thing I can suggest is to have camera's fixed or zoomed into the area's you want to monitor as 1 PTZ is no good on its own and if you have other fixed camera's and they are not catching what you want then maybe a re think of your entire set up.
It's more of an oversight on the part of the programmers than a necessary feature. If it picks up a subject in clear view and that subject does not disappear behind something but just stops, and 300 seconds is set as tracking time, then it's reasonable to expect that the tracking should last up to 300 seconds.

As far as my set up, it's already robust. In addition to other cameras, I use outdoor motion sensors with home automation software to tie it all together. I don't need rethinking, I'm just always trying to improve it (as it's a bit of a hobby).

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I don't know if it is coincidence or something about the setting, but in my neighbors, we changed the track time to 300 seconds and that for some reason holds it longer if someone stops, but if they walk/drive out of the visible frame, then it resets back. It isn't perfect, but his does hold on the person or car longer now - worth a try.

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
It's more of an oversight on the part of the programmers than a necessary feature. If it picks up a subject in clear view and that subject does not disappear behind something but just stops, and 300 seconds is set as tracking time, then it's reasonable to expect that the tracking should last up to 300 seconds.

As far as my set up, it's already robust. In addition to other cameras, I use outdoor motion sensors with home automation software to tie it all together. I don't need rethinking, I'm just always trying to improve it (as it's a bit of a hobby).
Indeed not an oversight for this make model of camera which is in the lite series low end Dahua Range. You are lucky it even has auto tracking as this model does NOT come standard with it and is only available through a "BETA" firmware upgrade.

The 15-300 second timer is programmed for tracking time as long as the subject is tracking ( Movement ) and will always go back to preset after within 10 seconds which is perfect for 99% of how it was intended.
I'm glad you mentioned that you already have a robust setup and I wasn't try to ridicule you in any way and like me it is a hobby and we are all here to help each other as this is what this great forum is all about.

nhs128

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Indeed not an oversight for this make model of camera which is in the lite series low end Dahua Range. You are lucky it even has auto tracking as this model does NOT come standard with it and is only available through a "BETA" firmware upgrade.

The 15-300 second timer is programmed for tracking time as long as the subject is tracking ( Movement ) and will always go back to preset after within 10 seconds which is perfect for 99% of how it was intended.
I'm glad you mentioned that you already have a robust setup and I wasn't try to ridicule you in any way and like me it is a hobby and we are all here to help each other as this is what this great forum is all about.
Is there a different model you would suggest that has auto tracking in standard firmware vs beta that has the same qualities as this one? I’m trying to pull the trigger but feel like when I do, I see posts like the recent ones here and it makes me second guess haha.

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes the next model up5 series, but you are looking a lot more money for what is the same camera just in a larger housing. I owned the 6 series and it is no where as good as this model and I think Dahua realised this hence why they removed the Auto Tracking Feature so they could sell more top end.

All about £££££ like anything.

sp0457

n3wb
Reaction score
I don't know if it is coincidence or something about the setting, but in my neighbors, we changed the track time to 300 seconds and that for some reason holds it longer if someone stops, but if they walk/drive out of the visible frame, then it resets back. It isn't perfect, but his does hold on the person or car longer now - worth a try.
I've been using 300 seconds all this time, and that only holds for 4-10 seconds, so unfortunately, nowhere near the set tracking time. It's just the way the software is programmed.

The 15-300 second timer is programmed for tracking time as long as the subject is tracking ( Movement ) and will always go back to preset after within 10 seconds which is perfect.
I disagree. I don't particularly care about the model or series, I'm simply expressing that it has undesirable behavior for my case. As far as being lucky, no, I was aware of the situation and bought the version with tracking. I'm glad the camera works for you with the 10 second reset. I was simply trying to see if others have experienced the same behavior or if it was a settings issue. It's not a settings issue, again, it's just the way the software was programmed.

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
I think you are missing something here as the settings Alarm Track/Tracking Time 15-300 is ONLY for when the object is moving ( Tracking ) and returning to preset after 4-10 seconds is how the camera should operate hence (alarm track & tracking time) and not alarm hold and alarm tracking hold. To say it's undesirable behaviour is nonsense as the camera is working as it should and is programmed like any other PTZ that won't have the feature you are wanting.

IN THEORY ON PAPER:
Setting the camera to 15s - The camera will stay with the "moving Object" for 15 Seconds
Setting the camera to 300s - The camera will stay with the "moving Object" 300 seconds

sp0457

n3wb
Reaction score
I think you are missing something here as the settings Alarm Track/Tracking Time 15-300 is ONLY for when the object is moving ( Tracking ) and returning to preset after 4-10 seconds is how the camera should operate hence (alarm track & tracking time) and not alarm hold and alarm tracking hold. To say it's undesirable behaviour is nonsense as the camera is working as it should and is programmed like any other PTZ that won't have the feature you are wanting.
I'm not missing anything. Again, if it recognizes a person walking in clear view and that person stops and doesn't disappear behind any obstacles, and 300 seconds is set as tracking time, then it's reasonable to expect that the tracking should last up to 300 seconds, not end in 4 seconds.
To say it's undesirable behaviour is nonsense as the camera is working as it should and is programmed like any other PTZ that won't have the feature you are wanting.
I see. This behavior of losing tracking quickly when the person stops is totally desirable. To disagree with that is nonsense. Ok. I get it, you think this behavior is perfect, and there's no need for improvement and progress. That's fine. I simply don't share that view. This back and forth is not productive so let's leave it at that.

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm not missing anything. Again, if it recognizes a person walking in clear view and that person stops and doesn't disappear behind any obstacles, and 300 seconds is set as tracking time, then it's reasonable to expect that the tracking should last up to 300 seconds, not end in 4 seconds.

I would think 99% of users would say a 4-10 second fix is long enough for a static Object

I see. This behavior of losing tracking quickly when the person stops is totally desirable. To disagree with that is nonsense. Ok. I get it, you think this behavior is perfect, and there's no need for improvement and progress. That's fine. I simply don't share that view. This back and forth is not productive so let's leave it at that.
Tracking is the Keyword here moving object and you are asking it to track a fixed NON moving object.

At least we can agree we are getting nowhere :) if the camera doesn't do what you want sell it and move on. I would think it hard to find any other PTZ with the feature you want but please prove me wrong and post back if you do find something.

Regards Andrew

Reaction score
I am struggling to get my SD49425XB connected to Blue Iris. When I use the "Generic ONVIF" preset I can view video and am able to control PTZ when using the "Dahua V4 setting." However, I cannot receive ONVIF motion triggers. When using one of the Dahua presets I’m able to receive motion alerts from the camera but I cannot control PTZ.

Does anyone have video, PTZ controls, and ONVIF motion triggers working successfully? Would you mind sharing your settings?

ljw2k

Known around here
Reaction score
Have you tried Find Inspect?

Main Stream /cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0&unicast=true&proto=Onvif2020-06-05 04_28_38-Blue Iris.jpg

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
@sp0457 you would benefit from setting up a 2nd cam, fixed and using it to call the PTZ to set presets with PTZ activation and then using nested IVS rules as I’ve mentioned here and in other threads. That would help you achieve a wide permanent fixed shot (ensuring nothing is missed) and then on movement in set zones call the PTZ to a preset and have it track from there. That way when the PTZ returns from duty (say due to non movement of target) your wider spotter cam will continue to monitor the scene and call the PTZ back as needed. As I mentioned before, I set these in multi cam configs all the time and it works really well.

Reaction score
Have you tried Find Inspect?

Main Stream /cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0&unicast=true&proto=Onvif
Thanks, @ljw2k! For some reason I had to change my discovery port to 80 after I ran find/discover but now PTZ and motion events from the camera both appear in BI.

th182

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Question for the experts on BI and PTZ cameras... Since I installed this camera I left it on one preset with an intrusion zone for auto tracking. Today I set up Blue Iris to use my other cameras as 'spotter cameras' so when they trigger I have their 'on trigger' event call the preset covering that cameras area. That way the PTZ spins around and tracks any movement another camera sees. Each preset has its own intrusion zone set.

This works fairly well. However, if I take manual control of the camera to look at something, and one of my spotter cameras triggers motion it steals control from me and swings around to the appropriate preset.

Is there a way to prevent BI from calling those presets when a spotter camera triggers and the PTZ is currently being controlled? I'm guessing not but thought I'd ask. I have a bunch of trees so the wind blowing causes all kinds of shadows that BI triggers on.

I figure a work around would be to set a profile for spotter camera operation and one that ignores the spotter camera rules. Then if I need to manually control it I can switch profiles.

Thoughts? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I use the profile change that you mentioned. I tried lot's of different ways and that was the only sure one LOL. Just remember to switch back.